Soystation 5 General

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Complicity

Re: Soystation 5 General

Post by Complicity » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:27 pm

I know that g4 is cancer (and dead afaik), but this video is still funny and topical:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:07 pm

ebin namefag wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:25 pm
Sega has owned Fatlus for a decade but I still can't recruit Sanic as a demon.
Didn't stop the MegaTen wikia from giving him a whole page.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:33 pm
They are Japanese emo faggots. Have you seen nip metal bands? They make Fallout Boy look hardcore as fuck at the best of times and their equivalent is as gay as Korean boy bands.
At least their Limp Bizkit are better than the burger ones

But i believe that this band also started as visual kei or some other ultraghey shit, so there's that.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:11 pm

They also make decent punk/metal.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:23 am

I'll say this much, Limp Bizkit weren't bad. Nu-metal in general wasn't. It was just heavily dependent on the Zeitgeist. It's something that worked for a specific time for a specific generation and that's it.

Really no different to Disco, Punk or Metalcore. Or most of the late 60s to early 70s music.
Attempts to make that music today comes off as a bit phoney.

Disco is dead, so is Punk and Metalcore isn't even remotely the same anymore. The whole Emo shit is gone and it's basically either Deathcore or straight up Death Metal.

For your consideration, In Flames is considered a Melodic Death Metal band and always has.

Neaera has been and still is regarded as a Metalcore band.

You can hear some of the heritage. In Flames used to be rougher, Neaera used to be a tad more melodic. I'd argue that, between these specific songs, In Flames has way more Emo shit going on.
The genre labels are just as much of a farce as would be comparing The Clash and Green Day and calling both Punk.
When Green Day want to have fun, they go to the glory hole and suck dick for the entire night in place of having dinner.
When The Clash want to have fun, they make an absolute banger for the ages.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:32 am

Speaking of Limp Bizkit, for some reason they aren't even really a burger band anymore but have started touring almost exclusively in the eastern bloc in the last 10 years or so, with Fred Durst becoming some kind of Russia fanboy. Maybe Nu-Metal is in the current eastern Zeitgeist or something.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:23 am

The genre labels are just as much of a farce as would be comparing The Clash and Green Day and calling both Punk.
When Green Day want to have fun, they go to the glory hole and suck dick for the entire night in place of having dinner.
When The Clash want to have fun, they make an absolute banger for the ages.

Listen to the last thirty seconds. Perfect.

The Clash can't even be compared to Green Gay or any modern (((punk))) shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:43 pm

Jiangshi wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:32 am
Speaking of Limp Bizkit, for some reason they aren't even really a burger band anymore but have started touring almost exclusively in the eastern bloc in the last 10 years or so, with Fred Durst becoming some kind of Russia fanboy. Maybe Nu-Metal is in the current eastern Zeitgeist or something.
The reason is probably that his nation decided that, if a bitch is micro-aggressed, assaulted and/or raped in the Woodstock's mosh pit, it's not fault of the organizers or security, but it's fault of the band that was performing on stage when it happened.
I doubt that it's because of Fred Durst being right winged like Aaron Lewis; in his stupid movie The Fanatic John Travolta is bullied by stereotypical jocks who vote for Trump, and i remember him expressing his admiration for Rage Against The Latrine during an old MTV award ceremony during which the bassist of said band of fake commies behaved like an absolute retard.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:43 pm

Fred Durst is just a budget Steven Seagal.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:52 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:43 pm
The reason is probably that his nation decided that, if a bitch is micro-aggressed, assaulted and/or raped in the Woodstock's mosh pit, it's not fault of the organizers or security, but it's fault of the band that was performing on stage when it happened.
There's a much simpler explanation for this wave of Russianphilia among washed out celebrities (at least until now): tax breaks. Gerrard Depardieu ostensibly became a Russian citizen to evade French income taxes, because he was friends with Putin and Putin gave him some pretty attractive privileges in that regard. I have no doubt that Seagal and Durst had similar sweet deals to become Putin's bestest friends ever.