Lilly Singh

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Lilly Singh

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:30 pm

jpakke wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:17 am
Late night shows are dead now anyway, at least quality-wise, only decent host in the past 10-20 years was Craig Ferguson. I've watched interviews made by Dick Cavett from the 70s in youtube, he was very good interviewer.
From what I can tell they're all just elaborate studios to film YouTube clips.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:30 pm
jpakke wrote:
Late night shows are dead now anyway, at least quality-wise, only decent host in the past 10-20 years was Craig Ferguson. I've watched interviews made by Dick Cavett from the 70s in youtube, he was very good interviewer.
From what I can tell they're all just elaborate studios to film YouTube clips.
I agree about Craig Ferguson. His was the last show I know of where everything wasn't scripted and rehearsed like the other late night hosts.

Nobody wants to sit through a bunch of celebrities talking about their upcoming movies on the off chance that a funny skit MIGHT happen. In modern times, you know if anything exciting happens they'll post it to YouTube so there's no reason to sit through these shows anymore.

The last time I watched any of these late night shows was probably when Conan had been fired but was still on the Tonight Show. Even then these shows were stale. From what little I've seen they've all gotten much worse, whining about Trump all the time. They're usually not even telling JOKES about Trump and just lecturing the viewers. Since Corona they're all filming their shows from their houses like some Channel Awesome reject.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:19 pm

The Conan in Israel special was funny in an unintentional way.

There was a part where they're talking about some wall the Israelis built to stop terrorists from blowing them up constantly. When he's interviewing the Palestinians they're all saying how awful this wall is. Afterward, there is added narration with stuff he was too cowardly to say in front of them. E.g., how many bombings had happened before vs. after the wall.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 pm

They'll find a way to continue bombing. They always do.
jpakke wrote:
You can't really wow people anymore after you have already blessed them with Miku. No meatbag guest can even begin to compare.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:11 am

Musical guests on late night shows are always awkward to watch. The worst way to see any of them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:14 am

>watching music

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:16 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:14 am
>watching music
It's what it is. The sound is either awful or complete playback. Can't really call it listening.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:21 am

Guest wrote:
>watching music
>not seeing a band live
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:24 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:21 am
Guest wrote:
>watching music
>not seeing a band live
Live music is for fags.
Consooming media should under no circumstance be a social experience.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:26 am

Deep Purple was pretty great and getting beer from the tap made it better than listening at home would've been.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!