Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
wulfenlord

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:25 am

The first printing of Spelljammer: Adventures in Space included two pieces of content that fans correctly flagged as offensive. The first is an illustration of a hadozee bard that resembles offensive minstrelsy materials and other racist depictions of Black people. The second is a paragraph about hadozees that reinforces harmful real-world stereotypes. Future reprints will omit both the illustration and the offensive text, neither of which had been reviewed by cultural experts.
:lol:
Said poses in question

Now of course you can argue REEEECISM into the subject matter, that is if you are are brainless mongoloid leftist that only sees racism, even if it means reaching back to the 1800's

And why should noggers be offended? Fucking Jethro Tull has more reason to be offended than them.

Also:
White DMs and players, please check your gaming privilege
Yes. I have checked, and am perfectly content with it :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:37 am

Saner minds could argue that this is really just a generic bard pose meant to evoke the bard prancing around during his performance instead of just standing/sitting around, but what does a cornstarch crusader like me know about this kind of stuff :roll: ?

Here's an example of a non-white Bard appropriating this.
Warning: This is a 5e Halfling, who for some reason are always drawn extremely fugly and with fucked-up proportions.
SpoilerShow
Also here's an interesting factoid about this twittertard: White queermos are experts on the field of minstreldom.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:39 am
They have no talent. Meanwhile needs can still develop homebrew gaming systems that are way better than whatever the fuck these talentless hacks do. I remember coming across some 4e homebrew rules that almost completely fixed its most glaring problems on top of introducing new interesting mechanics; at the same time, WotC was power-creeping and introducing math patches on feats so 90% of the optimized characters looked the same.
4e had some strange issues. it took them like till the third Monster Manual to notice that the monsters are a bit too damage-spongy, and "math patches on feats" was their main way of fixing the match on player characters.
I mean, the second Player's Handbook introduced the "Weapon Expertise" Feat (a rare way to increase your Base Attack Bonus) because they realized the PC's attack bonus grew slightly slower than the enemy's AC. One of the most common house rules I know of just gives everyone that Feat (or at least its mechanical effect) for free because screw having to waste a Feat slot because Wizards can't be arsed to actually adjust the classes directly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:39 am

>under-evolved, monkey-like things
>leftists think of niggers immediately

I wish I was as racist as them. They make stuff offensive that most people would never have paid any mind to.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:53 am

It also doesn't hurt that convincing companies about allgeded racism in their products is a nice way to gain power over them (as seen with this shadow cabal that is now in charge of greenlighting everything D&D).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:06 am

Lul, just got sucked into the gravitational pull of the Not-Critical Role troupe this bitch is part of :o

Dare you enter their/thems magical realm? :3
SpoilerShow

Samantha Puc (she/they) is a fat, disabled, lesbian writer and streamer whose work focuses primarily on LGBTQ+ and fat representation in pop culture waste of her fathers sperm. Samantha is the co-creator of Fatventure Mag and they are published in the award-winning Fat and Queer: An Anthology of Queer and Trans Bodies and Lives.

Lyrica (they/she) is a queer, disabled, BIMPOC (WTF isthe additional M supposed to mean? Stay with your established gang slang, FFS) interior crocodile-alligator on Twitch with a passion for creating a progressively safe community in online spaces known as the Hot Mess Express. lowlife Boy George impersonator.

Nico Malaon (she/they) is a fat, disabled, Filipinx/a/o, non-binary queer(for the love of god, invent an acronym for this mouthful of a bio - suggestion: GARBAGE)

Oof, that's all I could stomach, but if your thirst is not yet satiated, here's the source - they even have their own queer campaign wiki:
https://www.death2divinity.gay/about-death2divinity
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:18 am

That cast picture alone tells you this is some tumblr-tier trash.
I like how at least two of those PCs have a weird, vacant stare.
I like how there's no human in the party (the closest being two half-elves), and 3 of them are some special snowflake race instead of something saner.
I like how most of them are suffering from sameface syndrome. I guess most went with a special snowflake race so you could tell them apart.
I like how most of the PCs use "She/They" pronouns (which I can only imagine boiling down to everyone using "she" anyways, much like what probably ends up happening with their IRL players)

I like how the only male(-identifying) PC has the mandatory "I'm a beta cuck / fag" tumblr look (the only one allowed for cis males):
GayShow
In other news:
Warhammer 40k: Introducing the Sisters of Battle Baby Carrier

The Bolter Bitches have gotten their first new unit (not just some variant that boils down to alternate model parts) in almost two decades.
Unfortunately Games Workshop hasn't learned their lesson from when the entire fandom made fun of the Grey Knight's Dreadknight.
BEHOLDShow
Weird AF d20 fork
Rules spergShow
So there's this Renegade Game Studios, which mostly seem to produce licenses card games for Hasbro licensed stuff and a bit of Vamprie the Masquerade (bloody hell, the licenses for the old World of Darkness are all over the place after White Wolf got gutted).
They've recently also started delving into RPGs based on those Hasbro licenses, including G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, Transformers and I think eventually also My Little Pony (which would be the second MLP RPG, or the third if you count the unofficial Ponyfinder).

The unifying system behing all of these is called Essence20, some kind of trimmed-down d20-based thingie.
For starters HP is a lot lower, and most attacks just deal 1 damage. Weird seeing this outside of a wargame, but whatever.
It does the standard "roll d20 + modifiers and try to beat a target number" action resolution, with the modifiers usually based on your skill.
Unlike regular d20, skills are like in Savage Worlds in that their rated as a die (1d2 to 1d12 in this case), which you add to the d20 roll - because apparently the d20 was not notoriously swingy enough.
If you're specialized in a skill, you roll all dice up to your actual skill rating and take the higher result. I'm sure that 1d2 will make all the difference.
On top of that, you have 5e's advantage/disadvantage system where you roll two d20 and keep the higher or lower result.

Apparently this is considered "easier" than just adding or subtracting numbers to the d20 roll.
Also looks like the writers looked at Shadow of the Demon Lord and decided they could do it "better".

(In SotDL you roll d20 + static modifiers + "boons & banes", which replace your attack bonus and situational modifiers and always result in a much simpler "roll one or more d6, keep the highest and then add or subtract depending on whether you have more boons or banes")
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:56 pm

This week on

The most racist book since Racial Holy War (apparently)

>campaign guide about [non-white place]
>written by white people
>no sensitivity readers involved

I wonder what twitter thinks of this :roll: (archive)

It's "Hawai'i", not "Hawaii", you Literal Hitler :roll:
More on the insensitive art in a bit.
"Raciall statted living people" boils down "You get +1 to [stat] if you're from [culture]". Disgusting.
("Aotearoa" means "New Zealand" for all of your colonizers out there, btw)

White people drawing island folks with tattoos is of the highest haram. Don't even think about it.
I almost wonder what this guy thinks of the cultural appropriation found in Pokemon Sun & Moon.
(archive)

I also hated reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms and finding all the names written in the Latin alphabet. It was the Opium Wars all over again.
Even doing research as a white person is heresy, since you will naturally use European literature, which doesn't even begin to be valid.

Also lots and lots of bitching about how this 240+ page book dares to simplify the deep and multi-faceted cultural nuances of each and every tribe of Glorious Polynesia. Also lots and lots of colonizer accusations, which is a bit weird since the entire point of the book is to play as a Polynesian.

Well, at least the Discord server (with the actual customers) is less irate about the whole deal.
They've also been warned beforehand that this shitstorm will probably happen, so hopefully the Design Mechanism doesn't do anything stupid.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:47 pm

Holy mother load, this abbo guy is making a longer tirade than spoony describing his bronchitis.
Funny how he ends with "at least Varg isn't a coward but a proud racist unlike you" and the obligatory "so I herd ur publisher has been informed that you wrote Mein Kampf 2 (by me :3 )"

SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:51 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:47 pm
Holy mother load, this abbo guy is making a longer tirade than spoony describing his bronchitis.
Probably salty he didn't get the chance of getting hired as their sensitivity reader and overall highest authority on everything Aotearoa and H'a'w'a'i'i.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:31 pm

dont let them see rifts then
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]