Reddit Letter Media

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Lindsay's Liver

Re: Reddit Letter Media

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 am

Marvel started losing me with "Winter Soldier", I think. I also hated "Civil War". That superhero-movie-as-pseudo-"political"-drama (that builds up to the usual climax in which people who can't be hurt punch each other over and over) thing bored me.

I like The Guardians of the Galaxy movies because they're silly (I know, I'm a faggot) and I liked "Infinity War", but I never saw "Endgame" because it was spoiled for me and I lost interest. And that's kinda where Marvel stops for me. I've skipped a lot. Haven't seen any of the new Spider-Man movies. I've always meant to see "Doctor Strange" (I liked the comics when I was a kid), but never have. Some people I trust have told me that "Logan" is good, but I haven't seen that yet, either.

The Zack Synder DC movies soured me on that whole thing early on. He sucks. I think I gave up on those after "Batman Vs Superman", which is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Also, I got married five years ago and my wife has zero interest in this stuff so there's no one to drag me out to these things.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:11 pm

I just got tired after a while because everything's so samey and the post-credits shit is pure cancer.

(You might think me as a hypocrite for that first part because I'm into tokushit, but tokushit doesn't just blatantly copy-paste entire scenes with different (CGI) actors.)

Endgay seems to be a turning point for many who where actually into those movies. Know a couple people who where kinda glad they can now pretend that this shit has "ended".
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 am
Marvel started losing me with "Winter Soldier", I think. I also hated "Civil War". That superhero-movie-as-pseudo-"political"-drama (that builds up to the usual climax in which people who can't be hurt punch each other over and over) thing bored me.
If it is any consolidation, the original comic storyline is probably even worse, with Steve Rogers getting gunned down (but don't worry, those where just time travel bullets or something) and Tony Stark turning into a fascist when the wise people at Marvel decided to stop portraying both sides of the conflict as having valid points.
But I guess they just can't get enough of this storyline, considering they also made a "Civil War II" (where Captain Marvel became an even more obvious fascist and stole the plot from Minority Report; can't wait for that to be adapted).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:07 pm

Comics are stupider and more convoluted than fucking Irregulars at Magic High. That awful animu at least has been going for just a few seasons, not for multiple decades of continuous garbage.

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:52 am

Whoever said those movies are just like theme park rides had a point. I only saw a few at random when friends managed to drag me along and they really were all the same. It's generally 3D movies where stuff flies at you and you go Whoaaah!
So I will forever not understand why consoomers didn't like Suicide Squad for instance. It's shit but it's no different from other current capeshit, and anyone who claims there's any depth to any of it suffers from movie blob kind of delusions.
It's a trap!

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:07 am

Newhalf wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:52 am
So I will forever not understand why consoomers didn't like Suicide Squad
Aside from it being dogshit, half of the reason is due to corporate bias. Capeshit movie fans are very similar to console peasants in that they worship whatever name brand they bend over for. In this case, it's between DCucks and MCUcks. Now, Marvel (a la Disney) has been largely successful in culling normies to watch their annual churned out shite thanks to the fact (((Feige))) & the Russos understand the art of commercializing viewership for long term investment; they know what makes the modern moviegoer tick in order to make them keep coming back for more. They won them over for the long haul. Warner Bros, on the other hand, waited too long for people to fully give a shit in investing + their outings were more noticeably shit compared to the average shit shat out by Marve due to rushing their productiomsl. By then, the majority preferred one offshoot of meaningless crap over the other, and the DCEU never had a chance.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Kama

Post by Kama » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:14 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:11 pm
I just got tired after a while because everything's so samey and the post-credits shit is pure cancer.

(You might think me as a hypocrite for that first part because I'm into tokushit, but tokushit doesn't just blatantly copy-paste entire scenes with different (CGI) actors.)

Endgay seems to be a turning point for many who where actually into those movies. Know a couple people who where kinda glad they can now pretend that this shit has "ended".
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 am
If it is any consolidation, the original comic storyline is probably even worse, with Steve Rogers getting gunned down (but don't worry, those where just time travel bullets or something) and Tony Stark turning into a fascist when the wise people at Marvel decided to stop portraying both sides of the conflict as having valid points.
But I guess they just can't get enough of this storyline, considering they also made a "Civil War II" (where Captain Marvel became an even more obvious fascist and stole the plot from Minority Report; can't wait for that to be adapted).
At least I actually get excited when toku teams do their big team up specials and it never feels over done to me. I still get feelings of “hell yeah here we go!” When you have all the riders or sentai or both staring down the big bad. It’s genuinely good shit.

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:08 pm

So it's just "brand loyalty" then as it seems.
That makes a little sense at least I guess. Sure I can see how suicide squad is trash but I don't see the difference to like, avengers movies which the general populace has deemed good movies for some reason.
It's a trap!

Kama

Post by Kama » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:55 pm

The only real difference between DC and Marvel is is that Marvel is good at making competent movies. In the case of DC everything that isn’t Batman sucks. The only reason Shazam Came off kind of good is because it copied the marvel formula

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:34 pm

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:07 am
Aside from it being dogshit, half of the reason is due to corporate bias
Aside from Blob, who loved Dark Knight until all the conservatives said they loved Dark Knight too, that's not especially true. It really is just because DC's movies are fuckin' shit. I mean, we wuz Suicide Squad and sheeit is legitimately one of the worst superhero movies ever made.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:39 pm

Dark Knight was the thinking man's Batman, until it become cool to like it.
Suicide Squad featured no-name protagonists fighting no-name antagonists in a terrible plot and was entirely banking on being able to transfer the Harley Quinn simping onto the silver screen.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette