Soystation 5 General

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Soystation 5 General

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm

What that? A new action RPG on the horizon?! What are the odds that it'll be another "It's like Dark Souls meets [some other shit]"?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri May 14, 2021 5:00 am

Guest wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:12 am
Isn't that the game that was supposed to be super advanced and had an AI that would learn and adapt when it fought you, leading to a final boss fight that could last 40 minutes or more? I remember that shit in EGM when I was a kid and wondering what technical utopia was living in.
I believe you're right.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:51 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:30 pm
Old shit games are more interesting than new shit games.
Absolutely! Shit wasn't all "figured out" at that point. A shit game today is just yet another repeat made with the same three engines, the same design mentalities and following the same blueprints.
It's all so bland!
So-called "shit" old games were often mad ambitious and trying to achieve something that simply wasn't possible with older technology. But around 2008-2009, every game type was smashed together to create a homogeneous mess and that has remained true to this day.

Mind you, I'm not complaining about a bit of standardization in control schemes. That's fine. It's all the other stuff that the industry standardized around the same time. Fallout went from a cRPG to a third person morrowind skin to a lootershooter.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Which brings us right back to RE and survival horror. It's just so much easier to make a reliably decent 3rd person or 1st person shooter.

No or only baby brain puzzles, levels can be a mostly straight line, gameplay and mechanics can mostly just rely on shooting, which by itself is already enjoyable to most people. Market it well and you've got guaranteed money.

Look at all the fucking effort and risks Silent Hill took. How many people even noticed the alchemy theme? I sure as hell didn't. The art and writing team poured their souls into it. All for a game so slow and different that it could've been a massive failure.

Fuck that noise! Have a console FPS with big titty vampire mommy and werewolves instead. Thanks for the cash, faggots!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 15, 2021 2:44 am

So did Cumcuck pay off the ransomware Chad's? Where muh source codes? Where muh reports of communist infiltration and alchoholism?

Post by Guest » Mon May 17, 2021 5:29 am

thicc vampire milkers!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon May 17, 2021 7:36 am

The funny thing is she's such a little part of the game.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Mon May 17, 2021 8:48 am

She also turns into a giant dragon at the end for no good reason. What a stupid game and stupid series.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 17, 2021 9:58 am

RE has always been famous for its thicc vampire waifus (who dress like witches) turning into giant dragons.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon May 17, 2021 11:05 am

She'll never be as cool as Excella Gionne.