Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:51 pm

Man, the 2022 ENNIE awards nominations look amazing. One particular game appears to be the current darling with its many nominations:

>Thirsty Sword Lesbians for best cover art
>Thirsty Sword Lesbians for best interior art
>Thirsty Sword Lesbians for best game
>Thirsty Sword Lesbians for product of the year

Really? Best game and product of the year? It's just a gimicky Apocalypse World game.
And best art? You sure we're talking about the same game? Just look at this shit:
SpoilerShow
Also for some reason the Fate Accessibility Toolkit is nominated for "Best Aid/Accessory – Non – Digital", even though it was release in 2019? Did it take them this long to make a print version or something?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 am

thank you to everyone who helps make the TTRPG community more inclusive

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:50 am

Well, I just hope they will get drunk enough with power to finally do their quietly-canceled Fate Decolonization Toolkit. It's the only product of theirs I ever wanted.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:02 am

Gen Con: Muh diversity, muh inclusivity
Also Gen Con: Fellow """woman""" forced me into a "cuddle" session
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:16 pm

Aren't you happy, women? Aren't you happy that these convention spaces became more safe and inclusive? Enjoy the world you have created, cunts.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 pm

And more Coyote & Crow drama.
So part of the pledges include the amazing option of financing a copy of the book to be sent to some sufficienty Native library for some reason. The dumb fucks behind this didn't except to have to donate 5,000 copies that way, and apparently they don't have enough of their 1 million cash left to actually send all of that shit.

This amazing lack of planning didn't stop them from planning another Kickstarter for an expansion and a gay dice game. Good fucking luck with that.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:06 am

Wow. A dice game based on a injun variant of yahtzee. How creative. Sign me up for the Deluxe backer Upgrade.

Also a nice begging blog for the unfulfilled orders: "I might know this guy" is not helping, only if you can personally vouch that your contact is in fact Scrooge McMoneybags
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:43 am

More news on D&D upcoming anniversary edition for 2024.
It's currently codenamed "One D&D", but is technically 5.5 or maybe even 6 (not that they've ever officially numbered editions since 4e).

They're gonna use a "background" system as another choice you can make besides race and class. Backgrouds will also be the part that determines you ability bonuses now (because 5e already considers it racist that dwarves are tougher than elves, so of course this new edition will be woke from the start). They've most likely borrowed this background concept from various D&D derivatives (Pathfinder 2 and pretty much everything by Kevin Crawford comes to mind).
Really, I'm surprised this article is even talking about "races", since the woke tabletop community has issues with that term. I can guarantee you the actual edition will use "ancestries" or something like that.

Core race selection will be ever more retarded. You're gonna get a divine alternative to Tieflings - not the Asimar who are literally the opposite of Tieflings, mind you, but a brand-new race called "Ardlings". They have an animal head, and the rest of their body can range from "Egyptian god" to "a literal furry", and can even sprout temporary wings for full furfaggotry.
You can also even be a half-furry because Half-Elf and Half-Orc have been merged into a generic system for Half-Races.

Allegedly this edition will be fully-compatible with 5e. I'm sure the upcoming new edition of the Planescape campaign setting won't get fucked over by being literally the last big thing released for 5e :roll:

EDIT: Oh, also Orcs will be a core race now, so black people can finally feel represented.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:48 pm

>Wizards of the Coast
>LotR-themed set for Magic the Gathering
>muh modern take of Tolkien's work for muh new generation

This is Aragorn.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:33 pm

When I was crafting ultra broken shit during Urza's block, you could've told me that netdecking ruining Magic was a good thing and I would've called you a dumbass.
Now I'm glad it did. At least I didn't have to bother with one of my favourite games getting destroyed by this kinda shit. I'm glad Magic has been dead for ages.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!