What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Complicity » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:23 pm
It's also utterly demolished by the simultaneously released Soysona 3: Recensor (now with 80% less tranny jokes!)
And 100% less Vic Mignogna, i bet.
Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:13 pm
That one looks good Complicity, it’s weird that it launched right about the same time I got on this kick
Speaking of coincidences, Linda Cube Again in English just dropped:
https://cdromance.com/
This site has the pre-patched ROMs for the PSP and Playstation 1.

Linda Cube Again is a monster catching JRPG with, shall we say, extra steps:

The patch has subtitles for the cutscenes too.

The game is set on an alien colony called Neo-Kenya, which is going to be destroyed by a meteorite in 8 years, and the protagonist has to put a male and a female of each species on a sci-fi ark sent literally by the god of the natives before that happens.
There are 3 scenarios, which are 3 alternative versions of the story:
The first one has a horror plot involving a cult of people dressed like Santa, the main antagonist is the twin brother of the protag, who has to save 30 species.
The second is also horror, involves an Austrian painter turned mad scientist, and you have to save 50 species.
The third has no horror elements, the twin brother is now a supporting character and you have to save all the species in the game.

The monster capturing happens when you defeat them in combat, the protagonist develops survival-ish skills while leveling up, like the ability to camp in the world map and turn the surplus of captured animals into weapons and armors.
I don't understand how the time limit works in this game; considering what the NPCs tell me i'm afraid the clock simply will keep advancing outside the pause screen.
Supposedly the more time passes, the more the settlements and cities will become empty and abandoned because more and more people will leave the planet.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:19 am

I wish more monster games sounded as based :lol:
Complicity wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 am
And 100% less Vic Mignogna, i bet.
With a black guy, no less.
Though tbf they've apparently replaced the whole English cast. Guess they didn't want to pay too much money for this.

If you ask me this is still problematic af because there are too many non-Japanese VAs in a game featuring nothing but Nips in Nipland.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:02 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:19 am
Though tbf they've apparently replaced the whole English cast. Guess they didn't want to pay too much money for this.
Faglus nearly twenty years too late realized smart people switch off English voices and played P3 undubbed.
They cucked me out of Mamiko Noto which I'll never forgive them for.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:37 pm

Complicity wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 am
Linda Cube Again in English just dropped
I wish it was just an anime instead. I played Saturn version (which is less censored and has more con͏tents̴ ) some time ago but got bored rather quickly due to your typical JRPG grind. The main dev (Masuda) is famous for Linda Cube and Tengai Makyo series but I think Metal Max is the best series he was (semi-)involved.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:31 pm

Soysoner 3 remaster is a stupid idea. Let's remake a ps2 game but leave out a shitload of the extra content so we can sell it as DLC later, thus ensuring this new "remaster" is actually inferior to both Fes and Portable. AFAIK, the launch version of pissona 3 remake has neither The Answer (no big loss-it's shit) nor the female playable character/extra social links from Portable.

This coming after they already re-released Portable for modern systems recently.

Need I even mention that Pissona 3 is mediocre? I like it more than Pissona 4 and 5, but that's not saying much. But at least if Soyga/Atlus wanted to remake P3, they could have included the content from both versions to create a "golden" edition with the remake. I know they'll do that eventually... But they're going to charge out the ass. They're charging full price for this "new" version of vanilla P3, and then they'll charge separate DLC fees to add back in The Answer and the bitch protagonist. Such a scummy move. Reminds me of when FF7 was broken up into multiple game releases by Squeenix, because gosh dang it, we just need to spend SO MUCH extra time in Midgard, guys! Look at all this "extra content" we added (padding) to justify the increased price tag! Sure, you could buy FF7 for practically nothing on a steam sale, but why not instead spend like 300 fucking dollars on the shitty remake trilogy?

Can't wait for when Chrono Trigger gets remade into a 10-part release.

I've actually been kinda tempted to buy one of the shitty new pixel remasters of FF2 or FF3. FF3 because I never played that one in 2d (the 3d release was garbage) and FF2 because I like FF2. And no, I'm not talking about FF2 US or FF3 US. I mean FF2, the one everyone else hates because they have garbage taste. But the problem with these pisshell remasters is they lack a bunch of the content from the PSP versions, and they also kinda have inferior visuals/art direction compared to those psp versions. I guess I still might spring for FF3 pixel, since even the emulation choices aren't great. FF3 is really the only one "worth" getting, because the others have all had PSP or GBA remakes that were superior to what the pisshell remasters offer.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:32 pm

Just get an used PSP, jailbreak it if isn't already, then play the PSP versions on native hardware.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:09 pm

Yeah, you can find a Japanese PSP on eBay for cheap. I got two for less than fifty each, although it's the 1000 with the dog shit backlight.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm

The easiest to jailbreak though, if I remember correctly.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:29 pm

I think they're all pretty easy to jailbreak now.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:10 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:31 pm
AFAIK, the launch version of pissona 3 remake has neither The Answer (no big loss-it's shit) nor the female playable character/extra social links from Portable.
Does it at least include the changes and addition that FES added to the main portion of the game?
Can't wait for when Chrono Trigger gets remade into a 10-part release.
I've also heard they're planning on remaking FF6, so you can expect a game base don the prologue (aka when Terra is still in a mecha) in about 12 years.
And no, I'm not talking about FF2 US or FF3 US. I mean FF2, the one everyone else hates because they have garbage taste.
Plebs don't like FF2 aka Proto-SaGa because it's too weird. Their minds can't comprehend it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette