Soystation 5 General

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Newhalf

Re: Soystation 5 General

Post by Newhalf » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 am

Organisation XIII is basically the council of Ricks, but played straight. Thirteen plus people who are all some versions of Xehanort. That's how I understand it anyway.
Wasn't KH also written by Nomura?
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:56 am

KH is Nomura's Lightbringer saga in playable form.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 am
Square has a thing for making their final boss literally everyone. See Kingdom Hearts where only a single final boss in the franchise isn't Xehanort.
It makes perfect sense for the final boss of Kingdom Hearts 2 172/256: Jumping Jizz Japs to be the Nobody of the Heartless of Xenahort's past self possessing the body of Riku from an alternate future.
I miss the days when final bosses in JRPGs were basically The Thing.
Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 pm
Yes, but "It's supposed to sound corny on purpose, and that's part of the chaaaaaarm!!" :roll:
About time someone made a Room RPG.
Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 pm
I still prefer the chad effeminate metrosexual paragon from before, even if he wasn't 100% accurate to the crimson-armored warrior class of the original.
SpoilerShow
It is the eternal tragedy of the franchise that the 2D character sprites were incapable of handling Amano's artwork.
That's what actual hardware limitations look like, not this bullshit "They have to split the FF7 remake into dozens of parts because the original just has too much content."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:04 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:56 am

I miss the days when final bosses in JRPGs were basically The Thing.
Carpenter's The Thing or fat guy from fantastic floor?
Cos I remember neither.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:14 am

The former.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:33 pm

ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 am
Nobody at Square operates on any level of irony, even ironing at its most hack and gay.
That's the sad reality. They are Japanese emo faggots. Have you seen nip metal bands? They make Fallout Boy look hardcore as fuck at the best of times and their equivalent is as gay as Korean boy bands.

Nomura and his chucklefucks genuinely think all that shit is turbo cool. I doubt they even have edgy or angsty emo faggotry as a concept. To them it's just the height of badass.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:43 pm

I remember when Tales of the Abyss had an angsty teenager as the protagonist... and then flipped the concept over its head to deconstruct it. Good times.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:42 pm

But did Abyss have a pirate loli like Vesperia has? I think not.
-Yours Truly

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 am
Organisation XIII is basically the council of Ricks,
They're just rip offs of the Akatsuki ninjas from Naruto.
And rip offs of the Strangers from Dark City to a degree.
As for the....."""plot""":
SpoilerShow
  • They're a bunch of anime edgelords recruited for an ulterior motive.
  • They follow the doppelgänger of the main villain.
  • Said doppelgänger promises they'll get their original souls back by creating their own version of heaven & receiving said souls.
  • They agree to this and do his bidding.
  • Actual motive involves putting fragments of the villain's soul into their bodies so he can mold them into necessary components for forging a prophesied interdimensional macguffin for unlocking heaven so he can control the universe upon the reincorporation of his original body after spending a decade hijacking the body of a teenage samurai (who fell to the dark side) of whom he molded into a vessel of which two incarnations, including the doppelgänger, spawned from, with the latter following his orders via a time traveling version of the villain's younger bishounen self from another era, all according to the most prolonged, plot convenient keikaku ever made.
And that's just a gist of the mental retardation.
Newhalf wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 am
Wasn't KH also written by Nomura?
Co-written alongside his butt buddy Kazushige Nojima (AKA writer behind the idiotic "We all happened to attend the same school when we were kids" coincidental plot point from FF8, as well as having his hand in many, many retarded story beats in Square games over the past 20+ years).
See, Nomura in particular was primarily an illustrator & debugger back in the day, and his drawings were the primary niche he excelled at. The moment KH took off, Square decided to give him top storytelling positions because, clearly, he was some kind of """auteur""" when they should've tightened the leash instead. That's how we got the brainless autism of Advent Children. He has his fingers in too many pies.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:42 pm
But did Abyss have a pirate loli like Vesperia has? I think not.
My, my, Abyss has double the loli, my friend. It had a loli who fought mounted on a giant plushy:
SpoilerShow
And you had to fight her goth loli rival multiple times during the game:
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:40 pm

Based af.
-Yours Truly