What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:02 am

Not at all. I expected shit, saw meritocracy and waited until it was fairly alright.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:43 am

I know somebody who really enjoys Rise, but they're a MH newfag who barely played the previous games. Except for World.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:09 am

I'm quite happy so far as well, though I've never touched World before.
The only thing I'm miffed about is the lack of a cool intro cinematic.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:12 am

It's far better than World.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:26 pm

Good to hear. I'm sure it will go on sale or drop in price eventually (all Capcom games do) and I'll be able to play it for a song.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:23 pm

In other news: Gunvolt 3 now has an epilogue that will hopefully salvage the weird af ending.
The playable character around is this game's rival bloke, who is so bishie you'd think he was gay (if he didn't exclusively hire hot chicks and a loli with autism).
Gameplay-wise he's like a mix between the other two playable characters. He has some rad melee attacks that change to homing shots when tagging shit, but doing that teleport dash thingie lets you do melee attacks again.
It's like a better version of Copen from Luminous Avenger 2 (where he got a melee attack that you never ended up using because you can't swing your buzzsaw when you've tagged someone even if you wanted to)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:59 pm

Playing Bastard Bonds, and i can't believe how based it is.
I have no idea how to romance either the men or the (few) wahmen in my stronghold, and i don't care about it.
The very few NPCs and characters who openly admitted of being gay in my playthrough claimed of becoming such because of the lack of women on the prison island (i don't know why they don't just rape all the big titted succubi, harpies, vampires, sirens and slime girls though) or as an act of pure spite for the 3DPDs who wronged them.
That is especially true for the orcs; in their society women are super privileged due to the fact that there are very few of them.
Until they give birth to two daughters, their husbands or male relatives will be sent to jail in their place no matter their crimes.
They take advantage of it, while the males are brainwashed by society to be perfect husbands only to be used and abused.
One of the orcs i recruited was sent to the island 7 years prior because his shitty wife wanted to play Mulan and join the military while disguised as a man.
Later said wife shows up on the island to "rescue" him, he tells her to fuck off, that she's on her own from now on, and that she will have to make friends (aka whore herself out) if she wants to survive.

We live in an age in which one guy who draws gay muscular men makes better RPGs than the entire team of cucks and feminazis of Pathfinder - the aforementioned orc wife has basically the same personality of the female barbarian of that game, but here she is treated by everyone with the contempt she deserves.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:30 pm

You mean Pathfinder the tabletop game or the video game? Still better either way.
And that female barbarian was one of Pathfinder's "iconic" characters, a thing they borrowed from 3.X (like pretty much everything else) where each class* gets an example character to act as a PC stand-in / recurring character for art, rules examples and merch. Why they picked her of all people, I have no idea - especially since they also had a sexy sorceress, and for more diversity they also have a black paladin lady and a cleric lady in arabic gear.

The funny thing with the Pathfinder iconics is that the three main martial iconics all have a very questionable/gimmicky build: the Fighter focuses on Two-Weapon Fighting (very Feat and DEX intensive for anyone who's not a Ranger), the Ranger uses crossbows (because he's a dwarf and dwarves use crossbows; never mind that he has to waste a Feat / Ranger combat style choice for quick reloading just so he can shoot that fucker like a normal bow), and the above Barbarian has an oversized bastard sword because of some tragic backstory involving ice giants and shit (not only does she have a -2 hit penalty because the weapon is oversized, but she also has to waste a Feat so she can wield normal bastard swords with one hand, which is what allows her to wield oversized bastard swords with two hands to begin with; all this so she can deal +2 damage on average over a normal Greatsword, which is an overall worse hit/damage tradeoff than Power Attack).

*) 3.X actually had two iconic Fighters, because the leaders of WotC demanded a human Fighter in addition to the dwarven one. Artists didn't like the human one, so there's a lot of art of him getting his ass kicked (which is admittedly pretty true of the 3.X Fighter experience).
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:34 am

God, Amiri does suck balls in PF Kingmaker. Good luck trying to keep her alive in Hard difficulty, and she's completely unplayable on Unfair. Not only she has all the flaws you listed above, they also picked the generic barbarian subclass for her. The only way to try and mechanically fix her is using the Vivisector alchemist subclass for that free Mutagen bonus to physical stats, then have Jubilost babysit her with defensive buffs like Shield, Barkskin and Displacement for the entire game. Or put her behind the true tanks of the game (Regongar and any other magus/kinetic knight you have), give her a polearm, and let she whack enemies for 6ft away.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:00 am

I've heard a lot of shit about Pathfinder Kingmaker, almost all of it negative. I'm sure I'll play it eventually because I have to play every D&D based vidya gaem, but I doubt I'll enjoy it.
RAPEMAN wrote: