Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 22, 2023 9:10 pm

They will just come up with a new Chapter.
One full of girls.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 31, 2023 4:05 pm

Hey, look, another attempt at an Age of Sigmar vidja game. Apparently some RTS thingie.

Man, I didn't even know that Sigmarines had knives. Very odd weapon choice for that butch lesbian.
If you think there's something odd about the Greenskins in the trailer, that's 'cause they're Kruelboyz, the only orcs in all of Warhammer that have human proportions. It's certainly odd, but I guess they want to make the game more visually distinct from Total Warhammer, in which case Kruelboyz make sense since they didn't exist in OG Warhammer Fantasy.

Other factions have yet to be revealed, but apparently the game will start out with 4 factions. If that's gonna be 1 faction per Grand Alliance (Order, Chaos, Destruction & Death) I can make some autistic speculations:

Chaos: I'd say the most likely candidates are Khorne and Tzeentch. The latter is probably more likely so there's a wizard-y faction on release, plust AoS Tzeentch makes heavy use of Tzaangors, which like the other Chaos-God-flavored Beastmen have only been an obscure curiosity in old editions.

Death: Nighthaunt (aka ghosts) might make it, but they were already in a previous vidja game. Plus if they want to distance themselves from Total Warhammer I don't think you can get any more AoS undead than with the Bonereapers aka Super Skellymen:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed May 31, 2023 5:36 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:05 pm
butch lesbian.
I thought that was a dude until i heard the voice.
Man, even the ugliest women in Wartales are more feminine (excluding the one in the release trailer).
More shallow, bugged and paywalled crap from Gays Workshop, this will be.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 31, 2023 10:28 pm

Complicity wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:36 pm
I thought that was a dude until i heard the voice.
TBF, that's probably how one of the elusive female Spess Mehrens would actually look like (minus the hair, of course).
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 pm

Age of Shitmar still feels like an elaborate April's Fools joke that has overstayed its welcome.
I don't know anyone that even considers it canonical.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:01 am

Racist Paizo plans to retcon the most iconic black elves ruled by stunning and brave women out of their precious setting.
Their main excuse is that the Drow are too closely tied to D&D, which is hilarious coming from the publishers of Pathfinder, aka D&D with the numbers filed off.
I do wonder if they'll also retcon 95% of their remaining monsters and (evil) races, all of which where originally devised for D&D :roll:
I mean, are they gonna revamp shit like dragons, demons and devils? All of these tree groups (and many, many more) are very specific to D&D in the way they are categorized.

And all of this apparently as part of their "Remaster Project", aka "Let's sell our stupid customers the same core books all over again!".
The new bestiary will probably be a dumpster fire if they're that paranoid about getting sued by Wizards.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:03 pm

There's barely anything actually original in the D&D bestiary.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:21 pm

Come on, they have Not-Balrogs, which I guess Pathfinder will have to give a different name than "Balor".
Then you have the various types of dragons. I guess Pathfinder will rebrand the iconic "red dragon" into the "fire dragon" or some shit.
Then you have weird shit that nevertheless is in the OGL, like owlbears and aboleths. The former will probably be okay since Blizzard and other companies have already ripped the fuck out of that critter. Rebranding aboleths might be trickier since Paizo has already been using them as a replacement for the mind flayers (which have never been in the OGL, unless you cound the 5e SRD where the copy-paste text mentions them).
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:35 pm

Why rename red dragons? That's as generic as it gets and far from trademarkable.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:11 pm

The term is iconic to the greater autism that is D&D's dragon taxonomy, where you have good dragons named after metals, and eeeeevil dragons named after colors (plus a bunch of other groups of dragons that have never really catched on), most of which having a differen shape and damage type for their breath weapon of choice.

Even the free D&D for Basic Fantasy is apparently moving on to renaming them (with "red dragons" now being "mountain dragons" or some shit).
-Yours Truly