What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 am

Sanitarium is a great game but unfortunately it trickles off in the end. Most people agree that the game blows its load way too early with the amazing The Innocents Abandoned chapter

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:27 am

>blows its load way too early
Gotta agree on this one. I played Sanitarium and Harvester back to back and I still remember some stupid parts of Harvester, but the only things I remember about Sanitarium are the opening/ending.

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:52 pm

And the weird insect guy saying "grap".
It's a trap!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Great, now I have the urge to reinstall Sanitarium. Though the ending was meh/random/loose, the Circus and especially the Children of the pumpkin field episodes are one of a kind. I especially love the story that's crafted as you befriend the children. Every line of dialogue is better than the last, and actually spooky
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:16 pm

The village is peak creep, despite - or because - the creepy kids just act like regular kids. Also has one of the best hide-and-seek games.
The circus one starts off pretty strong with that nice view of a lake with corpses floating in it, but after that it's probably one of the tamer episodes.
Newhalf wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:52 pm
And the weird insect guy saying "grap".
He's a four-armed cyclopse. The insects are the bad guys.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Found a pretty neat game called ninjin: clash of carrots. Super cheap little indie game. It's a combination of a beat em up/hack and slash with a sort of shmup. The gimmick is you're always running, but you're running on a scrolling belt like a beat em up. You can slash with your ninjato or throw shuriken. The gameplay is about positioning yourself in the right place to deal damage without being hit. The game is very cute and has a nice visual style.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:42 am

Playing Supah Robotto Wars 30 and it's pretty good so far.
It seems bigger and less linear than the previous ones; not only you can choose between the usual boy or girl as the main character (i went with the gurl because this time around the guy looked like an uber faggot even by animu standards), but also to start on Earth or in space, and the game has a lot of quests and sub-quests that can be taken in the order you want (and i believe this affects the VN parts too, since some characters are going to be or not to be there).

The best thing so far is post-Char's Counterattack Amuro piloting the OG Gundam with a nice arrangement of the OG Gundam's theme:

And Bright fondly remembering the good old days of slapping him like a prostitute (seriously, it happens).

I like Gridman and the Majestic Prince's team taking the piss out of each other during battle, i don't like those twinks from Knight's & Magic instead of the Panzer World Galient's team and their sweet EuroX' theme.

More customization for the base/og spaceship, the graphics are still a downgrade compared to The Moon Dwellers.

ban

Post by ban » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:05 pm

Complicity wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:42 am
It seems bigger and less linear than the previous ones; not only you can choose between the usual boy or girl as the main character (i went with the gurl because this time around the guy looked like an uber faggot even by animu standards), but also to start on Earth or in space, and the game has a lot of quests and sub-quests that can be taken in the order you want (and i believe this affects the VN parts too, since some characters are going to be or not to be there).

The best thing so far is post-Char's Counterattack Amuro piloting the OG Gundam with a nice arrangement of the OG Gundam's theme:

And Bright fondly remembering the good old days of slapping him like a prostitute (seriously, it happens).

I like Gridman and the Majestic Prince's team taking the piss out of each other during battle, i don't like those twinks from Knight's & Magic instead of the Panzer World Galient's team and their sweet EuroX' theme.

More customization for the base/og spaceship, the graphics are still a downgrade compared to The Moon Dwellers.
>Picking the girl instead of Edg
>Claims the guy looks like a fag
What do you have against the R Rated Superstar, my guy? Don't like his mid-00s aesthetics? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget that even Ryoma and Kouji reminisce about how Bright used to keep Amuro in line with his "Iron Slap" :lol: but now that he's grown up, it doesn't work on him. Proving that Bright really is the best father figure in all of UC, making characters better one slap at a time. :lol:

Most of the money probably wen to Gridman, Galients and the Mazingers though given how much the animation is lacking in other departments and if the rumours are true, it's probably gonna be the last SRW with the current team that's been nearly 30 years with the series.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:18 pm

Never again will SRW be as glorious as the OG series.
Complicity wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:42 am
Maybe they borrowed a bit from SD Gundam G Generation. At least the ones that follow the individual series instead of a single crossover story are fairly non-linear.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:09 pm

Of course you'd go with that :lol:

They have done this before, the Masou Kishin games kinda followed this structure with their branching paths having basically remixed events that would either cost the player characters or upgrades or story etc due to playing out in different orders and the endings would differ as well, but no where near as free-forming as SRW30 does it.

https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wa ... lete_chart

https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wa ... Flow_Chart
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow