What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 31, 2022 10:03 pm

I was going to say that it's unfortunate Obsidian never had that one, master-class game where they really reached their full potential as game devs. Their Mario 3, if you'll forgive a movieblob reference. But then I remembered New Vegas exists. So at least we'll always have that, no matter how cucked and woke their nu-shit becomes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:39 pm

This one's kinda dope

A turn-based Beat 'em up, where the only randomization comes from your deck of cards.
Reminds me a bit of Into the Breach in that everyone auto-hits (avoiding attacks involves generating Block aka temporary hit points, getting dodge tokesn, or just moving out of the fucking way), but you can see the zones that enemies can and/or will attack into.
Has some roguelike elements in that you move around in what is basically an abstract dungeon, and your hit points don't regenerate between fights (unless you find some healing event where you can heal yourself with cash).
Thankfully getting hit isn't actually all that common. If your hand isn't complete garbage you can easily win entire fights without getting hit once. Even entering a boss stage with like 1/4 health left is perfectly doable.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:42 am

In other words, it's Slay The Spire with a Super Hot-like setting/theme.
You should probably play Slay The Spire too if you like the (((genre))), afaik that one was the clone maker:

It's harder than its clones though, when i played it i never managed to kill the true final boss because something always went wrong during the run.

The clone with the best graphics is this one:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 pm

I'd say it's a bit more original than your regular clone, since it has like an actual grid, where movement and positioning actually matters, instead of One-Man Final Fantasy with cards.

And what's up with the player character inTainted Grail? Dude's idle animation makes him look bored out of his mind.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 pm
it has like an actual grid, where movement and positioning actually matters
That part also was already implemented before:

You don't want to know how many of these stinkers there are.
And Alina is not a waifu, she's referred in the game as a they/them.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 pm
Dude's idle animation makes him look bored out of his mind.
He (and the other classes) is the protagonist of a very boring game, after all.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:16 pm

Complicity wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:30 pm
That part also was already implemented before:
This has got to be the ugliest hex map I've ever seen. Why would you design it like that?
And Alina is not a waifu, she's referred in the game as a they/them.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:22 pm

This one just came out:

Plays like a mix of Turtles in Time and Streets of African Sainthood 4, more like the former rather than the latter unfortunately.
The bouncing of SoR4 (and Fight n' Rage) is here too, but i don't think you can keep the combo going by spamming the slide like you can do with Max.
It's based on the 80s cartoon, so everyone's favorite characters Vernon and Burne are in the game - and fucking Irma will probably show her face later on.
The turtles' voices seem the same as in the cartoon; i don't know if they hired the same VAs, or if they are using audio samples from the cartoon itself.
Orcril and Splinter are playable from the start.
The difference between the characters is mostly/only about the balance between speed, power and reach, with Orcril being the fastest and weakest and Splinter the slowest while having the same power as Raf and the same reach as Leo.
The arcade mode is linear and must be completed with a limited amount of lives, the story mode has secrets, sub-objectives and the characters level up in it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:32 pm

Certainly looks more promising than the abortion that was Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:32 pm
Certainly looks more promising than the abortion that was Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.
It is made by Dotemu, after all.

Quick update: Splinter is op and the best character.
Just like with Saint Floyd and Max, the devs don't understand that the slowest characters are supposed to move slower than the rest, and not as fast as everyone else, while hitting like trucks and having good/the best reach.
Or maybe they know that, but they don't give a shit anyway.
I love how his attack animations include rat bites, and him standing on the opponents like Pai Mei.

There's a new mechanic which is a defensive maneuver that allows you to roll backwards, and it's very useful to avoid hits that in the TMNT arcade games would be inevitable, and it can be followed by a counterattack and incorporated into combos.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Is there any wokeness, even a faint hint of it?
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show