Far Cry 6 Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Far Cry 6 Thread

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 am

Complicity wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:06 am
Bobito wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:08 am
Another game where you have to join the “based” (((revolutionaries))).
I vaguely remember a 90's/early 2000's game set in an America occupied by communists, and the player was part of a group of revolutionaries who used the american flag as their symbol/mask.
Good luck playing something like that now.
Sounds like Freedom Fighters. I don't know how dated it is by modern standards (it was a pre-Gears third person shooter on the PS2, so probably) but at the time it was a good squad tactics based shooter.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:27 pm

I like the franchise, it's an enjoyable guilty pleasure. That being said, I suppose a lot of things that I either like, look for or don't mind, can be the things that turn off many (funnily enough, a lot of reddit shitters hate the series, they can't stand the towers).

I have enjoyed FC5, even though it seriously started losing steam in the last third or so. It needed better pacing, and either smaller world, or just less generic activities and more focused storyline. The combat and other things are also problematic, when you really want to dig into this - I'll admit, everything is quite generic and when you leave the exploration phase and dig into the gameplay phase, this might be what will eventually turn people off, because they just won't care enough to continue. I would say a lot of problems come from the fact that the player feels like a demigod most of the time, there are very few situations where you feel like you aren't just in some sort of spectacle.

Far Cry games often suffer from lack relatable characters, since they often try to force a lot of them onto the player, and drop quite a lot of terrible exposition - funny enough, when they simplified things with Primal, it felt much better, because they cut off a lot of obnoxious characters forcing you to do things for them (Far Cry 4 was the worst offender in this regard, you are everyone's bitch and I can't really think of anyone likeable in that game, aside from the guy, who's supposed to be the main villain).

To me, the highlight of the series was Primal, because it ditched the guns and made the animals much more of a focus of the whole game, it felt more sandboxy (introduced certain exploration activities that were carried over to FC5 and were easily my favourite addition), which is honestly what I was interested to see - it either needs to become more of an sandbox, or it needs to improve the overall quality of the narrative and progression. I would like to see larger scale combat, something like in Arma, where you can command groups of individual soldiers and lead them, which would also give the game some much needed depth, it wouldn't be just "guy goes and single handedly paints the whole map a different color".
Moe Bitches wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 am
Wait Vaas died? Well that saved some disappointment. Haven't gotten far with the game. He was obviously the best character of that game. Can't remember how far I gotten, but at least this is a prequel judging by the brow and the scar.
Far Cry games don't have a shared timeline, they are all different random stories.

Vaas is honestly underused in FC3, you get to see him very sparingly, the promotional materials made him a much bigger spectactle than he is in the game. Then again, with the format they went with, which is no cinematics without the main character, it's probably for the best, because in FC5, they still use this same format, and for you to be able to experience the villain's presence, they abduct you 9 fucking times during the game. I am not joking. Still, a good villain for sure, for many the best of Far Cry series.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 pm

If you put all of Vaas's appearances together they don't add up to more than ten minutes. You can feel that he was never actually a main character and only quickly turned into one because the actor did a fantastic job so they hastily expanded his presence at the 11th hour.
Sadly, I can't say that most characters of the story were all that great. Especially your fuckhead friends I felt impossible to care for.

As for the series it's too much of the same by now. I pass on the rest of the series for the same reason I pass on CoD. I've seen enough of that flowchart to get entertainment out of it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:42 am

Unlike Cod, I keep myself entertained with Far Cry and that's the reason I keep playing it. My biggest problem with CoD is that they added too much cinematic garbage and everything revolves around trying to pull player though scene after a scene - at least that was the case in the newest CoD I've played, which was probably Black OPs 2, so 10 years ago I think? I've already disliked it in MW2 and it only got worse. I just want to feel like a soldier in a conflict, get me through various interesting setpieces, make it look like we are making a difference and stop shoving obnoxious characters in my face. I don't care about your next stupid plot that wouldn't even pass for a cinema student's movie project.

Far Cry at least lets me set my own pace and most importantly, gives me room to breathe, and I just like the concept of a shooter that lets you explore a big world. It's similar to ASS Creed games, and those games have suffered with the transformation into open world as well. Even the praised Black Flag had some huge issues, mainly with nonsensical and convoluted story. But unlike Far Cry, ASS creed has been improving and evolving, probably because it sells much more, so there is more of an incentive to pour more money and workforce into pushing it further.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:46 am

Apparently SJWs are mad because the Breaking Bad guy is TOO black for this role.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:34 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:42 am
Unlike Cod, I keep myself entertained with Far Cry and that's the reason I keep playing it.
Fair enough.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
My biggest problem with CoD is that they added too much cinematic garbage and everything revolves around trying to pull player though scene after a scene - at least that was the case in the newest CoD I've played, which was probably Black OPs 2, so 10 years ago I think? I've already disliked it in MW2 and it only got worse. I just want to feel like a soldier in a conflict, get me through various interesting setpieces, make it look like we are making a difference and stop shoving obnoxious characters in my face. I don't care about your next stupid plot that wouldn't even pass for a cinema student's movie project.
I've stopped giving a fuck about the single player portion of CoD ages ago. But likewise, I've played enough multiplayer rounds to last me a lifetime.
I guess it doesn't have ridiculous bullshit builds like witchblade builds from MW2 any more but it's just worn out at this point.
I believe the last one I've played was also Blops2. I knew what to expect when I got in, which was a MW2 with a better FOV and actual servers. I got exactly that, made some custom swastika gun skins, went up to prestige and stopped playing it forever.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Far Cry at least lets me set my own pace and most importantly, gives me room to breathe, and I just like the concept of a shooter that lets you explore a big world.
See, I agree with that but the gameplay loop doesn't change at all. It's just always the same at this point and thus I feel like playing the same game over and over again. Even within a single game that just got stale to me eventually.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
It's similar to ASS Creed games, and those games have suffered with the transformation into open world as well. Even the praised Black Flag had some huge issues, mainly with nonsensical and convoluted story. But unlike Far Cry, ASS creed has been improving and evolving, probably because it sells much more, so there is more of an incentive to pour more money and workforce into pushing it further.
Asscreed has always had the weird story shit going on. I remember when 2 was new and I got through to it that I called that they would have no idea where to take the current time line plot and were just winging it like LOST.
Gameplay-wise, I was done with Asscreed with 3. Black Fag was worth playing for the whole pirate ship stuff, the regular AC gameplay was a slog to get through.
I haven't finished Rogue yet but it's the last AC I care about. The newest one especially turns me off with the whole levelling thing, which seems poorly balanced. Not to mention the degenerate "fuck everyone" Mass Effect bullshit being incredibly lame and a monumental waste of development time.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

The leveling is monumentally stupid. You can turn it off (it's not really removing it, but it makes sure that enemies are always on your level), but why have it as a feature to begin with?! They tried it, because they were testing if it's gonna make people more addicted to the games, that's my guess. It's the reason why they tried with the Far Cry New Dawn and by Bethesda tried with the latest Cuckenstein. It's a terrible idea and it never works.

Again, it's not like in witcher 3, where it was mostly balanced and wasn't fucking overdone. And when you start mixing it with firearms, then... I don't necessarily mind bullet sponges, I've played Division and liked it to an extent, but I hate the idea of agressively populating the world with enemies at higher level than you, making sure you can't really fight them, yet you will constantly bump into them. That's just player hostile and I've heard it happens especially in FC: New Dawn.

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:34 am
Asscreed has always had the weird story shit going on. I remember when 2 was new and I got through to it that I called that they would have no idea where to take the current time line plot and were just winging it like LOST.
I pretend the current storyline (if you can even call it that) doesn't exist. The only time I actually cared about it was in the first game, where I would argue it was actually very interesting, because they kept slowly revealing the concepts to you, it had suspense. Then they basically changed everything about it and turned it to a boring, convoluted mess that never went anywhere, and now it just chugs along, because they have the obligation to keep it as a concept...

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:46 am
Apparently SJWs are mad because the Breaking Bad guy is TOO black for this role.
I don't like real-life actor likenesses in games, but this at least looks like they are using a real actor for a role and not just inserting a Reddit meme like Keanu Reeves.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 pm

It's just some marketing gimmick. Bonus points if they release photos of the actor in mokap gear.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Of course they're gonna pimp out a famous actor and make him say shit like "I'm really invested in this video game". As long as he does a good job, I don't mind.