Videos worth watching

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Videos worth watching

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:20 pm

The stop motion, even in it's original form, has aged better than plenty of CGI. Especially for monsters it adds to the eerie feel for them to move slightly unnatural.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:33 pm

And it works especially well on things like skellymen or animated statues. It's just hard to beat effects that actually existed IRL (even when it was much smaller than on the screen).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:38 pm

I honestly prefer the stop motion in its original form. It meshes a lot better in the movie with its unnatural twisting and movements, while the smoothness of the humans isn't insanely unnatural. Ideally, if they could shoot the stop motion in 120 and lay it on the 24fps movie to get the humans to have that "tangible motion" instead of that super fake smoothness the 120 fps produces, I'd be great. Then again, even at 60FPS the stop motion and puppetry can look cool.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:40 pm

-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:00 am

ban wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:38 pm
I honestly prefer the stop motion in its original form. It meshes a lot better in the movie with its unnatural twisting and movements, while the smoothness of the humans isn't insanely unnatural. Ideally, if they could shoot the stop motion in 120 and lay it on the 24fps movie to get the humans to have that "tangible motion" instead of that super fake smoothness the 120 fps produces, I'd be great. Then again, even at 60FPS the stop motion and puppetry can look cool.
Sort of unrelated, but the Quake Remaster smooths out the monsters movement and while it's kinda neat and it's an option you can turn off, it's pretty unnatural.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:23 am

Faggot talk! Low frames have nothing to do in games. They would've never made the game with lacking frames of animation if it hadn't been necessary and you are well too young to have any nostalgia, which is also for faggots, for Quake anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:38 am

Well shit, I thought the low framerate was intentional to give it a more "undead" feel and not because of the primitive rendering. And damn you, I will enjoy boomer shooters and you can't stop me!
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

ban

Post by ban » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:18 am

>Boomer shooter
The fags who invented that word need to be boom-shot for that. Preferably with a good boomstick.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:23 am
Low frames have nothing to do in games. They would've never made the game with lacking frames of animation if it hadn't been necessary
Exactly, old PC games usually chugged on Billy's memezing new software anyways and it took quite a while to smooth out which wasn't so apparent with sprite-based models like in Doom but the moment you went 3D, you had weird shit pop up like the Shamblers jerking out and the Nail Gun doing...

once you upped the frames and original resolution. And let's not even talk about the hilarious moving flare to indicate the muzzle firing :lol: It's why Doom and Build engine games are usually not only preferable to play these days compared to say, Quake but also because they're far easier to mod without enough codefuckery while your basic 3D PC game requires hours just to get basic resolution and framerate issues solved before moving to modding.

Not like console games don't have similar issues but they are often tied to framerate and physics more than anything else. Case in point, the absolutely hilariously broken physics in the Dragon Engine games when you put them on the PC or on the Piss5 and thos 60 FPS patches get going, you see the most hilarious ragdolls happening. :lol:
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:35 am

Anyone with an engine that ties anything to the framerate in Current Year deserves to eat MovieBlob's marinated chicken.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:08 pm

The ones who need to eat that chicken more than the devs are the retards who praise the engine and pester devs to use it even more. :mrgreen:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:35 am
Anyone with an engine that ties anything to the framerate in Current Year deserves to eat MovieBlob's marinated chicken.
Does that include Unreal 4 and the upcoming 5? :lol: Doesn't Unity also do that shit? :lol:
He warned youShow