Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Youtube

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:08 pm

So the church I work at streams the Sunday Service every week via Facebook. My job is to download those streams and upload them to YouTube.
The thing that sucks is that the stupid music copyright algorithm gets (falsely) triggered whenever they perform songs. Both on Facebook and YouTube. Facebook is more likely to mute the offending section completely, whereas YouTube monitizes the video for the alleged copyright holder. Is this something I can fight? Should I fight it? I don't want to do something that would backfire and send my employer to court.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:24 pm

You can dispute the claims. You're not asking us to do your job for you, are you?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:44 pm

It won't send him to court, but it could get his channel suspended because of copyright strikes. You can dispute the claims but make sure to explain your employer what's happening, so he can decide what to do (change the repertoire of music or take legal action within the DMCA).
Last edited by Le Redditeur on Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:45 pm

Is your employer looking to make money off these streams? Cause if not, I wouldn't really bother

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:30 pm

McGinnis wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:45 pm
Is your employer looking to make money off these streams? Cause if not, I wouldn't really bother
I don't think so. I just set up the channel, so there's no subscribers. He would need a ton of them to get monetized.
It's the fucking muting that pisses me off. I'm just trying to look out for whatever's best for him and his channel. I believe that if a video suddenly went mute, people would click away to something else.

Those algorithms are legitimately fucked up and they false-flag anything with music in it. I guess I can see why the INs are so pissy about algorithms.

EDIT: It's mostly Facebook that does the false-flag music muting. It gives you ZERO info on what you allegedly "stole" and gives you ZERO options to challenge the finding.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:35 pm

But the ones that keep whining about muh algorithm are either butthurt because they refuse to acknowledge that their interpretation of Fair Use is problematic at best, or because the evil algorithm doesn't magically generate the millions of views that they so rightfully deserve.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:27 pm

The DMCA is a broken piece of legislation, which is why these automated copyright algorithms are applied so aggressively. INs are not in the wrong to complain about them, although they're usually wrong about how they should totally be able to do commentary over footage without infringing copyright.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:13 pm

Holy fuck I need this NEET style job.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:31 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:24 pm
You're not asking us to do your job for you, are you?
He was told that you do something for free.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:35 am

They actually copyright strike Christfag church songs?