What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:56 pm

I think one of the main issues with 4 is that it directly competes with 2 period-wise, and you're not gonna beat 2 at its own game.
And maybe it's just me, but the graphics look like some cheap F2P thingie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:02 pm

Yeah, it's some odd graphics style that looks a tiny bit cellshaded or drawn or something? A bit like the SF IV trailers back then.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:25 am

Civvie came out with a video calling Boltgun a DOOM 2016-like, saying that it's not actually a boomer shooter. Interesting.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:25 am
Civvie
Did he cry about GaymurGayte and Orange Man, and played a couple of Michael Keaton's "NICE FUCKING MODEL!" memes?
Fuckface's dumb, and his videos suck.

Boltgun is nothing like Nu-Doom, i've recently completed act 2 and the absence of a map made me run in circles multiple times, because the levels are complex, diverse and require backtracking.
The more i go on the harder the game is, i don't know if i would have been able to survive the second fight with the Chaos Sorcerer, The Great Unclean One and a section in which i had to run through a sewer and past a sea of Nurglins and Plague Toads while the ceiling was collapsing on me, if i didn't find secret vortex grenades.
This is the first time i truly enjoy a FPS since the 90's.

Another one of his shitty takes, like FuCk hExEn!!! mE DoN't LiKE PuZzLeS!!
How about fuck you, genetic dead end?
If you keep with the virtue signaling, maybe you'll be able to lose your virginity to Jim sterling.
Maybe he would have called it a boomer shooter if it was a steaming pile of shite like his beloved Rise of the Triad.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:20 pm

I assume the "It's just like Doom 2016!" comes from both games letting you restore health by murdering shit in melee? In that case whoever claimed this seems to have a severe lack in reference material.

It's like you take some bloke who has only played Dynasty Warriors and ask him what Devil May Cry reminds him of. Of course he's gonna give you a stupid answer.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:20 pm
I assume the "It's just like Doom 2016!" comes from both games letting you restore health by murdering shit in melee?
You can't do that in Boltgun; melee attacks are used either to reposition, or to save ammo against cultists.
Sometimes you will enter an area that looks empty, and then swarms of enemies will teleport around you.
I assume that that's what prompted the moron to claim the whole game was an arena-corridor deal.
And running/jumping in circles like you have to do in Nu-Doom's arenas is the best way to die in Boltgun Exterminatus; i always snipe from afar and/or find and exploit choke points.
Isn't the exploitation of choke points a thing in 40k and Space Hulk after all?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:47 pm

Must've fucked up my research, then.

Choke points in 40k? Depends in the actual terrrain distribution on the table, but it's generally pretty open with buildings and cover thrown in for good measure. And depending on who you're fighting you might get flying enemies, teleporting enemies or deep-striking enemies (aka units held in reserve who effectively teleport onto the table), so don't count on it.
Choke point in Space Hulk? Absolutely. The whole board is comprised of rooms separated by corridors so small you can only go through them single-file.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:49 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:25 am
Civvie came out with a video calling Boltgun a DOOM 2016-like, saying that it's not actually a boomer shooter. Interesting.
Saw the video recommended. Saw "Nu-Doom" in the title and though that he doesn't have the right to use the term as the ultra TDS cuckold that he is. Fuck that massive faggot!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:26 pm

I've kind of been wanting to play more dungeon crawlers. Aside from SMT games, I haven't played that many. Certainly not of the classics, as we never had a good PC growing up and I didn't play PC games until much later. I've heard this genre called many different things. Dungeon crawlers. Blobbers. DRPGs. Whatever.

What are your favorites and which do you consider essential playing? My preference would definitely be for turn based rather than real-time combat.

I do have Wizardry on my list.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:33 pm

Wizardry is a good choice, especially if you're already familiar with JRPG dungeon crawlers. Those Nips loved Wizardry so much, they not just borrowed from it, but also just continued the franchise.

Might & Magic is also a klessik.
-Yours Truly