Soystation 5 General

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Soystation 5 General

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 5:14 pm

So has anyone played the new one yet?

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 8:36 pm

Why? It's going to suck just like everything else. Everything sucks and if you disagree you're a faggot retard.

Seriously though, I've made it through five hours. The beginning is actually pretty good but it turns into Call of Dooty not even halfway through. The boss battle ls so far have all sucked and from what I've seen get no better. There's almost no focus on resource management and the crafting system is pointless filler. It's got good atmosphere in the early parts when its just you wandering through a abandoned village infested with werewolves and nice art design but that's pretty much it. All in all, there feels like a spark of a pretty neat Resident Evil game somewhere in there but its buried under a mountain of utter shit.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 08, 2021 8:46 pm

And what the fuck is up with the cover? Could they have made "Resident Evil" any smaller?
When I first saw this I thought this was a totally unrelated game called "Seven.One.Age". Or is it "Viiiage"?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 10:04 pm

Eightage?

God that looks stupid. This is what happens when you hire people embarrassed by the IP they're supposed to sell.

Guestfag

Post by Guestfag » Sat May 08, 2021 10:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:04 pm
Possibly had a multi game contract and just stuffed him in there?
They do that for gaymz? I don't know, because most I remember about gaymz voice actors is drama and news of no change or changes when the game is already in development/when they make bullshots.
And when you have Nolan North and Troy Baker (I swear those cucks are in almost every game), why would you even sign contract like that and give monies? Those 2 will do it cheaper and are always available.

As for RE8, it was obvious they will fuck it up. As soon as they showed simp bait vampire, you knew what was their target and they didn't try to bullshit anyone.
Even though it looks like not the greatest, I still take that shit over RE5 and 6.

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2021 10:38 pm

Nobody gives a shit about the box art you fucking autists, the problem is in the game design.

For instance part of the horror element in past games is enemies playing possum. You pump a zombie full of lead until they fall down. Are they dead? Are you sure? Are they in a pool of their own blood? Don't get to close or they might take a chunk out of your femur! Nowadays you know the enemies are dead when they drop fucking loot, because of course all the enemies drop loot, because this is a game for retarded millennials and even more retarded zoomers and looting corpses is part of the game loop on every fucking game these retards are obsessed with that isn't a MOBA or a mobile game money vacuum.

Mind you, shit like this isn't new of course, but it does crystallize everything that's gone wrong with video games these days. Part of that is the homogenization of games. Resident Evil can't just be Resident Evil anymore, it has to also be Call of Duty, Fallout 4 and System Shock. Doom can't be Doom anymore, it also needs to be Mario.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 pm

Guestfag wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:13 pm
They do that for gaymz?
No idea, which is why I posed it as a question.
They are heavily unionized in the states though so who knows. I don't think Troy Baker is in everything because he's cheap. It's more likely some contract shit with studios he works for or nepotism.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:38 pm
Nobody gives a shit about the box art you fucking autists, the problem is in the game design.
It's literally the first thing potential buyers are supposed to see. Sure, ths ain't that important
anymore in the days of digital distribution, but it's still no excuse for shitty box art.
Guest wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:38 pm
Mind you, shit like this isn't new of course, but it does crystallize everything that's gone wrong with video games these days. Part of that is the homogenization of games. Resident Evil can't just be Resident Evil anymore, it has to also be Call of Duty, Fallout 4 and System Shock. Doom can't be Doom anymore, it also needs to be Mario.
Does the game have a Battle Royale mode? Or some kinda deathmatch where one team plays the werewolves? That's gotta be a thing eventually.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 08, 2021 10:56 pm

Name a multiplayer Resident Evil that wasn't a massive flop.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 09, 2021 6:06 am

As if that would ever stop them from trying.
-Yours Truly