What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 pm

Surely the Tony Taka Shining games are carrying on the classic legacy
SpoilerShow
:^)

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:52 am

ban wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 pm
Pet peeve of mine but I fucking hate First Person RPGs with a goddamn passion. The only one I give a pass to is Lost Heroes since it tricks you into thinking it's FP but it's that way so you can see the emchas and heroes attacking the enemies without doing excessive camera working and navigating the dungeons easier. I had a real hard time playing Wizardry because of this but no other RPG deserves to be played over that.

Played some Golden Sun the other day. I really miss Camelot RPGs...I really miss the SHining series as well.
I definitely prefer third-person RPGs aesthetically, but it's just a sad fact of life that most of the SMT games are first-person since that's cheaper to make. They don't have to model 300ish demons, or however many they're up to now, in 3d. They just take the concept art and make it jiggle back and forth a little bit, animate a few slashing FX for attacks and they're done. I'm positive it's done for cost reasons.

I mean, what games even exist that follow the SMT mold (gameplay-wise), but individually model all the demons so that you can see them all in battle? SMT 3: Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2, Raidou games I guess, and the Cyber Sleuth digimon games. Can't think of many others. And most rpgs for the 3ds that focus on dungeon exploration look like etrian odyssey or strange journey.

The Camelot rpg I really miss is Mario Tennis for the gba.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:24 am

Lost Heroes does circumvent the problem by animating only your characters to avoid that :

https://youtu.be/7uLscqXxgaE?t=677

And it was made on practically zero budget, a hamburger, a used floss and the good will of several /m/en, compared to an actual budget Atlus had. Atlus has been stuck doing it for years on end though, without ever changing something, much less how the demons you can get can affect the player which is something that really needs to be at least adressed a bit. I don't expect the class system from Golden Sun but something that goes beyond Nocturne will be much appreciated. That kind of criticism goes for a lot of other FP-RPGs as well, unfortunately.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:28 am

That game looks great, but I don't speak nip.

I forgot to mention, but yeah, another issue is Atlus are lazy. They're still laboring under the assumption that only 12 people or so will buy their games here in the west. This despite the fact Persona 5 was a fucking massive release over here.

Sure, Persona is their pleb normie version of SMT, but still. A lot of people (normies) get sucked into mainline SMT from the persona series. I didn't, but that's because I have better taste than normies. I started with Nocturne/DDS. 8-)
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:12 am

Yeah, even if you did have a fanlation you'd need to know about the DEEP LORE(aka the names of the villains) of the series present in Lost Heroes to fully enjoy it relatively simple story of those who saw the series.

>Implying that playing Persona 2 and killing Hitler-kun because he's a cuck who whores himself out to Nyarlahotep just to have top tier demons and equipment isn't top tier taste
For shame tictac. :lol:

I got sucked in due to Raidou Kuzunoha, wtf does that make me? :lol:

Fatlus also operates under the false pretenses that only Persona matters anymore because of le ebin maymays in the west and because nobody cares about satanism and edgyness now that Kozy and the other guy left while Kaneko is getting high in his own flower patch, so they ignore it but they are too much o a bitch to ask help from SEGA, even when SEGA has offered them help in the form of staff previously. Doesn't help that whatever Fatlus wants to touch nowadays ends up like Tokyo Mirage Sessions. The only thing I have any hope for is that Persona 5 Strikers game made by the people who did Toukiden and Dragon Quest Heroes, is good. So, somebody else has to take the seires out Fatlus hands to make it good again, like the Overclock games.

At this point, our only hope is for Nagoshi to extend his tiger-punching hands and make a Shin Megami Tensei Ga Gotoku / SMT : Like a Kuzunoha game or some shit to revitalize that part of the series.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 am

SMT will be saved with Jack Bros. 2.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:40 am

ban wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:12 am
Yeah, even if you did have a fanlation you'd need to know about the DEEP LORE(aka the names of the villains) of the series present in Lost Heroes to fully enjoy it relatively simple story of those who saw the series.

>Implying that playing Persona 2 and killing Hitler-kun because he's a cuck who whores himself out to Nyarlahotep just to have top tier demons and equipment isn't top tier taste
For shame tictac. :lol:

I got sucked in due to Raidou Kuzunoha, wtf does that make me? :lol:

Fatlus also operates under the false pretenses that only Persona matters anymore because of le ebin maymays in the west and because nobody cares about satanism and edgyness now that Kozy and the other guy left while Kaneko is getting high in his own flower patch, so they ignore it but they are too much o a bitch to ask help from SEGA, even when SEGA has offered them help in the form of staff previously. Doesn't help that whatever Fatlus wants to touch nowadays ends up like Tokyo Mirage Sessions. The only thing I have any hope for is that Persona 5 Strikers game made by the people who did Toukiden and Dragon Quest Heroes, is good. So, somebody else has to take the seires out Fatlus hands to make it good again, like the Overclock games.

At this point, our only hope is for Nagoshi to extend his tiger-punching hands and make a Shin Megami Tensei Ga Gotoku / SMT : Like a Kuzunoha game or some shit to revitalize that part of the series.
I was thinking about getting those games actually. They look alright. At first, the art style and weebshitter teens turned me off, but the gameplay seems like a mix of FFT and classic megaten. So I'll give it a shot.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 am

Yasuda's antigravity boob drawings = bad.
Niggers = good.
The mind of a forum moderator.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:07 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:28 am
I started with Nocturne/DDS. 8-)
I stumbled upon the SMT 1 translation on Nigger Zhi's website before Nocturne was out in my country and after reading Devilman.
Never cared about Persona, but i liked 3 and (kinda) 5.
Thank God for the jap audio so i don't have to listen to Cockless Douglas' voice.
4 has the alcoholic feminist hag's voice in it, and features a Doraemon clone, so fuck it
ban wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:12 am
That would be swell

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:08 am

Started with Nocturne, though I was not quite mature enough to fully appreciate it at that time.
Also I like Teddy beary much.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette