Wikipedia and Wikia

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Sieg Zeon

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:09 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:20 pm

What a masterpiece something that would make big dick Vic be jealous of.
HotD is an amazing series, like good gameplay, and my god that bad voice acting is amazing. People dish on RE but there are far worse games out there VA wise. :lol:

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Arc Rise Fantasia has a legendary bad voice acting, but I never played it. Of the games I did play, I remember Tales of Destiny II (aka Tales of Eternia) having an atrocious VA work - so bad.in fact I swear half of Reid's lines must have been recorded from his bathroom using the cheapest mic available.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 pm

HotD is based and redpilled. Those Goldman's are always causing problems!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Chaos Wars is the gold standard in my book. It has all the quality voice acting you could possibly want - including pronouncing character names wrong and confusing stage directions (or whatever you call the equivalent in dub scripts) with actual dialogue.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:30 pm
Chaos Wars is the gold standard in my book. It has all the quality voice acting you could possibly want - including pronouncing character names wrong and confusing stage directions (or whatever you call the equivalent in dub scripts) with actual dialogue.
Apparently that whole localization was a low-effort shitshow. Several of the voice actors share a surname with the director, implying he just got his relatives to do it because fuck it. And it goes beyond the voice work, too; one of the properties involved in the crossover is called "Rebirth Moon," and despite its logo having name visible in plain English, the translation still botched and called it "Reverse Moon." Established names from things that had already been translated aren't honored, either; the dude from Shadow Hearts was called "Yuri" in that game, but Chaos Wars gives no shits and calls him "Uru," from his Japanese name (Urmnaf). Supposedly the low-effort localization job stems from it being a weeb game with a limited run, so anyone playing it is going to switch the language to Japanese anyway, so fuck it, especially with the dub.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 pm

That shitty dub was prime anti-publicity. Nobody would have heard of Chaos Wars at all if not for it. If CW was on PS2 Classics or whatever and wasn't straight up abandonware O3 Entertainment could have made like, dollors out of small noteriaty.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:43 am

Fuck, I forgot about the bit where they translated the names wrong. Truly peak quality :lol:
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:22 pm
Supposedly the low-effort localization job stems from it being a weeb game with a limited run, so anyone playing it is going to switch the language to Japanese anyway, so fuck it, especially with the dub.
Why switch to Japanese, if you have come across perfection?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Wikipedia article about To Catch A Predator wrote:South Park spoofed the series in its 2007 episode "Le Petit Tourette", highlighting the exploitative nature of Chris Hansen's show and having numerous pedophiles commit suicide[citation needed] upon realizing they'd been set up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Catch_ ... ar_culture

Why the fuck is a "citation needed" here? It says what episode of South Park they're talking about, what more do they want?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Because the janitors on Kikepedia are retarded even by janitor standards.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:05 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Because the janitors on Kikepedia are retarded even by janitor standards.
Unlike forums or imageboards, Wikipedia is used to normal people. the amount of power tripping that instills in a janny must be insane.
You have to have a particular intense autism to edit a wiki. It's like being an emulator author.