What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:42 pm

Especially if you're a bear or similar creature. A Full Attack with 2 claws and 1 bite is just plain better than the abortion that is Iterative Attacks (which I'm pretty sure was just one of those 3.X inventions that served to nerf Fighters, since they never had to worry abotu diminishing attack bonuses or Full-Round Action shenanigans before).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Diminishing attacks? What, do they work up a resistance to axe strikes?
"The first few chops really hurt bad but you get used to it."
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:36 pm

Iterative Attacks are done with a cumulative -5 penalty to your hit rolls for every hit after the first, so good luck hitting anything appropriate to your level past the second hit.

Monsters on the other hand use an entirely different system (unless they can also wield weapon), wherein Full Attacks grant them one attack per natural weapon, and every attack uses either their full attack bonus, or get a -5 penalty if they're consideredn "secondary" natural weapons (usually bites unless bites are all you can do).

So you end up with situations where a Fighter needs to reach level 11 to be able to attack as often as a bear, and even then the bear has the more consistent attack bonuses.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:37 pm

That's just as dumb. One would think a hit opponent is easier to get followup hits on.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:35 am

Meanwhile the wizard just do some rule abusing shenanigans to get Divine Power into their spell list (Arcane Disciple feat to grab the Strength domain), they can not only attack as often as the Fighter, but they can also bypass armor with the Wraithstrike spell. And he can learn to wield any weapon on the fly with the Heroics spell. All these spells can, by the way, be shared with his familiar, for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:36 pm
So you end up with situations where a Fighter needs to reach level 11 to be able to attack as often as a bear, and even then the bear has the more consistent attack bonuses.
Which is why druids boast that they have single class features that are better than entire classes :lol:. Who needs a dumb fighter when you can have beefed-up bear that you can also buff for free with your own personal buffs spells? Oh, the barbarian likes to charge? How cute, let my leopard show you how it is done - FIVE attacks after charging, plus rake damage if at least two claw attacks hit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:49 am

I have won every single season so far except for one and J was seriously drunk for a race in that one. Thats no fun and not the point of the game either.

Simultaneously, I felt held back by the automatic transmission in the Super Ute class especially.
So I am switching to manual shift now and after the next season, after getting used to that, will bump up the AI difficulty.

See, if you start a new class, you're not supposed to win. You are signed with a team that has lower goals, like get 7th in drivers and 8th in team placing.
If you do well, a better team will offer you a place. Maybe even Ravenwest.
They not only offer full tuning capabilities but also have their cars upgraded and the best drivers. That comes at the cost of them having the highest expectations but they are practically the end game for any given event.

If you drive for any other team, even in Touring where most base cars are equal, they will have superior upgrades. Meaning they are just plain better. Because you aren't even meant to beat them.

The fact that I do, because their qualifying times are easy to beat, is a sign the difficulty is set too low.
I don't even get anything for exceeding a team's expectations. I do get an extra award for winning with Ravenwest, though.

So the goal is clear. Finish an event fulfilling whatever your team wants from you, get an offer by Ravenwest, win the event again in a superior car.
Otherwise, some other company might be equally as competitive but offer more XP.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:22 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:35 am
Meanwhile the wizard just do some rule abusing shenanigans to get Divine Power into their spell list (Arcane Disciple feat to grab the Strength domain), they can not only attack as often as the Fighter, but they can also bypass armor with the Wraithstrike spell. And he can learn to wield any weapon on the fly with the Heroics spell. All these spells can, by the way, be shared with his familiar, for free.
Wizards don't need to lower themselves to Fighter standards. Sure, the can easily prove that they can chop off more HP, but who needs to do that if you have a whole catalogue of save-or-die spells?
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:31 pm

It's polite to use a save-or-suck spell and let the fighter coup-de-grace the stricken enemy. So his player doesn't feel totally useless.

ymmy

Post by ymmy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Just finished Judgement on the PS5. I've been fascinated by modern Japanese culture for ages, and the graphics on the PS5 are so life-like that I feel like I am walking the streets of Tokyo. Retro Bowl College is highly addictive and highly recommended as well.
Last edited by ymmy on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:22 am

Asphalt 9 still.
Got luxury problems of being short on credits because I unlock so many cars.
I'm also leaving whale niggers in the dust in multiplayer, finishing with a 4 second lead pretty drunk in a 1600 point car over their retarded asses in 2700 point cars.
For context, that's absolutely outrageous. 1000 is just about the minimum points and 4000 just about the max. A 1k difference should be absolutely impossible to overcome. If the roles were reversed I'd lose them in 15 seconds to the point that they wouldn't even see me anymore.

Problem of them is that they are mislead by the game being ultra arcade. But basic racing shit like racing lines still apply and they have no clue.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!