What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 27, 2023 8:40 pm

Oh well, EDF5 took like 2 years to join the PC Gaming Master Race. 4 even took 3 years, so I'm still optimistic.
And near as I can tell the last Switch port was Japan-exclusive. How well does EDF4 run on that thing, anyways?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 27, 2023 11:13 pm

Pretty odd that they are so cautious with the releases to the west. There can't be all that much translation needed and publishing costs are almost entirely gone.
EDF has a cult following here. There used to always be a cyclical thread on /v/ for it. Monster Hunter used to be a niche title as well and just look how that blew up.
Now, EDF won't ever make MonHun numbers but it surely would be financially viable. They could easily go for digital only release.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 28, 2023 1:00 am

There is literally no fucking translation needed to release EDF 2-4 on the Switch. The localization work has already been done. All the translated files or whatever already exist. You could probably do it yourself by just swapping some files around. Just take the vita versions of the games and grab all the localized dialogue and writing. Then go into the japanese switch versions of the games and paste to the relevant areas. Maybe it would be more involved than that but my point is, the work was already done once. No need to duplicate it. Take the vita versions of 2 and 3, and the ps4 version of 4.1, and copy that localization work over to the japan-exclusive Switch versions. Then release the now-translated and localized EDF 2-4 on the fucking switch.

Yeah, the switch version supposedly runs like dogshit, but that's kinda the point. EDF games are better at higher frame rates of course, but EDF fans won't complain about the massive slowdown like other gamers will. Shit framerates in EDF are kind of charming.

Maybe EDF couldn't be the next Monster Hunter, but it has historically done very well in the West and could do even better if given the chance. The impression I get, however, is that the IP holders/developers/publishers are not interested in pursuing or prioritizing the global market. We get the cast-offs years later because we're inferior roundeyes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 28, 2023 4:35 pm

AoW4's story realms are pretty fun so far. No idea how randomized they are, but they don't feel quite as annoying as the campaigns in AoW3.
The 4th mission was pretty lulzy. OG antagonist (he got better) Meandor has gone weird (again) and decided to resurrect his dad (again), because that never made shit hit the fan before.
Map was swarming with undead, so make your best Deus Vult build (mostly Order tomes with that one Chaos tome that gives you flame enhancements).
Beat up some free city, explore some wonder (pretty easy since you don't even have to fight anything if you have enough Deus Vult), beat up Daddy Inioch (again) and finally beat up some spider bitch (who is from AoW2 I think?).
The spider bitch looked like she had quite the army, but she mostly threw herself at my only ally and got herself killed all the time.
Thinks got a bit dicey when I had to march through Meandor's domain to get to the spider bitch, and the fucker decided to declare war on me. Thankfully managed to kick his ass even though he had like twice as many stacks.
Also there was some weird bitch in the south west which I should've eradicated early on, since all she did was shit-talk me and start a war, only to grovel for peace when I grabbed her capital.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon May 29, 2023 2:14 pm

Sifu master difficulty.

I got the normal ending, with some deaths in the last stage. Master difficulty Yang is just too much even though maybe probably I can git gut, also it helps he is still vulnerable to some cheese (backfist).

Crippled Grandma (who is based on one armed kung-fu vs flying guillotine btw) was the biggest problem outside Yang because she has a new un-blockable bonk attack now, but I got used to it. First stage Sandnigger guy too got a significant buff with some nasty 50/50 attacks, but he is still vulnerable to backward dick punch, it's actually not that bad.

Overall, I don't even feel like trying a pacifist run/10.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon May 29, 2023 4:59 pm

I finished the first act (of 3) of Boltgun after two major bosses - the Lord of Change and the Sorcerer.
I'm starting to believe that the first levels were designed to lull the player into a false sense of security - now it's wave after wave of Screamers of SsethTzeentach coming at you from the sky in every direction, while Exalted Flamers shoot giant fireballs at you from every direction, while dealing with assorted mixes of Horrors, cultists and marines, while Aspiring Champions charge at you, hit in melee like trucks and resurrect as Chosen Champions if you don't manage to destroy their bodies with the final blow.
The final battle with the Sorcerer would have been harder than the Lord of Change if health and shield bonuses didn't keep respawning on the ramps of the warped cathedral he was in.
The second act start in a desertic canyon, you start without most of the weapons you got in act 1, and it's Nurglins, Plague Toads and Plague Drones all over the place.
I've installed Dusk to compare the two (in windowed mode and with autorun disabled i have no issues), and i would say that Exterminatus is definitely harder than I can take it, but maybe projectiles are slightly slower and less damaging than in Cero Miedo.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 29, 2023 5:51 pm

>Flamers of SsethTzeentach
I miss the days when they were literal mushroom birds.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue May 30, 2023 2:34 pm

So this was released two months ago:

https://wow-hc.com/

Private servers that offer the hardcore challenge have been around for many years, like the Redditlicious Turtle WoW, or the classless Ascension, but hardcore has become such a fad that an entire server dedicated to the permadeath challenge is now around.
Apparently the challenge will stay even after you reach lvl60, and you'll have 1 life even in raids.

Will you accept the challenge and enter the Olympus of the permavirgins, or fail miserably like these cucks?

0:39 Waiting for a cock, bud?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue May 30, 2023 3:22 pm

>hardcore
>online
>full of bugs

Yeah, no way I'd ever consider playing this.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 30, 2023 3:28 pm

Griefer's paradise!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!