Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
wulfenlord

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Taking a stab in the dark here: does Zweihänder repurposes a characters Wappen to include his personalized pride flag? Would be a fitting usage of Blasonierung :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:00 pm

Zweihänder, just like the Warhammer Fantasy RPG, really likes you starting out as a shitfarmer. It's rather unlikely to be a noble.
But I see what you did there.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:45 pm

Squats (aka Space Dwarfs) have returned to 40k.
And their power armor looks like it's from Starcraft.

This is what Squat Power Armor used to look like, btw:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm

I kinda like the story they came up with tbh, which is also the reason they were absent so long. Dorfs in Space with walking egg armor and bike ganger image doesn't translate well to 40K. Colonies seperated for millenia from humans that they evolved completely different with believable reasons for their quirks, yes please (being reliant so much on Abominable Intelligence that they view androids as kin, and the reason for dorf grudges being that their supercomputers ran out of dedodated wam in the 33rd millenium or so). I won't buy into that shit, but I applaud actual effort.

Another thing I mused quite some time, what exactly is this Excrement Meatfags Furever you keep on mentioning in a hushed voice, Voice? Care to sperg elaborate for the uninitiated?
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:39 pm

Vaguely Nordic dwarf clones worshipping ancient supercomputers certainly sounds like a novel idea, even if they will probably run into trouble with the Adeptus Mechanicus.
wulfenlord wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm
Another thing I mused quite some time, what exactly is this Excrement Meatfags Furever you keep on mentioning in a hushed voice, Voice? Care to sperg elaborate for the uninitiated?
It's Extreme Meatpunks Forever. Started out as a Leftist "video game" (aka extreme linear visual novel with fugly graphics and combat segments so amateurish the game just lets you skip them entirely), but also branched off into a tabletop RPG (using the Apocalypse World system like every good Leftist no-effort RPG).
It's a "Bash the Fash"-type Antifa power fantasy where a bunch of genderspecial murder hobos bash the fash (tm) who is (apparently?) controlling the planet they're living on or something.
Though like with a lot of "Bash the Fash"-type propaganda pieces, the writers were very afraid that anyone would find "The Fash" cool, so all the supposed nazis you run into a dim-witted, face- and nameless thugs. The tabletop RPG even demands that you keep them face- and nameless (only telling them apart by hats 'n' shit).
They're also not allowed to use actual slurs. Both video game and tabletop RPG recommend shit like "[Incredibly racist remark]"
If you're uncomfortable with actual nazis in your game, maybe you shouldn't put actual nazis in your game.
Well, at least they're nazis according to the narrator and our brave heroes.

The "Meatpunk" moniker comes from the planet being some kind of meat planet, and everyone owns some bioorganic mech (which aren't really integrated into the story at all and may as well be summoned out of thin air for combat).
Despite supposedly being meatpunk, there are still plenty of people in metal wheelchair (this is one of these Leftist propaganda pieces fetishizing wheelchairs; even the most secret nazi bunkers in the tabletop are fully wheelchair-accesible, which is pretty darn nice of those Fashies). They're certainly not doing much with the premise.

As you're just assumed to hate the evil nazis because they're evil nazis, they're also not really fleshing out much of anything.
The worldbuilding is certainly leaving much to be desired. The one adventure for the tabletop RPG has you help out some working-calss blokes - who despite the supposedly cruel nazi regime that is probably in charge of everything are allowed to indulge in same-sex marriage and can sustain a cozy house with biomechs for everyone on a single salary.
I don't think the writers ever actually had a real job, is what I'm suspecting.

The two video games also have very... interesting art "evolution"...
First GameShow
Second GameShow

Same characters. I assume the artist did it out of support for troons or something.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:34 pm

Hitler has always been a big supporter of Barrierefreiheit. Especially when it comes to borders to Poland.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:14 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:34 pm
Hitler has always been a big supporter of Barrierefreiheit. Especially when it comes to borders to Poland.
Must have known that Poland's most famous export, DSP, would be supported by nothing but wheelchairs.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:39 pm

KickScammer ~ Spooktober

Riding on the buzzword coat-tails of MetaVerse, HoyoVerse and other bland brands, we get....

From Nightfall Games, spouting not a D20/Apocolypse derivate, but their own Award-winning* system from their other cashgrab, TerminatorVerse :3

Preview Rules are for grabs at DTRPG, though what's the point ayksurely? Any and all Horror Afficionade has been spoonfed by Vampire: the Gathering or Woke of Cthulhu for decades.

My guess is they want to cash in on their prominent Patron, the bastard grand nephew of Abraham Stoker himself, though the sequels have been universally panned.

SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:05 pm

>StokerVerse
>Patreon page shows that it'll include writeups for all kinds of Victorian monsters (Frankenstein's Monster, Jekyll/Hyde...)

Sounds more like the HammerVerse :thinking:
wulfenlord wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:39 pm
Preview Rules are for grabs at DTRPG, though what's the point ayksurely? Any and all Horror Afficionade has been spoonfed by Vampire: the Gathering or Woke of Cthulhu for decades.
Quickstart rules can be a good warning sign, especially if they start with some political manifesto or include pronouns for everyone.
This quickstarter sadly has neither. Though reading the rules for action resolution can potentially lead to SAN loss. A success-based die pool system where one specific die is a special die that has to succeed before the other success can count? What the...?

Also it seems this game is closer to Call of Cthulhu, since it's about investigating and/or fighting spooky shit instead of being spooky shit.
An ever better comparison would be Night's Black Agents, an investigative RPG about finding and killing vampires. Even has a published campaign about hunting down Dracula (which also includes the original novel because why the fuck not; I think that one's also an actual piece of evidence in this campaign).

And speaking of pronouns...
Fabula Ultima

Aka Final Fantasy with the numbers filed off. System looks like a crunchier, combat-heavier version of Ryuutama with out-of-combat stuff "inspired" by Apocalypse World (using "clocks" to track various kinds of events/projects/happenings is a big indicator).
Naturally the character sheet has a pronoun section.
Naturally exactly one pregen in the quickstart has the "They/Them" pronoun of doom.
Naturally it's the heir to some throne. You'd think people living in a monarchy would want to know if their (future) ruler can cause pregnancies or become pregnant.

I think I'll stick with Super Console if I want a commercial Not-Final-Fantasy. Even has a goofy supplement where you play an all-monster party.
-Yours Truly

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:39 pm
Second GameShow

Same characters. I assume the artist did it out of support for troons or something.
JFC, that is Lena the Hyena levels of ugly.
SpoilerShow