MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: MonHun

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:53 am

He ragequit the demo and was just sperging out hard for 20 minutes at the end of his stream, screaming about how the game was outdated.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:26 am

Doesn't hold his hand enough, despite having had streamlined the shit out of it.
He really should stick to mobile where the only challenge is spending more money.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:56 am

The truly shameful thing about the whole debacle is I watched the demo gameplay and I saw that it still has a ton of convenience features from World. Shit that I would honestly turn off (if possible), like items auto-combining when you pick them up and the random stun frogs/healing bugs and shit in the world map. The mizu fight seemed like the easiest mizu fight ever because of all those extra bonuses + the doggo, zip wire and a palico too.

There was nothing hard about that fight and he still cocked it up. I thought he for sure would at least kill the Mizu after carting twice. It was almost dead! But he got hit by every single fucking bubble. He was using sword and shield, so he doesn't even have the excuse of needing to sheath to heal.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:51 am

Rise seems to be in this odd place in difficulty.
If you get hit in the demo, it usually hurts quite a bit. It's also generally at a faster pace than old MonHun.
Once you get used to that, it evens out.

Then you start using all the free damage that is just lying around on the map and shit gets piss easy. Not as in hunting an early high tank monster with your top high rank gear kinda easy. More hunting a low rank monster in early G rank gear because you need a low rank part this isn't even fun anymore kinda easy.

I guess it appears fair to just claim you don't have to use the free buffs. The problem is that the "end game" will get balanced around people abusing every little bonus shit on the map.
Just like with World, you'll just have "master" rank "always pissed off, never flinching, hyperactive ultra Rajang who's mother you insulted" thrown at you that you absolutely have to cheese.

Sorry, I don't like that. I like perfectly partying a Hyper Glavenus that can two shot me but rewards reading it's moves.

I might get Rise later on. Might not. I'll wait and see if they fuck it up like they did World. I skipped Iceborn and I'll skip Rise if it's crap.
Going forward, newer MonHun games might just be dead for me.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:29 am

I just hope they make a Monster Hunter XXX (Sexy Edition).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 am
How very unsurprising. Pattern recognition is possibly what he's worst at. I have no idea how he ever got somewhat competent at Turbo but that ability is completely gone.
Dude just refuses to learn. He always tries to brute-force shit and gets pissed if it doesn't work yet again.
His Turbo training probably happened before his ego took over his brain.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Played the updated demo of Rise just now. They just added the flagship monster so sadly not a different map.
It's a catastrophe. Being super used to GenU, it's just too different.

I'm already annoyed by the little buff bird idea. Want a full health and stamina bar? Traverse the whole map and do busy work. No thanks.

I honestly don't get the concept of the design as a whole.
So you want to streamline the game. Less time spent gathering, less time spent crafting, no more cool drinks because people tended to forget them, that kinda shit, right?

But then you make me run around the entire fucking map for shit a meal before the hunt or a steak and a potion did in previous games.
You give me free fire bombs or a trap but I have to climb around five minutes for them instead of me just making and taking them with me before the hunt.
You remove cool and hot drinks because people forgot them...but you can just warp to camp at any time and access your full inventory from there so you never have to quit a hunt if you forgot or ran out of something anyway.
I have more mobility but so do the monsters.

What is the fucking point of all that? It's not less tedious, it's not really easier, it's just different and I don't like it.

The map doesn't have zones. Okay, cool. I don't miss getting zoned because the monster loves to stand right at the border and hits or causes me to roll out of it.
In exchange the maps are fucking tiny areas. No more epic map that spans kilometres from the jungle at the foot of a volcano to the fiery inside of it.

More hit effects, guard points don't spark anymore and stun damage to the head doesn't give a satisfying ding sound anymore.
CB shield charges a bit quicker but runs out faster.
I can walk while healing but it takes longer and the monster is faster.

One step forward, one step back. Everything is different for no good reason! Why does the left trigger behave like the left bumper now but the right trigger and bumper are still the same?
If I switch the right shoulder buttons to act like they do in GU, those are switched but don't work the same.
Right trigger was running when the weapon is sheathed, blocking with it ready, right trigger plus X&A was readying my weapon.
Do you have any fucking idea how often I unsheathed my weapon when I wanted to run? How often I aimed the bug wire when I wanted to scroll through my inventory? How often I accidentally used the quick use menus when I wanted to access the inventory but use the stick to keep the camera on the monster?
What is the benefit of the right trigger directly drawing into what X&A plus it used to do? It just makes it so I have yo use the bumper to run.

Why does the inventory auto sort? Start, A, X, A, B, B is fifteen years of muscle memory for me. Start A now doesn't even open the inventory by default and it's on the wrong side of the screen as well!

It takes me three full days just to stop pressing the wrong buttons and then I'm left with a game that is very different but not better in any way at all.

I'll stop myself here but I could easily go on for another hour or two.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Face it, gamer: MonHun was ruined the moment they removed zones.
All those other changes strike me of Square-Enixian "We have to change this for the sake of changing it" syndrome.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:01 pm

Yup, that's pretty much it. It's frustrating.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:07 pm
all that shit
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:31 pm

You don't play Monster Hunter in the first place so why should I care?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!