Videos worth watching

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Videos worth watching

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:58 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:10 am
You can tell this was done during better times of the Simpsons dub, when they didn't just make 1:1 translations like some failed machine translator.
And like it is standard for Kraut Simpsons, the dubbed voices sound nothing like the original. Though I do find that Kraut Skinner sounds more like a momma's boy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:33 am

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:30 pm

I doubt we will ever see any proper memes from the zombie era of The Simpsons.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:35 pm

Any dildo will fit with enough force.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:30 pm
I doubt we will ever see any proper memes from the zombie era of The Simpsons.

This is the only exception, but even in this, it's ruined by them explaining the joke.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:26 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:34 pm
This is the only exception, but even in this, it's ruined by them explaining the joke.
The internet tells me that scene is from season 17 episode 13. Which is in the zombie era but that still means it aired in March 2006. In two more months it will be old enough to fuck. That's a year before Spoony's Bayou Billy video. Spoony's entire glorious career is but a blip to the Simpson's eternity.

That show has been on so fucking long. I know they've shifted the timeline something like three times now but what is it even about these days?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:03 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:34 pm
They love explaining the joke. Smithers has come out of his closet, for starters.

Also I think we need a The Problem with Barney. This mockery of the serious issue of alcoholism has gone on for too long.
RedLine wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:26 am
I know they've shifted the timeline something like three times now but what is it even about these days?
Near as I can tell it's
  • Lisa is always right
  • Pandering (but not serious pandering; no one has transitioned yet to my knowledge)
  • Shitting on Trump (and they're so stunning and brave they've done it in a web spin-off instead of the actual show)
  • Retreading one-off characters from episodes older than their current target audience
  • Character assassination (I think Sideshow Bob is a mutant now?)
  • Writing characters out of the show because they're either too problematic for Current Year or their VA has finally bit the dust
  • Coming up with replacements for the written-out characters that no one remembers (does anyone even know who Bart's current teacher is?)
  • Sad attempts to drum up interest. Remember when season 26 or something (JFC) promised the death of an important character, only for it to be Krusty's dad?
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:55 pm

Yeah, they got this new quirky teacher that no one really gives a shit about

They still use Martin even though the actress (Minnie Mouse VA) passed away a couple years ago and the replacement does not do a great job

The floating timeline is so shit to the point where Homer is of millennial age and Bart was born in like, 2012 or something, which was not too long after the 20th season.
Like how they do an episode where Marge was in HS or College when she's in a play about Y2K.

And when they do ignore the floating timeline, they do things like being back the fucking French bowling guy from Season 1.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:02 pm

The more they advance the timeline, the weirder it is that Lisa doesn't identify as "enby".
-Yours Truly