Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:47 pm

Your point being that the Khmer Rouge in space were "basically police lol"?
Ethnic cleansing isn't some kind of parking ticket affair. Plus, you ought to know that those aren't Space Marines. Those are Emperor era Thunder Warriors, heretic!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:50 pm

Dude, those are beakies, the most classic of Space Marines. This is a Thunder Warrior:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Eh, fluent transition. Point is, they are not and never were police.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:14 pm

40k was a very different beast in the olden days.
Also a very silly place.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:50 pm
Dude, those are beakies, the most classic of Space Marines. This is a Thunder Warrior:
No this is Thunder Warrior.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:21 am

They're closer than you think. Holy Terra was a kind of Mad Max hellscape before the God-Emperor and his Thunder Warriors entered the picture.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:47 pm

Weekend Special ~ Licensed whimsical RPG for babbies

While browsing for christmas presents I stumbled upon several abominations, whereas the first 2 leave a bad feeling in my mouth that this LGBWTF-ally is using his 5e-compatible wankery for propaganda. This asshole does mostly childrens books illustration in the vomit inducing Return to Cuck Island style, and I don't really know if Rare is happy with this:

OZ - the RPG
I can't tell exactly what rubs me the wrong way, it's a combination of this pronouns-in-bio-faggot, that Dorothy is a negress, most likely Ozma will be a clone of Andrew Ryan, and several districs of Oz City will likely have anarcho-communism.

Neverland RPG
This will most likely feature diverse injun savages noble tribespeople. Also contains faerie fetish

Lastly this is one I sadly (most sadly) purchased, because my significant pair of tits loves the movie, and the boardgame wasn't that awful (thanks to Alessio Cavatore's input no doubt).
Labyrinth - the adventure game

Now, it might have a good production value, and the embedded dice cavity is a cute gimmick, but fuck me is this an awful piece of "art".
Luckily for those fuckers they didn't use the description RPG, otherwise I would have to burn this book. The rules are literally written on the BOOKMARK. The rule (singular) is as follows - roll a d6 - if it's an easy task, you need 2+ - if it's a difficult task, you need a 3+, up to 6 (GMs choice) - if you have a special ability, use 2d6 and pick highest - if you are hindered or have a character flaw for this skill, use 2d6 and pick lowest.

As for character creation and skills, they went the you can be anything route. The "game" features 90 scenarios, and sometimes, after a failed test or a specific scenario, you lose an hour. Game ends after 13 in-game hours.

So far I gladly did not stumble upon a scenario where the player romances Jareth - yet.

This is the "writer" in question shilling for his abomination

Tough this fine dangerhair faggot gets credited for most of the scenarios (with additional content by Cavatore himself, and Matt Ward. How the mighty have fallen :lol: ).
Flippin' eck, even Das schwarze Auge Junior didn't have toddler rules like this.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:08 pm

That last one looks like an even more dumbed-down version of Apocalypse World.

And why the fuck would you want to convert The Wizard of Oz and Peter Pan into D&D? That's probably the worst possible system you can run this with. And why does Dorothy have so many Hit Dice?
I also have no doubt in my mind that there's some fetish shit in there. That always happens if some old children's book gets appropriated by D&D*

*) Blood in the Chocolate, an edgy "hommage" to Charlie and the Cholocate Factory for the edgy tryhard retroclone Lamentations of the Flame Princess.
Not only is that adventure's dungeon full of bullshit traps with little payoff (literally the only winning move is to not go into the dungeon**), but there's a lot of kink. I hope you have an inflation fetish, and orgies where inflated people are raped.
This also won an Ennie award, apparently.

**) This is a recurring theme with Lamentations of the Flame Princess. Basically all of the published adventure modules are bullshit with nothing but suffering in store for the player characters.
Or you get shit like Death Frost Doom - an adventure where literally nothing happens outside of some mild spooky stuff - that is unless you do the one thing to trigger a zombie apocalypse.

EDIT: Hang on a sec, I've heard about this Neverland before...
Oh, it's the guys who did Zweihänder (the Warhammer Fantasy RPG retroclone). Have they done anything else after their cringy colonial America RPG?

Blackbirds RPG Core

Oh, it's some rebranded version of Zweihänder, this time around with an actual setting.
Also one of the authors is Zoe Fucking Quinn - "her" grand debut in the tabletop RPG industry, no less :lol:

>file size over 800 MB

Ah, I see they still haven't figured out how to compress their images.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:23 pm

"Innis he/him"?
Is she banking on the fact that she looks like a barely passing troon, and that no one remembers who the fuck she is?
But her stupid nickname is in the stupid video's description....
Maybe these fuckwads use pronouns even for their shitty imaginary characters?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:27 pm

Possible. More and more games replace the "sex/gender" section of the character sheet with a "pronoun" section.
There are also more and more games that write an NPC's pronouns next to xir name (even though most of the time it's an obvious "he/him" or "she/her", with the rare obnoxious "they/them" every now and then).

EDIT: I just checked, and the main difference between Blackbirds and Zweihänder is that the character sheet has no sex section. There's not even a pronoun section, so at least some of the writers apparently still have standards.
-Yours Truly