Microshit/Xbone Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Microshit/Xbone Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:01 pm

Because unlike with movies, you can't have a quasi monopoly with vidya.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:01 pm
How do you figure? One company owns all the studios. I suppose your reasoning is that people can create independent studios, but there are independent film studios too. Doesn't stop Disney, Warner Bros, whoever the fuck else, from having, for all practical purposes, an oligopoly on the industry

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:31 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Except you Can! That's exactly what the Consolefag Wars are all about! If you wanna compare it to Movies each Movie studio had their own exclusive Theaters that would only show the movies they own! if the Studio didn't have one of their theaters near where you lived and you wanted to see, you could always- Go fuck yourself! :mrgreen: Obviously it's why the government had to step in make it so they couldn't own theaters any more!

Now that the mentality has shifted to "iT's a pRivAtE CooMpAnY dAY cAn du WhATeVEr DeY WaNt" (I.e. conSOOMerist
cum-guzzling Bitch Boy Philosophy) They can get away with that and more. It's what their currently doing with streaming series and it's what their doing with Video Games! I should want to buy your console because it provides the best way to enjoy and experience my Games, Not because you have games that I like to play but are held hostage on your piece of shit Brick! And the Moment you bring this up to console fags it sends them into a maddening soy-filled frenzy and lash out at you saying that "y-y-y-your j-just Jealous bro!"

No a Monopoly is not good but it would be better (Key emphasis on the comparison here) then What we have now where instead of trying to better themselves by actually competing against each and provide the best service They each select a choice piece of the pie and Horde it for themselves. If Microsoft where to 'Own the gaming Biz' At least it would be the end of those shitty exclusives that Consolefags prize so much. It be fucking awful and shit, but at least there would be that.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:31 pm
If Microsoft where to 'Own the gaming Biz' At least it would be the end of those shitty exclusives that Consolefags prize so much
Because they'd all be on Xbone (and it would be Xbone, not PC. Because Microshit have got to prop up their dying brand)

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:18 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
How do you figure? One company owns all the studios. I suppose your reasoning is that people can create independent studios, but there are independent film studios too. Doesn't stop Disney, Warner Bros, whoever the fuck else, from having, for all practical purposes, an oligopoly on the industry
An industry you can lock down. You can't do that with PC. What are they going to buy Steam or something?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:24 pm
An industry you can lock down. You can't do that with PC. What are they going to buy Steam or something?
You can and they could

Steam isn't just a marketplace for indieshit devs to peddle their wares, they also sell a lot of AAA dogshit. in fact I'd wager that most of their sales come from AAA dogshit. If Microsoft bought up all the AAA devs, they would effectively control it, even if Gabe and the rest still technically own it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:50 pm

A lot of indieshit devs seem to gravitate towards itch.io, which is even more ass than Steam ever was.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 am

Why won't George die already.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:25 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 am
Why won't George die already.
Because only the good die young