Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 24, 2022 4:14 pm

It seems that including the "Game Writing" category in 2018 was a mistake. Who else won that travesty before, anyways?
  • 2018: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (with God of War being a nominee)
  • 2019: The Outer Worlds (with the Fate Retard Toolkit being a nominee)
  • 2020: Hades
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Wed May 25, 2022 6:06 am

Nebula Award kinda sounds like a fancier word for Fart Award. That even kinda rhymes.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 25, 2022 7:31 am

The writer of a popular series of old-school megadungeons might be facing cancellations after committing wrongthink in his latest Kickstarter
If you enjoy an adventure steeped in the history and lore of the game, medieval fantasy, dwarves, and Anglo-Saxon history - and devoid of woke nonsense - this will be right up your alley.
Choosing a more balanced ideology than wokism doesnt make someone right wing.
I’m committed to making games devoid of that kind of ideology.
My politics ARENT part of my games. That’s the point. Nor will other types of politics get shoehorned in.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:06 am
Nebula Award kinda sounds like a fancier word for Fart Award. That even kinda rhymes.
Used to be an important Sci-fi award. Last time it was relevant, Clinton was still president.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 26, 2022 11:59 am

I think the Left's desire to put manifestos in their elfgames is getting out of hand. Now they even do this to game jams.

So, encouraging people to make some shitty OSR supplement (aka anything mostly compatible with an older version of D&D, by which they generally mean one of the dozen or so permutations of Basic D&D) for June. Fine and dandy, right?

It starts off a bit weird with a lengthy "What is an OSR?" section, as if this would be of any interest to anyone not familiar with OSR.

Why do I know this is some Leftist stuff? Just a hunch
WHAT ARE THE RULES? wrote:Be kind to yourself and others, and keep yourself and your work free of bigotry and hate.
Awww, but I hate myself :(

The Left and the OSR movement is always a touchy subject, since they are also of the opinion that OSR is one of the last hives of racism and misogyny in the hobby.
Or, in their words:
WHAT IF I'M A NAZI? wrote:Then you can fuck off.
If you're the kind of person that the above statement offends, you can fuck off.
But these fuckers go one step beyond "You are not allowed to play my elfgame if you're a bigot!" by indulging in defamation of other OSR writers they don't like;
If you're the kind of person that pals around with wannabe culture vulture white supremacists like RPG Pundit, wannabe satanist christian conservative transphobes like Venger Satanis, rape apologists like GrimJim, or are one of the libertarian dweebs that do free PR for the above, you can also fuck off.
:roll:
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu May 26, 2022 1:06 pm

Somehow their "NAZIS FUCK OFF" is much less convincing than when the Dead Kennedys screamed it. Mostly, I think, because their shows had a real problem with skinheads showing up and causing trouble.

EDIT: and they had the perfect response for the Current Year /pol/ack:
In a real Fourth Reich you'll be the first to go

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 26, 2022 3:59 pm

And you gotta love the juxtaposition between "Be kind to yourself and others :3" and "Fuck you, you and especially YOU!!!"
-Yours Truly

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Thu May 26, 2022 4:18 pm

Exactly the kind of professionalism I have come to expect.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:50 pm

Turns out the only good D&D movie that ever was and ever will be is a fucking car commercial from Brazil.

(And if you think Burgers will ever treat the cartoon with this much respect, they already have new and "improved" miniatures "inspired" by the klessik designs - except all the gingers are no longer gingers, and the black chick got your typical "desexualized" wardrobe "upgrade")
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:36 pm

For a Renault piece of shit, no less. :D

It was made during better times, when nostalgia still trumped over wokeness and they were more worried about honoring the classics instead of updating it to be "more inclusive" (aka "filling it with niggers and trannies").