MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: MonHun

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:00 pm

I don't remember exactly which hyper hunts I have open now, but I know I have some. All I need are some of the basic hyper parts and I can improve my weapons by a ton. I'll probably grab whichever hunts are available.

Turned out I still had another star setting of quests to do in the village, even though they ran the credits. :lol: So I get to fight deviljho, GokuMonkey and the other lategame monsters.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:23 pm

I'm assuming you know of kiranico.
There are some quests that will yield some basic hyper parts even for non-hyper hunts, if I remember correctly.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Man, I'm rusty! I foolishly tried a 7 star Shiggy Mah Diggy key quest. Got rolled.
I guess I'll try something easier until I'm back in the groove.
I'm seven quests away from G Rank and none of them are easy.
Still, I'll likely go and try the Gammoth and Zamtrios dual hunt. At least those I know very well still. My armour isn't really good for ice monsters but it should be manageable.

Never mind. It's weak against water, not ice. Should be fine.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Worked out well. Full Glavenus set including weapon. I accidentally killed the Zamtrios, the Gammoth was my largest one yet, gold crown!

Taking a fire elemental vial CB is almost cheating against them. Both are large targets and get hit by the vials a lot and thus flinch often whenever their ice and snow armour breaks off.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:09 pm

I love fighting Gammoth. He's not a sleeper fight like some of the largest monsters, but he's not too oppressive either. Overall a really fun monster. He has a lot of stun conditions/parts detructions and phases, which I'm always a fan of. The new monsters for Gen are great all around, really.

Zamtrios is fine but not my favorite. I like his blob form a lot but I despise monsters that go randomly invulnerable whenever they want. This includes flying around, burrowing etc. Zamtrios doesn't do this as much as the other annoying asshole monsters but he can still chain ice dive to waste your time.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Hey, at least it's head is low so that should be good for you.
I'll attempt Shiggy again tomorrow. The last cart I was doing better than the two before but I was too rusty and had to think too much about my inputs.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Oh yeah, with some monsters I don't bother with hammer because they stand so fucking tall. Lavasioth and Plesioth are good examples. I think you can technically hit the head if you position just right, but only with certain attacks. Easier to use longsword for those guys and the Raths. I wouldn't even try to hunt Kushala Daora with a hammer. It's not so much about difficulty as convenience. I prefer to wrap up my hunts inside 20 minutes. Win or lose.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Kushala I'm going gunner. Fuck running after the guy for 90% of the hunt! A nice stack of pierce ammo, spares and combo books to make more and he's a ten minute affair if I have my shit together, plus a few of running after him regardless when he leaves the area.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Hunted Rajang and Deviljo today. I forgot how to fight him. Literally the last time I fought that monster was in 2nd gen and I used Gunner there because some monsters were too jank in 2nd Gen for melee. Longsword was only barely fast enough to follow him in this hunt. Not understanding how to fight his different forms made him harder than he needed to be.

Deviljo was just a dick. Stupid pickle. Should have used greatsword instead of trying to use HAMMER. Fuck! I thought he would be close enough to the ground for it. Nope. His fight was more frustrating than Rajang but much less punishing of mistakes. I carted twice to Rajang and once to Deviljo. Deviljo got me by spamming grab. Rajang was just too fast and doing rage damage.

I'm sure I'll get better against them with practice, but I don't think I'll be farming any gear off either.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:15 pm

It's the other way around for me. Rajang hits hard but both with GL and CB his shit is relatively easy to block.
Still too annoying to grind, though.

Deviljo just wrecks me. I was never any good against him in any gen. I haven't tried gunning him yet but he'd likely just end up knocking me out even faster.
I don't have a gunner set even remotely reasonable for that level of monster anyway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!