What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Complicity

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:19 am

Build the base during the day phase and fight off hordes of monsters in turn based combat during the night phase:

It's a good game as long as you are willing to ignore the Reddit tier puns that the heroes say from time to time while performing aoe kills, and that the soybun and feminazi haircuts are among the customization options (there are also some nice alternatives that let you create mutant elves, for example).
I don't know why, with this setting and this music

the developers didn't keep the tone completely serious like with Darkest Dungeon, but the answer it's obviously because they are bugmen.

The game is a (((Roguelite))), meaning that permanent unlocks > strategy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:27 am

Inti Creates had to rebrand its Portrait-of-Ruin-clone Grim Guardians into Gal Guardians because someone already had a copyright for something that sounds similar to the former.
Oh well, at least they made the connection with Gal*Gun more obvious. The perfect excuse to delve into this wonderful franchise.
Complicity wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:19 am
It's a good game as long as you are willing to ignore the Reddit tier puns that the heroes say from time to time while performing aoe kills
Can you turn off voices/non-relevant text blurbs completely? Problem fixed.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:27 am
Inti Creates had to rebrand its Portrait-of-Ruin-clone Grim Guardians into Gal Guardians because someone already had a copyright for something that sounds similar to the former.
Oh well, at least they made the connection with Gal*Gun more obvious. The perfect excuse to delve into this wonderful franchise.
Well, my pirated copy still has the Grim Guardians title.
It's more of a Rondo/Bloodstained Curse of the moon clone than a Portrait of Ruin clone; linear stages with secrets that can be accessed only by replaying them with unlocked abilities.
Still very UwU, especially with the jap voices.
I like that you get extra lives with the experience points you get by killing enemies.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:42 am

It's mostly the tag team system that reminds me of PoR.
Please don't bring up Castlevania 3. That one has clearly more than 2 characters :ugeek:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:28 am

Basically first person perma-death Diablo. EA but pretty much a finished product. Moderately recommended even though it's kinda hard.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:22 am

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:52 pm

It's supposedly as good as the Resident Evil 2 remake, with the tone of a horror rather than the one of an action game (and that's the only thing i didn't like about the original) and Peter-kun being able to perform stealth kills, finishers and parries with the knife.
We'll see.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:21 pm

I remain very skeptical. RE4 never needed remaking, as no element of RE4 can really be called outdated or broken. It's not a very scary game but it doesn't need to be, with action that compelling.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 pm

RE4 is (relatively) old, aka problematic. Didn't some recent port censor shit?

And I wouldn't mind a full RE animu in this style.
-Yours Truly

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:23 pm