Modern Capeshit Gayming - the most AMAZING experience for cumguzzlers everywhere

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Modern Capeshit Gayming - the most AMAZING experience for cumguzzlers everywhere

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:47 am

That's the thing. If you don't want to be judged by the standard the IP has set, don't use it.
That bar is fucking low as well. 3 was unfinished as fuck and 4 was goofy shit barely related to the rest of the series.

Plus the easiest lesson ever: A Saint's Row without Johnny Gat is fucking garbage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Re: Modern Capeshit Gayming - the most AMAZING experience for cumguzzlers everywhere

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 am

Saints Row 1 was supposedly fun but limited (didn't play it)
Saints Row 2 was excellent and the reason people know this franchise exists in the first place
Saints Row 3 was fun but flawed
Saints Row 4 was an asset flip of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (again)
Gat Out of Hell was a standalone dlc that sucked shit and nobody likes

So that's one, maybe two good games in an entire franchise. SR4 doesn't feel like saint's row at all. The gameplay is a ripoff of Hulk and the assets are a straight flip of SR3.

I don't care about Freckle Bitch's. What I care about is I see signs of a dev shitting on what THEY built. You guys were the ones who made Saint's Row an edgy psycho comedy! You can't walk that shit back now. If you remove the comedy then all you have left is gameplay, and I don't trust a modern game dev to make good gameplay.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 am

SR1 was a massive success and despite being kinda generic it was better than GTA4.
2 was perfect. Good story, good gameplay, good missions and good music.
3 had some good details, like the fighting styles, and pulling off a running DDT on some random pedestrian to just Rick Flair walk over him is hilarious but half the story missions in you are still doing tutoru missions and the suddenly you're done. Also no Gat, besides the opening.
It's obvious they didn't finish the game. At all. Parts of it were it most wasn't.

4 is a spinoff at best.

In honour of Saints Row and the 3rd Street Saints to commemorate the death of the franchise, get a 40 and pour some to this:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:57 am

>SR1 better than SlavShit 4

Yeah, no shit, every game shines in comparion with Hej Niko, let's go bowling 4
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:32 am

You say that but at the time it was refreshing to have any competition to GTA at all.
SR1 hadn't found it's own identity by then but it was promising.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 am

I still like GTA IV in spite of itself, and I was one of those who initially thought the game looked like shit. I played it probably a decade after it launched and I had fun. Good game? Nah. The 3d GTA games were still the best. But it did some interesting things with world building and story. As much as I don't like walking sims, it was probably the closest thing to a "good" (massive airquotes) walking sim. Some of the stories and acting are top notch. Also really like Niko as a character. Even in the 3d GTA games, many of the protagonists were generic shitters. Vice City and GTA IV are probably the only GTA games with good protagonists. Unless you count the jew from the biker DLC. That DLC was unironically excellent btw. Better than GTA IV's main game. Ballad of Gay Tony had good gameplay (well, better than vanilla) but a worthless story.

GTA V being so trash definitely inclines me to be more forgiving of GTA IV. I really cannot stand anything about GTA V, but especially its LOLSORANDUM south park humor. Fucking hate every protagonist of V.

Saints Row 3 I didn't enjoy at all until I unlocked some of the vehicles later in the game. The game felt too arcadey compared to SR2... But as I said, eventually I unlocked a personal VTOL and I embraced the insanity. It was a fun, if shallow experience. I still don't like the town in SR3. Which also means I don't like the one in SR4. There's no sense of a living, breathing world in those two games. SR2 had that (later to be missing) element where everything was wacky, but grounded enough to be somewhat believable. I would spend hours just driving around and making my own fun, which I can't say for any of the modern sandbox games. The more believable the world is, the more fun to fuck around with people in it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:57 am

Let's talk Gat and why he was so important .
He is a lunatic. Dude had a rocket launcher in his trunk. Why? Well, you do and you think nothing of it, do you?
Gat is a player character in the world. He's the only one that truly understands. He breaks the fourth wall without even trying.
He's killed hundreds, and so have you, and it's nothing special. To the others it is, to the judges it is, but you're in on the joke.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:36 am

And then Rockstar had to steal the concept (back) and cock it all up with Trevor. Trevor sounds and acts like a fucking rick and morty character.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:11 am

Gat and Trevor are nothing alike. Surface level, they are. But Trevor takes itself way too seriously - as is the entire game.
Gat doesn't. He just likes to kill fuckers. Just like you. Make the gang stronger and kill fuckers? Deal. That's all he needs to know and that's exactly what you're doing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:07 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:23 am
>insult fans of old IP when trying to sell new version of old IP
>sales and reception are lower than expected
>staff get fired, product is forgotten and people only remember the old, good one

Can't wait for NuSaints Row to be in a bargain bin for $20 before 12 months pass.
SoyRow will make Last of Troons 2 look like a massive success in comparison.
For the most part the latter was hated because of muh Joel, for some reason normalfags had no problems with the shitty gameplay and setting, and they bought the game after Soy Baker told them to ignore le alt-right spoilers.
Literally everyone familiar with Saints Row say that this reboot is garbage.
I don't know how many shills the devs and producers can afford to buy, but the only ones who will buy this turd are freaks like that bearded troon from Twatter, and he will do so just to trigger the magapedes and own the magapedes.