Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:47 pm

There are probably more players for the Gypsy book they once did.

And these supernaturals are pretty much all fucked when they do their stupid animu battles with too many muggles around, even mages (they can't turn a werewolf into a vanity dildo if there are too many witnesses around who plain don't believe that a fictional creature can just turn into a sex toy).
If breaking your masquerade-equivalent doesn't fuck you over itself, then your superiors will. Or whatever mortal enemy your kind has.

To make the comparison between vampires & fire and werewolves & silver even weirder is that WoD werewolves are not affected by silver if they don't go all Altered Beast. It's a fatal weakness they can essentially switch off.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:47 pm
And these supernaturals are pretty much all fucked when they do their stupid animu battles with too many muggles around, even mages
Huh. It's almost as if WOD is shit. 🤔

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:21 pm

I get that impression whenever I hear something about it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:09 pm

It has always been weird shit written by weird people. The entire White Wolf staff has sprung forth from the primordial ooze that would later turn into tumblr and twitter.
Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:01 pm
Huh. It's almost as if WOD is shit. 🤔
It's just the books trying to force the players to conform to the fluff despite their stupid powers.
It's a bit less shit in lines where the supernaturals have access to some special snowflake dimension. Then it basically turns into Madoka Magica*, Tokyo Xanadu or hundreds of other urban fantasy animu.

*) Supported by the fanbase with a splatbook, of course. Which also has a separate fork in case you want a slightly different theme.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:41 am

Man, this is just a sad SJW cash grab.

Gay Realms
CoverShow

>uninspired logo
>uninspired title
>using "Gay Realms" when you could've used "The Faggotten Realms" as a clever reference to a certain D&D campaign setting
>uninspired cover picture that can literally go with any fantasy RPG
The Map of the Gay RealmsShow

How evocative. I guess any fantasy setting can be gay if you color in the various countries and regions with random rainbow colors.
Also not really a fan of this olde-timey font.
Now let me nitpick the short product blurb so you'll be as hooked as I am!
Gay Realms is an LGBTQ+ positive roleplaying game...
How is queer positivity an intrinsic factor of the game and not the people playing the game? Is it because the character sheet has a spot to write down your character's pronouns?
... that uses the popular Micro RPG solo gaming system. It is an ultra-simple roleplaying game rules set that is designed specifically for solo play--but also works well as a co-op game or even a traditional rpg with a game master.
I suppose it's easy being "popular" if your corebook is a "Pay what you want" (aka "free") kind of deal.

"Ultra-simple roleplaying game rules" = "Making rules is hard"
"Designed specifically for solo play" = "It's not like you'll ever play this, anyways"
Take on the role of a lone adventurer, delving into castles & dungeons, killing monsters, gathering gold, and becoming the hero of the realm!
That's your elevator pitch? For as much as I like whining about Thirsty Sword Lesbians and Extreme Meatpunks Forever, at least they went with a premise that is not "Yet another D&D-type of murder hobo thing".
All in short manageable sessions you can play over a lunch break, on a plane, or in a minute of spare time. Find new friends and companions in the world, find romance with your favorite companion, fall in love, and bring justice and equality to the realms!
Why play a solo RPG to maybe hook up with fellow pansexual demi-humans, if you can just write slasfics instead? Seems to be just a bunch of unecessary extra steps.
Oh, and apparently the "Gay Realms" bit is false advertizing, What this blurb is not telling you is that you're some kind of rebel / freedom fighter trying to overthrow the evil queerphobic regime that executes queers.

That last bit is pretty confusing IMO. Either this is a low-effort way to try to attract SJWs without actually knowing what they want, or another bit of hypocrisy.
I mean, how can you be okay with homo- and transphobic villains, while at the same time claiming that the entire concept of slavery is so problematic and unforgivable that it must be erased form every campaign setting that ever was and ever will be?
-Yours Truly

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:50 am

Can you join that regime or do the ultra-simple rules prevent you from being a character you actually would want to play as?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:38 am

Afaik solo rules work with flowcharts, like a sort of Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-game without an actual adventure.
Aka I don't think there's a "Burn the fag" option, but it's probably easily "hackable" (as a current buzzword in the industry goes).
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:49 pm

>starts with yiff-yaff on the cover

Wow, great start.

>gay map having a rainbow explosion including faggot terminology like "glitter" and "sparkle"

Wouldn't it be more believable to have "Fudgepacker Hills" or "Carpetmuncher Islands"? Also, check your cartographer privilege, north-centrist shitlords!
Specifically designed for solo play
Guess they know their demographic as being the outcasts who are banned even from Strixhaven or Unquenched Cutlass Dykes circles. In fact, for whom exactly is this book, for realsies, though? You are telling me you couldn't gay-infuse another generic fantasy setting?
All in short manageable sessions you can play over a lunch break, on a plane, or in a minute of spare time..
...or in your squatted house before the Antifa demonstration, or between gloryhole shifts, the possibilities are endless.
Though I like to imagine the blue-haired sidecut diversity hire in xirs lunchbreak, proudly cracking open the adventure, while every other worker entering the break room leaves akin to the Grampa Simpson scene in the whorehouse :lol:
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:29 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:49 pm
You are telling me you couldn't gay-infuse another generic fantasy setting?
You can do that with any fantasy setting and system, and I dare say that FATAL has the best mechanical support for it :lol:
But that's not enough for these people. It has to be specifically spelled out that the setting is queer up the ass - the more (un-)ironic, the better.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:35 pm

After a bit of digging, because it irked me what the goal of the setting was, and also to see to what degree the writer(s) mental illness has progressed, I found some story nuggets:

https://microrpg.weebly.com/gay-realms.html

Turn out this Fantasia (at least one iota more creative than the Diablo Universe) is the gay central realm of his sick twisted RPG universe (which he will totally publish to completion).

Yep, one singular writer. Writing his solitaire gaytopia, because noone else will play with him. And while I was looking at pretty much deserted social media accounts, this picture on one of his portfolios, while being obviously gay, struck me as a bit too flamboyant, so I ventured up until page 3 of Google!

Unsatisfied, I dug deeper, and wouldn't ya know it, on one of his Kikebook pages he reveals his Troon side, complete with "I suck dicks for 20$ at the local library smugface"
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... .648529073
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow