SJW Indie shit

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: SJW Indie shit

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:23 pm

The only good romance RPGs are JRPGs where the waifus keep getting raped by monsters and/or fucked by the male protagonist.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:13 pm

There are no good JRPGs.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:19 am

Final Fantasy Tactics. FFV. FFII. Meme Trigger. Soycuck of Mana. Illusion of Gay-uh. And let's not forget Super Shell Monster Story 2.
SpoilerShow
No but seriously, Shin Megami Tensei are basically jrpg for people who don't like jrpg bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:19 am

Never figured out if Bioware pioneered this romance shit, or if they just made it more obnoxious so that it was the first time I actively noticed it.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:35 am

Japan did it first, but they usually center the entire game around.

And FFV is by far the best in the franchise. SaGa can also be pretty kino if you're into something more conventional, and Phantasy Star also has some klessiks.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:19 am
SpoilerShow
No but seriously, Shin Megami Tensei are basically jrpg for people who don't like jrpg bullshit.
SpoilerShow
If you don't count the modern shit that got ruined by Nusona.
Also goddammit, there really is no quality control left on this planet.

Smash MAGA! Trump Zombie Apocalypse

An Antifa propaganda thing That combines Covid, Trump, the Capitol Hill and the BLM riots into one package. Guess which of these events is painted as a good thing?
Oh, it's also bashing white people while being developed by two white people, of course.
It looks like ass, has stolen most assets from Google image searches, and runs like absolute ass because programming is hard. But it's all about the message, right?
Much like Assigned Male, this games assumes you're already on board with the message, so anyone less extremist will likely feel disgusted by the alien and inhumane morality, the blatant hypocrisy and fucked-up world view.

This hidden game is - of course - available on itch.io (where nobody seems to care, funnily enough) and - for some reason - on Steam (where the based comment section is taking the piss out of it).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:49 am

Newhalf wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:19 am
Never figured out if Bioware pioneered this romance shit, or if they just made it more obnoxious so that it was the first time I actively noticed it.
You can blame them, yes. Baldur's Gate 2 released in 2000. I'm don't know of any RPG with a primary romance focus that was popular with the english-speaking world that can be dated before then. Dragon Quest V had player marriage as part of its story, but that game was not available in English officially until the DS.

Baldur's Gate 2 has all the tropes, too:

-choices of annoying waifus is based on extreme personality types, ranging from Supremely Demure to Aggressively Sexual
-waifus constantly vomit text at you and fawn over your player character
-all waifus want to fuck you and you have to explicitly tell them "no" or trigger a conflict with another waifu
-despite wanting to fuck you for the entire game, they almost never actually do and never show anything

The Enhanced Edition added in even more waifus and husbandos, but made sure to make the writing even fucking worse and more annoying, to the point that one of the gay husbandos, if he's in your party in BG2, has a broken flag. What this means is that he never takes "no" for an answer and is constantly asking you to fuck. No matter what you say, he still wants to fuck and constantly brings it up. There's no way to set the flag to not be that way. You can't be friends with him. You can't tell him to never ask again. So if you are mashing the confirm button, and he suddenly asks to smash, then the game supposedly will autofuck before you know what happened. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of the nu-Beamdog content is shit too. The new characters never shut the fuck up and their writing, as mentioned, is horrific. Especially Neera, who was written to sound like a bargain basement Woss Jhedon protagonist.

Waifu stuff in weebshit is usually more about sex or innuendo. Like with the Ar Tonelico games. Unless we're talking about harvest moon I guess, which is its own thing. The (((romance))) meme in video games is 100% the product of Bioware.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:54 am

And then Paizo, in their infinite wisdom, ported that shit back into the tabletop world.

(It basically boils down to anyone who's not a Charisma-focused character having no chance of ever getting laid, and you can win over the heart of any woman of color by throwing slurs at her.)
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:58 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:35 am
SaGa can also be pretty kino if you're into something more conventional
Eh. I wouldn't recommend people without tolerance for bullshit to play SaGa. Depending on the game you pick, the process of learning how to do anything can feel insurmountable and needlessly obnoxious. Romancing Saga 2, for example. :lol: That game is complete horseshit at times.

SaGa plays around with jrpg genre tropes, but it's not (imo) a radical deconstruction of the genre. Fundamentally, you still fight random/semirandom battles to get stronger, explore dungeons, travel a world map (sometimes), experience a story about saving the world, recruit allies and learn new skills from combat. It does have way less filler dialogue than a modern jrpg.
(It basically boils down to anyone who's not a Charisma-focused character having no chance of ever getting laid, and you can win over the heart of any woman of color by throwing slurs at her.)
I can't even remember if charisma does anything with the romance options in BG2. I just remember all those bitches jumping on my dick constantly and catfighting. When the practical result of that is endless dialogue boxes where they vomit paragraphs of 8-point font, cringe dialogue, it gets old fast. I know that certain races can't be romanced though, so maybe play a Gnome if you ever boot up Baldur's Gate 2. I think that will lock you out of all the romances. Better yet, play a Dwarf because Dwarves are fucking badass in BG.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:14 am

This is what makes it extra funny. Charisma doesn't matter in the video games because there romance is pure "roleplaying".
Now in Pathfinder - where any sort of romance has always been roleplaying - the autists over at Paizo decided to "codify" romancing with skill checks, which is why Fighters will never get laid because CHA is their dump stat and they barely get any skill ranks.

I assume they did this because Pathfinder is a 3.5 for (and 3.5 needed rules for everything). And if it has rules attached to it, you can also print Feats, Spells and Archetypes surrounding the rules.

(No idea if there has ever been romance class Archetypes, though.)
-Yours Truly

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:20 am

CHA doesn't seem to play into it, I think it's mostly dialog options and whether you do the companion’s homework quests.
Alignment might also have something to do with it.
Look here look listen I never paid too much attention to it but it seems overall less complex than trying to date FF7 Barret in the Gold Saucer instead of hoe 1 or hoe 2, or getting nekkid girls trading cards in fricking Witcher 1.
It's a trap!