What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 20, 2024 5:12 pm

Plus crafting rewards you with much superior wardrobe for the waifu in the party, so you're not forced to stare at some weird gypsy cosplay for the entire playthrough.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 23, 2024 1:00 pm

So what's the current best looter action rpg in the biz? I've been craving a little hack and slash, mindless grinding. Downloaded Torchlight 2 and it's alright. Atmosphere, characters and classes are pretty whatever. None of the classes really speak to me. The gunner is fun but again, generic. I prefer class systems where you feel the limitations and strengths of the classes strongly.

Am I best off finding a pirated copy of D2/D2 remake? I don't think I want to fuck with any free2pay type of games. I'd rather buy/pirate a full experience.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Thu May 23, 2024 1:27 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:00 pm
So what's the current best looter action rpg in the biz?
Grim Dawn. The rest is an inferior Grim Dawn.
Last Epoch in particular is just Diablo 3 with a skill tree or two.
rabidtictac wrote:
Downloaded Torchlight 2 and it's alright.
The first 3 acts are decent, act 4 is complete dogshit and once you beat the game there's no replayability.
The first was mostly a copy of Diablo 1, this one in a shittier Diablo 2 - the mage of the first game is the Dark Wanderer.
Don't even bother with 3 - woke mobile trash.
rabidtictac wrote:
Am I best off finding a pirated copy of D2/D2 remake?
Absolutely not.
It's just Diablo 2 with a shitty HD skin that can be turned on and off.
I'm not saying it just because of the Ma'Amazon; everything and everyone looks older and uglier.
Grim Dawn is better than Diablo 2.

If you plan to start Grim Dawn in veteran and/or hardcore mode, start stacking resistances on that equipment of yours; the monsters after Warden Krieg will start insta-killing you otherwise.
Last edited by Complicity on Thu May 23, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu May 23, 2024 1:30 pm

Last Epoch is OK, I guess. I have been enjoying it, and the first new league/season/cycle drops next month or early July, I don't remember. It allows for offline play, so you are not completely dependent on live service gaming to enjoy it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 23, 2024 2:08 pm

Grim Dawn all the way.

If you're into 40k then Inquisitor - Martyr is pretty fun. A bit too unorthodox at times, though (unless your class learns some kind of magic all your active abilities are tied to the gear you're wearing. Your perks and skills are purely passive in nature).
The developers are also working on an offline mode, and you can already pick any season they've released when making a new character.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu May 23, 2024 4:45 pm

I'd pick Wolcen over Grim Dawn, but that's just subjective, both are somewhat similar.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Thu May 23, 2024 6:31 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 4:45 pm
I'd pick Wolcen over Grim Dawn, but that's just subjective, both are somewhat similar.
In the same way that Starfield and Kingdom Come Deliverance are somewhat similar.

Wolcen is a dumbed down Last Epoch; LE offers 5 different characters that can be built in 3 different ways each, Wolcen has 1 character that can be built in 3 different ways.
The dialogues of Wolcen are peak Reddit/Whedon cringe - i remember a cutscene in which the protag is attacked by his/her sister who believes he/she's possessed; in order to dissuade her the protag says "you are a dork!".

Grim Dawn is similar to Titan Quest, to the point that i should check if the developers are the same.
It offers the same amount of builds and possibilities as Path of Exile, but you don't have to payfag in order to make your character look good, because GD's transmog system is similar to WoW's.
Another thing similar to WoW is that the game has factions with their own reputation and rewards.
Grim Dawn is also, as far as i know, the only game of its kind that offers moral choices that change the outcome of quests.
For example after a while you discover that a NPC in the first camp is a traitor; if you spare him and let him escape in exchange for a reward, he'll come back later as a boss.
In another quest you have to choose between two blacksmiths to invite to your camp; one is specialized in traditional weapons and armors while the other in magic items.
In another you are sent by a dying miner to avenge him by killing his murderer, only to discover that the dying miner attempted to rape his daughter, and you can choose what to do.
There are a lot of quests like these in a game that supposedly is a Diablo clone.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 23, 2024 6:40 pm

The game certainly encourages to take slightly different decision with each difficulty run.
Complicity wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 6:31 pm
Grim Dawn is similar to Titan Quest, to the point that i should check if the developers are the same.
They are. GD's Crate Entertainment is largely comprised of former employees of TQ's Iron Lore Entertainment.
It's just a bit confusing because TQ's Anniversary Edition is under a different management.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu May 23, 2024 8:52 pm

In theory you can get visuals in PoE for free, as long as you fulfill each league's challenges, you get a full set of transmogs for your characters and they usually look nice. The real money sink is in stash tabs, though.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 24, 2024 6:10 pm

Grim Dawn doesn't have gay online requirements or any f2p shit in it. It's a complete game and it's huge with a large build variety.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!