What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:33 pm

TerraTech is some kind of almost Lego-like open world vehicle combat thing (I guess like a less autistic From The Depths), but I doubt the missions will sate your hunger. They just don't make that stuff like they used to.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:38 pm

Complicity wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 pm
because it's a jap roguelike.
Roguelite ≠ Roguelike

Roguelite ≠ Roguelike

Roguelite ≠ Roguelike

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:09 pm

If it's not made out of ASCII characters or Baby's First Tileset (tm), you can bet it's watered down wannabe roguetrash.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:33 pm
TerraTech is some kind of almost Lego-like open world vehicle combat thing (I guess like a less autistic From The Depths), but I doubt the missions will sate your hunger. They just don't make that stuff like they used to.
Yeah, I remember a time when single player vehicle games were very common. Armored Core, Ace Combat, Freespace, Panzer Front, Mechwarrior, MechAssault, all the Gundam ps2 games, Zone of the Enders... Shit was downright mainstream. Ps1 era all the way up to around early ps3 era, you could find dope vehicle games. Flying an apache helicopter, a war mech or a hovercraft, same shit really. Basically just games where you could blow a lot of shit up and feel like a big rough manly man. :lol:

EDF games kinda scratch the same itch, but they aren't even remotely tactical or sim-like. Ace Combat was simcade but EDF is pure arcade.

>roguelite vehicle games

Bleugh. Yeah, I know about a few of those. That's pretty much the only place I can find vehicle games. There's a 6dof one called Sublevel Zero Redux, and another known as Everspace. I tried Everspace and it was mediocre at best. The world looks beautiful but feels very shallow. Sublevel Zero I haven't played. Oh yeah, and there's that Ace Combat -inspired one called Sky Rogue. Didn't play that either. But again, no single-player campaign. In a roguelite, there's no gradual unlocking of new vehicles or weapons in a way that's congruent with the story and campaign progression, such as a tank game where you don't unlock the Panther until after your squad is issued one, or an Ace Combat game where you begin in shitty Phantoms (because Strangereal loves Jap planes,) upgrade to Strike Eagles in midgame and go fully speculative cyberplane by the endgame.. A roguelite game can only issue its vehicles or weapon module unlocks via some arbitrary grinding system, usually x number of deaths, beat the game x times or complete x retarded secret hunt.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:35 pm

Starting my 100% achievement run of Kingdom Come Deliverance. Getting the virgin achievement should come naturally since I post on DHI, killing no one might be tricker...this ain't Deus Ex.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:10 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:36 am
I love how assblasted the smoking 2D waifu being based on a real 3DPD made people
Eww.
Does some plastic gookess really count as a real person?
They got the guy who did art for the Magna Carta games to do designs according to Niggerpedia. He not draw women and effeminate men good enough?
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:27 am

ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:10 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:36 am
I love how assblasted the smoking 2D waifu being based on a real 3DPD made people
Eww.
They got the guy who did art for the Magna Carta games to do designs according to Niggerpedia. He not draw women and effeminate men good enough?
I’ll acknowledge an attractive synthetic woman before I give a fugly sweet baby inc consultant the time of day. :lol:
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:51 am

ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:10 am
This was all an elaborate bait for the baka gaijin.
Or some autism regarding hyper-realistic graphics. They would've never scanned in a 3DPD if the game looked like one of the Atelier games, for example.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 pm

I am now compiling a list of all single player, campaign vehicle games I can find, anywhere. The gold standard for these (what I am looking for) are titles like Ace Combat 4, Armored Core 3, Mechwarrior 3, Freespace 2 and Colony Wars. Games that take you through a single player campaign, typically in simcade style, where you play as a soldier fighting in a larger war. You might be the most effective soldier ever (because the AI are retarded,) but you're still just one guy.

So anyway, here is the list I have so far:
SpoilerShow
Ace Combat (Series)
Dropship: United Peace Force
Battle Engine Aquila
Descent: Freespace
Freespace 2
MSG: Zeonic Front
MSG: The Ace Pilot
Secret Weapons Over Normandy
Airforce Delta Strike
Armored Core (Series)
Gungriffon (Series)
Panzer Front (Series)
Hawx
Seek and Destroy
Blazing Angels 2
Heatseeker
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (Series)
X-Wing (Series)
Wing Commander (Series)
Heroes of the Pacific
Rebel Raiders
Project Wingman
Strike Suit Zero
Sidewinder
Over G Fighters
Fireblade
Air Missions: HIND
Apache Air Assault
Gunmetal
Mechwarrior (Series)
BattleTanx
Il-2 Sturmovik
Brigador
Soviet Strike/Nuclear Strike
Thunderhawk: Operation Phoenix
Crimson Skies
EarthSiege 2
Heavy Gear (Series)
COLONY WARS (Series)
Starlancer
Not included is anything with roguelike elements, any arena MP games (having friends is not the DHI way) or any title with always-online, games-as-service bullshit. So no World of Tanks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:08 pm

You forgot Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match.
And would you count bullet hells with weapon customization, or would that veer too close into shmup territory?
-Yours Truly