What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Bobito

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Bobito » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:23 pm
Not sure if you've heard this one already, but Super Robot Wars 30 is available as a pre-order on Steam.
No import, no VPN shenanigans. Just get it the regular gaijin way.
Based, I must check the whole list of series included anyway.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:55 pm

I'm mostly hyped for animu Gridman.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:24 pm

I'm unfamiliar with all the series which weren't in the previous 3 games already.
Damn, no Panzer World Galient, so i won't be able to gladly listen to this song for hours and hours until vomiting and passing out:

But i bet that Kamille, Judau and Silent Voice will be in this one too. At least Amuro pilots the og Gundam instead of the usual Char's Counterattack Gundam for a change.
EDIT Oh of course he pilots both. And the game will feature Sally as his battle theme, but not SRW V Sally.

I really hope that at least this time they will include this song as the battle theme for Shin Getter Robot The Last Day/Armageddon instead of the usual opening:

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:49 pm

I have recently reinstalled Streets of Peaceful Protests 4 to try the DLC "Mr.X Nightmare".
They have added alternate colors for all characters and 3 new playable ones (who are also bosses in the story mode), available from the start:
Max the wrestler, who plays exactly like in SoR2, Shiva, who was arguably the best character in the SoR Remake but here he kinda sucks cock (his basic and heavy attack have no range, he can't use weapons and throws them as soon as he picks them up, and his blitz move sends the enemies flying but also leaves him completely exposed), and the new cop lady who is even more OP than Saint Floyd and his giant metal arms (she's fast, all of her moves are devastating and each one of them will allow you to knock the enemy down at a different distance).
Mr.X Nightmare itself is a survival mode in which you will have to go through new randomized levels (retro and modern) with only 1 life and with some mild rpg progression, unlocking alternate moves for the characters usable both in it and in the story mode.
Not bad overall, but still no alternate routes nor unlockable outfits, even though they appear in their concept art.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 pm

I've seen some massive max cheese with the slide just like they do in speed runs. As far as the DLC I think it looks good, the endless mode was really needed.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:56 am

Survival mode dlc? Sounds lazy tbh.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:11 am

Well it has power ups like hades, so its a bit more than "survive lul".
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:48 pm

I wish there were more good space sims out there. Thinking about starting a thread to see what's around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... tion_games

This supposedly has everything, but I feel like there must be stuff in here I'm overlooking or not seeing. There should have been something better than Rogue Leader in the arcade/fighter pilot sim genre after all these years. I remember playing that shit when I was a teenager and it's still pretty much the best console space shooter. PC has Freespace 2 and PS1 had Colony Wars. Is that really all? Can't be.

Elite Dangerous is alright for space exploration, but it lacks that density that Rogue Leader had. The feeling of being dropped in the middle of a war and knowing that what you were doing was important.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:55 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:48 pm
PC has Freespace 2 and PS1 had Colony Wars. Is that really all? Can't be.
Pretty much. You have to consider that the genre of space combat sims has been pretty much dead since the last 20+ years. They just require too many hotkeys for consoles.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:02 pm

But that's my point! Even on PC, it seems like the genre is still dead! There are no key limitations on pc. You have Elite and Freespace 2 and that faggy EVE bullshit and that's all. Elite is half a good game and half boring as fuck. Freespace 2 is old just like Rogue Leader. Colony Wars is mega old and dumbed down compared to a pc game (but still fun.)

Is the genre really so dead that there's nothing else to compare? I will try Everspace but I already know it's more small-scale and I won't get to feel like a tiny part of a massive space battle.
RAPEMAN wrote: