What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Complicity » Fri May 24, 2024 8:02 pm

CryptMaster is still very good.
The automap only shows the outline of the room you are currently in; after the linear beginning one may need to draw the map even with the option on, to avoid getting lost/forgetting places of interest.
The combat becomes more and more like Typing of the Dead, because of the sheer number of skills and the length of their names.
The health bars of the heroes (their names) become longer while leveling up too, by figuring out the names of their skills.
Now that i've learned fishing (later on there's also an alchemy system) solving the skull riddles and guessing the content of chests have become completely optional as methods to find more letters for the skills; i'm still trying to solve all of them on my own, and some of them are very easy anyway.
For example: "Which word do you spell incorrectly?" - 11 letters.
I'm curious to see how Spoony is doing compared to me, but not enough to click on his videos.

In other news:

Way worse graphics than in CryptMaster.
A lot of pozzed portraits, but thankfully there are also decent looking ones, and you can create characters and also edit the ones you recruit from the tavern.
You can choose the pc or the console version of the dungeon, and between modern and old school options.
I never played the original, so i can't tell if the mechanics have been dumbed down in the old school version; i'd rather play the original or CrypMaster than this one.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 24, 2024 9:41 pm

Age of Empires 3

I can see why this one had a frostier reception than the previous Age titles. And why the Asian Dynasties was so well regarded. You have no idea what a breath of fresh air it is to not be stuck in fucking North America anymore.
And how much of a nimrod do you have to be to make an Age of Empires set in the era of line infantry and not make a Napoleon campaign?
In fact before the last DLC of the Definitive Edition there wasn't even a single random map set in Europe. Did the developers make some weird deal with the developers of Cossacks or something?

Also the objectively best civilization is China, for they have flamethrowers. It's like playing Skaven or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 24, 2024 10:09 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:10 pm
Grim Dawn doesn't have gay online requirements or any f2p shit in it. It's a complete game and it's huge with a large build variety.
Sounds ideal. I'm looking for something where I don't make an online account, don't play with other people and still get a full game experience.

Also considering Titan Quest.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 25, 2024 4:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:09 pm
Also considering Titan Quest.
Had quite a bit of fun with my klessik Hoplite build.

Mind you the Anniversary DLC is not quite as polished as the OG stuff, and even the OG expansion had a bit of weirdness, at least if you get as triggered by "Hades is evil" plots as I am.
Plus I really love Grim Dawn additions like the factions and constellations, which just aren't in this.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 25, 2024 1:11 pm

Nox won't boot from GoG. Welp. Guess I won't be playing that unless I want to tweak my PC's settings.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 25, 2024 2:58 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 1:11 pm
Nox won't boot from GoG. Welp. Guess I won't be playing that unless I want to tweak my PC's settings.
Dude, it took me like 10 seconds to find something for you.
Also here's some more shit about problems and their potential solutions.
-Yours Truly

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sat May 25, 2024 5:53 pm

>everyone tells him to play grim dawn
>plays fucking nox instead

At least you could have played ShadowFlare.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 25, 2024 8:41 pm

Complicity wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 5:53 pm
>everyone tells him to play grim dawn
>plays fucking nox instead
I'm planning to get Grim Dawn. I was thinking I'd wait until one of the big sales hits on steam or gog. My computer is also trash, so I'm more inclined to try old stuff first in hopes it will run on my potato.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 2:58 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 1:11 pm
Dude, it took me like 10 seconds to find something for you.
Also here's some more shit about problems and their potential solutions.
Thanks man, I'll try this. I tried googling my problem but only found gog threads of dudes bitching about the game not launching and people telling them to change a bunch of different aspects of their PC's settings.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sun May 26, 2024 9:07 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:41 pm
I was thinking I'd wait until one of the big sales hits on steam or gog.
It's pretty cheap over here:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 26, 2024 11:33 pm

Archive.org has a lot of stuff I didn't expect to see. Diablo 1 + expansion is a direct download there and uses the gog release. Even gives you the gog promo popup while it's installing. 3 discs of Titan Quest are on there too. I'm guessing the newer games don't get posted to archive.org, but I was surprised how much I could find there. I guess Jizzard isn't pursuing lawsuits against archival websites.
RAPEMAN wrote: