What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:26 am
I think they switched their target audiences to the most brain dead of casual gamers.
Yeah, I think they're targeting markets that just don't know any better. People who don't play any other video game and aren't familiar with what's customary in the market. Sort of like mobile gamers. They don't realize how bad they're being ripped off because they don't know anything about the rest of gaming.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:14 am

The gatchashit is more aimed to the hardcore FIFA crowd. Unless you play online, there's zero point to those gambling cards and nobody plays FIFA online casually. That's for couch players. Online you'll get destroyed 15:0 by some 13yr old Spanish kid.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:35 pm

I know Need for Greed and Forza Horizon both had gatcha systems. No idea how that affected the balance of online matches but I would assume it was intended to have some effect. Isn't that why they put that shit in? To force you to pay real money so you can get wins online as a total scrub?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:31 pm

Nope. It's the Asscreed model where they put grinding in the single player and demand money for a normal experience.
Forza did have quite some pay to win, though.

FIFA is still the worst offender. It's straight up, mobile level gatchashit online - in a console game targeting a hardcore market.
It's what got Andrew Wilson the CEO position at EA. No hyperbole at all, no speculation.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:27 am

>Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix on Steam

Yes...

>all DLC from the Switch included, with a new song bundle of 70+ songs for both versions

Yes...

>option to turn off the forced cel-shading from the Switch version to get the authentic Project Diva arcade experience

Yeeeeeeesss...

>still no songs that have so far been exclusive to Project Diva X

God fucking dammit.

>the weird "Unlock EVERYTHING" DLC from the Switch version is included in the "VIP Edition"

Whoever came up with that shit, anyways? What are you even supposed to do with the in-game currency you're earning if you have nothing to spend it on?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:20 am

Imagine you're getting rich.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:31 am

Getting rich by exploiting underage girls, just as the japanese idol producers do.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:24 pm

There's not really much exploiting you can do since they retired the Diva Room feature (where you could give your favorite Vocaloid headpats and watch her while she's sleeping).

And I like to dress up Miku and Rin in swimsuits as much as the next guy, but it is a shallow joy if you just give me those swimsuits free of charge. They have always been at least twice as expensive as any other kind of costume. They are a privilege to be earned.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:08 am

I'm posting this just too see if Voice will bitch about the designs not being accurate enough again.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:27 am

That art style looks worse than the official games (which are made by a guy who can't actually draw).
That's a pretty shamefur dispray in the world of touhou fan games.
-Yours Truly