What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
wulfenlord

Re: What are you playing?

Post by wulfenlord » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:10 pm

Awesome! Gonna go for the suicide % speed run :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:41 pm

>luna is empty and yet the astronauts weren't bored
My absolute favourite argument from the PR team.
What is perhaps the most profound journey any human has ever made is hardly comparable to me parking my dumb ass on a couch and turning on an Xbox for two hours.

Space never feels scary even a single bit in Garfield. That's a big issue!
It does in Elite: Dangerous. Jumping between stars gets you uncomfortably close to the star. You feel a sense of the fuck-off scale of things.
Going a bit too hot in system at FTL speed and having a near miss with a planet of "just" 20k km feels like racing down a hill on a bike and missing a lantern post by a hand's width.

Space should be fucking terrifying and awesome (in the original meaning)!
Arriving at a black hole in Elite sent shudders down my spine! It's so immersive of a game.
Starfield is just inept.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:16 pm

Or how about playing a round of Kerbal Space Program and having your carefully planned moon landing take a turn for the interesting because one of the landing struts hit the ground slightly before the other ones and decided to break off.

(Thankfully I landed in a crater which I managed to use as a ramp for my gimped rocket, btw.)

But sadly we're talking about an engine that can barely handle a carriage without sperging out half the time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:55 pm

That's another thing: no vehicles! Bla bla engine limitations. I don't care and never will!
Bethesda is filthy rich. They can absolutely afford to hire five or so top tier code monkeys and park them in some office room with a nice coffee machine and just have them make a new engine for a few years. It'd file under miscellaneous costs like postage stamps and paperclips.

The astronauts weren't bored because they got to go dune riding in low gravity!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:16 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:39 am
Even the most remote planet or moon somehow has factories or small settlements on it
in real life.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 pm

Zey are all part of ze mighty Raumwaffe, jawohl!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:55 pm
Bethesda is filthy rich. They can absolutely afford to hire five or so top tier code monkeys and park them in some office room with a nice coffee machine and just have them make a new engine for a few years.
Rumor is that all tripple-A companies have created bloated development teams full of diversity hires and feminazi cunts who are completely incompetent and utterly useless.
All they do is taking credit for the work of the few good programmers left, who are instead overworked and underpaid.
Remembering that picture of the team behind those awful GTA remasters/remakes, i believe it:
A sea of smiling landwhales/Tumblrinas surrounding 1-2 guys who looked like they were about to put a shotgun in their mouths.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:02 pm

Complicity wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:42 pm
Rumor is that all tripple-A companies have created bloated development teams full of diversity hires and feminazi cunts who are completely incompetent and utterly useless.
Combined with an ever-increased derth of the old guard who actually know how shit is done.
I think Creative Assembly has like a handful tops who actually know their way around their engine.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:15 pm

Bugthesda have no reason to create anything other than modified shitty(er) versions of Skyrim, considering their games sell regardless.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 pm

Eh, I’d rather a remastered Oblivion, that was the series best in my opinion.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.