MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: MonHun

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Deviljo seems to be weakest in rage and strongest when hungry. I think that's his whole gimmick. I mean, his damage in rage is still bullshit-high, but the attacks themselves are slow and leave him open. He kept trying to stomp me or use godzilla breathe and failing miserably. It's when he's out of rage he does all the annoying plesioth tail swipes and unga bunga hipchecks. The bite move and grab he spams when hungry are both super dangerous.

Flash bombs and tainted meat are always good for hunts where I'm unsure of the monster's tempo.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:27 pm

The meats are items I don't use often enough. Same with bombs, really.
One thing I considered and regret not using for Shiggy are smoke bombs. I'll make a habit of just taking them with me and use them to see how effective they really are. I'm fairly sure I've only ever used one in my entire MonHun career.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:15 pm

I never remember to use meat except with Tigrex. That fucker is so easy to bait with meat and it bodies him harder than flash bombs or traps. I think it's also always worth it to fight a new monster or one you're rusty on in Low Rank first. Sometimes the supply items can give you a little hint about what kinds of attacks to watch out for or what items you might want to bring. I know the Tigrex lowrank hunts load you up with meat.

The best way to use meat (the only way really) is when the monster is exhausted. Otherwise, they won't go for it. But I've found that how quickly they take it seems to vary by monster appetite. And some exhausted monsters still want to fight or run away rather than eat.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Did some arena hunts (not the 1vs1 naked ones). I usually never bother with these because they're not required. But the Arena is pretty cool as a map. Monsters can't flee no matter how tired they are. They also can't really waste your time. The scattered items are fun to use. Firing a ballista into a motherfucker's face doesn't get old. The gates are neat as a way to separate monsters so you can finish killing one. I did those "hunt five of these monsters" hunts at the arena. The monsters trickle in 2 at a time, so there's a strategic element in identifying the most obnoxious/bullshitty monster and killing it first. Or maybe you want to ignore the bullshitty monster and kill the easy one first so you can 1vs1 the annoying guy before the next monster spawns in. I don't recommend that approach, but you can do it.

Supply drops also become more relevant when fighting five monsters instead of the normal one.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Famously, to unlock the best hunter skill for SS you need to defeat a hyper Golden Rathian and a hyper Silver Rathalos in the arena.
It's the most bullshit difficult quest in MonHun outside of Frontier.

I once tried the quest with the regular silver and gold ones and it's insane. Good luck ever separating them.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:35 am

So what's the MonHun game you have the most hours in, lads? Would you say it's 3U for you, Kugel? I'm not sure at this point if I have more hours in Freedom Unite or Gen Ultimate. I don't think I quite hit g-rank in freedom unite. Well... I probably still have twice the hours in FU, considering I had a female and a male character.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 pm

3U very likely. Unless you count X and XX as combined, then it'd be close at least.
I,'ll see if my 3DS still turns on to check.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:39 pm

Tried doing the 3 mizu high rank event quest. I would have been able to complete it, except I was running GS and literally too fucking slow to catch the bastards. I was on the last one when time ran out. My palicoes also refused to use any traps despite me giving them trap abilities. Yes, I'm salty.

I've been doing a lot of hyper hunts for parts. The early hyper monsters aren't too different from normal ones. Hyper Ludroth is a good example. Pretty much a normal Royal Ludroth who deals higher damage sometimes. I'm going to hate doing Hyper Yian Garuga though. I fucking hate how buffed 5th Gen made Garuga. He used to be a stronger kut-ku variant. Now he's a poisonous Rath on crack.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:59 pm

Hyper Khezu is one of the worst offenders. Normally a very easy monster, he's super buffed. He does the full cover electric field all the time* and it's area is larger. You can't run in after it for a hit if it wants to repeat it and it hurts like a motherfuckers.

*I had the prick do it 8 times in a fucking row once. I literally just walked off, drank a warm drink, sharpened my weapon and then just stood there, ten metres or so away. No idea why he used a close distance move without pause.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Khezu does as he pleases.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette