Microshit/Xbone Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Microshit/Xbone Thread

Post by mad bum » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:04 pm

The funny thing is final fantasy 14 really isn't even that good other than it has cat and bunny girls. So all these WOW refugee's are going to be disappointed when they find out it's a baby game for babies.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:21 pm

Don't forget the playable loli and shota race. That ought to be the most popular after the catgirls.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:27 am

Still bafflling to me how the fuck can you pay 70 bln for such shit company.
I'm hoping shit will hit the fan soon, because it's obvious there was some shady shit going on and some creative accounting. MS bought fucking sinking ship, I think jizzard just admitted few days ago that they don't make as much money as they used to and King was only thing that helped them stay afloat, which show how hard they fucked both wow and cod.
Like someone here said, I believe they did ot only so Sony won't have Crash and Spyro. They don't even have that many IPs to make purchase worth that much.
Also, let's not forget that whole lawsuit shitstorm jizzard caused and all of the rape accusations and whatever are also part of the deal and something that will MS pay additionaly. Yeah, great deal.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:12 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:11 am
mad bum wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:08 am
The keyword being DID though, meanwhile blizzact continues to be relevant regardless of what we may think.
Rare was relevant when Microshit bought them.
But Rare didn't really have any IPs worth a shit since all the good stuff they made were Nintendo properties or the genre was irrelevant in 2002 like Killer Instinct, Banjo Kazooie and Battletoads. They bought them solely based on potential for more games like Banjo or Goldeneye which was already a dumb move since Free Radical was formed years before the purchase so the talent drain was already happening.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:57 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:12 am
They bought them solely based on potential for more games like Banjo or Goldeneye
No they bought them so that Nintendo couldn't have them. That's how Bill Gates does business. That's what they've done here as well.

Because Nintendo was a stakeholder in Rare they legally had the right of first refusal in any buyout negotiations i.e if Microsoft made them an offer Nintendo were allowed to buy the remaining shares in Rare and keep ownership of the company if they could match the offer. So what Microsoft did was bid something like $300 million for Rare. While Nintendo probably could have matched that, they weren't going to. Hilariously I don't think Microsoft's purchase of Rare has ever made them back their investment

They've done the same thing here, too. They've bid $70 billion for Activision. There's no way Sony or any of their other competitors are ever going to match that. But, same as Rare, I don't think their $70 billion investment is ever going to pay off for them
Poonoo wrote:
all the good stuff they made were Nintendo properties
The only Nintendo stuff they were in charge of was Donkey Kong, and that in-name only Star Fox game but I wouldn't call that a 'good' game.
Poonoo wrote:
or the genre was irrelevant in 2002 like Banjo Kazooie
The platforming genre wasn't irrelevant in 2002. Rare had just put out, the year previous, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo-Tooie, the latter of which was a big success. Nintendo then put out, that year, Mario Sunshine which was a big success for the Gamecube

The market for those games was there, Microsoft just didn't want to develop them. Remember, they don't actually know shit about the game industry. They just bought their way into it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:09 am

The genre was irrelevant to a company that never quite got consoles.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:49 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:57 am
Poonoo wrote:
They bought them solely based on potential for more games like Banjo or Goldeneye
No they bought them so that Nintendo couldn't have them. That's how Bill Gates does business. That's what they've done here as well.

Because Nintendo was a stakeholder in Rare they legally had the right of first refusal in any buyout negotiations i.e if Microsoft made them an offer Nintendo were allowed to buy the remaining shares in Rare and keep ownership of the company if they could match the offer. So what Microsoft did was bid something like $300 million for Rare. While Nintendo probably could have matched that, they weren't going to. Hilariously I don't think Microsoft's purchase of Rare has ever made them back their investment
While I am sure that was a factor the Xbox did need games and at the time they had a good track record. It was the same reason they bought Bungie when they were making Halo, though the recent Activision deal is 100% to fuck over Sony rather than make a direct profit.
The platforming genre wasn't irrelevant in 2002. Rare had just put out, the year previous, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo-Tooie, the latter of which was a big success. Nintendo then put out, that year, Mario Sunshine which was a big success for the Gamecube

The market for those games was there, Microsoft just didn't want to develop them. Remember, they don't actually know shit about the game industry. They just bought their way into it.
First of all Mario Sunshine didn't do that well for a Mario title, 5 million is nothing to scoff at but Mario titles at that point pushed console sales and considering that Mario 64 sold 11 million, Super Mario World sold 20 million and Mario Galaxy sold 12 million it didn't do so that great by comparison. And even then, you listed N64 games and that was the last time 3D platformers were a big deal, even in 2002 Ratchet and Clank had a lot of shooter elements added to it and a year later Jak and Daxter turned into a GTA clone. The type of platformer Rare were good at making wasn't popular by the time Microsoft bought them and the team members that made shooters like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were at Free Radical.

Also Microsoft did get Blinx: The Time Sweeper made and it didn't do all that well, so they did want to make them but less people cared at that point. Platformers were a late 80s/90s thing.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:47 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:49 am
First of all Mario Sunshine didn't do that well for a Mario title
Because the Gamecube didn't do that well. The best selling Gamecube title was Melee and that only sold 7 million. The install base just wasn't there compared to those other games you mentioned. Mario World and Mario 64 were launch titles, and they were the pack in game, and Mario Galaxy sold much better because everybody went mad for the Wii around 2007.
Poonoo wrote:
And even then, you listed N64 games
Because the end of the N64's life is right around the time Microsoft were buying Rare
Poonoo wrote:
Also Microsoft did get Blinx: The Time Sweeper made and it didn't do all that well
Probably because of lack of promotion and also, from what I understand, it was shit

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:37 pm

New Rock 'n' Roll Racing?
That's an idea they'll never entertain.
But IF they do I might actually hold up hopes again for a new Blackthorne game (or Black Hawk as it was called in Euroland).
They would probably rename it as Black Cawk and update it for "modern sensibilities" tho..
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:14 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:37 pm
They would probably rename it as Black Cawk and update it for "modern sensibilities" tho..
More like an update for your sensibilities.