What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:29 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:40 pm
I have OG RE4 - not really clamoring for a remake.
When you're the voice of reason, it's time to worry.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:28 pm

Nigga, you’d have killed me a while ago if you really wanted to.
There are small changes to be made, I guess…I’m told Leon speaks Spanish in some of the early scenes of the remake, and plot wise - yeah it makes sense he’d have done his homework.
But gameplay wise - the game proper moves at a good enough clip, nothings really wrong with the controls or pacing (especially in contrast to RE2 - I do not care for the controls in that game) - and this is the first game where the campy plot feels deliberate.
If you’re fine with a pulpy, goofy story I think the original still works fine.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:48 pm

It's reasonable to assume a US fed knows some gutter Spanish. But RE4 is possibly the RE game in the least need for a remake, as has been noted before.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:03 pm

RE4 Remake served to catapult some cunt into stardom, because they used her pretty face to model the game's main cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:06 am

The new remake is shit. Capcom has already added microtransactions which increase the player power level in the main campaign. Allowing whales to buy their way through the game if they want. They're pumping out DLC which has been revealed to be primarily based on features cut out of the base game so they could be resold to the player. Separate Ways is not in base RE4 Remake and will be sold separately as DLC. Mercs has a couple of maps and characters at launch. You can be 100% certain they will sell more to you as DLC.

The new aiming and shooting looks awful. Hitstun is a weird fucking mess and zombies are in the RE2 Remake camp of taking a million bullets without reacting. They added a parry button like every other mainstream game and your knife LOSES DURABILITY WHEN YOU USE IT. Yes, Leon's knife can break. Menus look like shit compared to the og game too. About the only improvement you can say the new game added is fast weapon swap with dpad. Which could have been modded into the base game.

It (the boss) was cut from the game entirely. I bet there are other bosses which were cut as well.

So if all of that sounds awesome to you then you should pay your $70+ for the remake. Remember to save a few more twenties for whenever Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of DLC come out.
SpoilerShow
Capcom should have remade RE6 since that game is shit already.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:38 pm

• no upskirt Ashley
  • no "ballistics" comment
  • aiming is either far too sensitive or too slow because "muh realism" quota, rendering the Shooting Range minigame into a tiresome hassle
  • recycled that fucking knife durability thing from RE7, RE2R, RE3R, and RE8 that no one liked
  • RE Engine is still dogshit & face models look ugly as sin
  • movement still feels janky AF due to carrying over the pivoting momentum shite from RE2R
  • new English VAs suck, especially Ada's
  • said VA deleted her instagram due to so-called """harassment""" & posted a self-gratifying response about being the "first official Asian-American voice" of the character as a "landmark acheivement" :roll:
  • said VA garnered an army of simps to her defense
  • Ada's no longer rocking her revealing cheongsam because current year
  • the Merchant no longer feels anywhere near as soulful
  • most enemies are walking bullet sponges that take longer to kill compared to the original
  • bosses prattle on far too often during their fights
  • Leon's jokes are no longer funny & feel forced
  • Hunnigan no longer wears a skirt because current year
  • Mendez no longer jumps out the window to pursue Ada
  • Ramon Salazar no longer wears his hat + is referred to as "Ramon" from then on
  • ruined Salazar's fight
  • Luis' new death is lame
  • Krauser sounds like a 15yo weeb trying to act tough & his boss fight encounters suck now
  • the "autosort" option renders the manual sorting of items pointless since the game does it for you whenever
  • plot points from the original feel far more "by-the-numbers" + rushed in the remake
I wouldn't expect anything less from Crapcom. I dare Sickfuck to defend this as he did for REmake2.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:32 pm

• the "autosort" option renders the manual sorting of items pointless since the game does it for you whenever
NOOOOOOOOOO! That was the only fun gameplay :cry:
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:35 pm

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:38 pm
  • RE Engine is still dogshit & face models look ugly as sin
The only thing this engine is good for is Devil May Cry, and it isn't really much of a step up from the one they used for DMC4 unless you really want hair that tries (and fails) harder to be hyper-realistic.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:27 pm

Modern MonHun runs on RE engine. It's perfectly fine for that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:40 pm

Realism is the worst trend in gayming. What am I supposed to jack to if the characters look like real people?
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you