Reddit Letter Media

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Reddit Letter Media

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:54 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Carmilla (2019), written and directed by Emily Harris, was inspired by the novella. Fifteen-year-old Lara (Hannah Rae) develops feelings for Carmilla (Devrim Lingnau), but her strict governess believes their strange houseguest is a vampire.[37] Harris says she "stripped back" the supernatural layers to consider the story as a "derailed love story" and "a story about our tendency as humans to demonize the other".
Because if I want a story about fucking vampires, I want the vampire part to be de-emphasized.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 am
Dracula 2000 (the one where pop icon Vitamin C got her titties out) was the last sexy Dracula, and probably the only one. All the others were gay allegories about dudes wanting to suck other dudes dry. There was a recent BBC version that literally made him a flaming homo in the first minute.
Was that the one where they try out all sorts of vampire weaknesses on Dracula, only for him to brush it off because he's just too much of a vampire chad?
I swear there was one Dracula movie where they try the "Vampires have to count spilled rice"-trick, only for him to super-speed count the rice while it was still in the air.
I hate it when vampire movies are smug assholes about vampire weaknesses.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 am

I thought it was pretty meh honestly. I hate the cheap sleazy New Orleans vibe it has. There was a direct-to-video sequel made by the writer and filmed in Romania that was low budget as hell but a lot more interesting.

No idea what the hell this is, but it popped up when I looking for Dracula clips:

According to wikipedia the movie was called Dracula 2001 in Europe. Lol. I also remember Nathan Fillion was in it before he got fat and woke.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Interesting generational observation by Rich Evans:
https://youtu.be/1fXACfkyvLc?t=1849
It's kind of true. But I remember a LOT of 50s-60s nostalgia happening in the 80s. There were reboot movies like The Fly, The Thing, The Blob, Little Shop of Horrors, etc. But those were actually made with care by boomers that loved the source material.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:23 pm

Nobody who makes reboots these days actually cares. They just want a known IP to slap their politics onto.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 pm
There were reboot movies like The Fly, The Thing, The Blob, Little Shop of Horrors, etc. But those were actually made with care by boomers that loved the source material.
Neither those movies nor the originals they were based on were fucking toy commercials aimed at kids. Way to miss the fucking point, Jew Revealed

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 pm

I should have mentioned Star Trek, one of the few Boomer franchises they're still milking to this day.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:30 pm
Neither those movies nor the originals they were based on were fucking toy commercials aimed at kids. Way to miss the fucking point, Jew Revealed
AKA "It's kind of true" like I said, Guest, learn to read.
But not all of those 70s-90s properties started out as toy commercials. Stuff like Star Wars (1977) and Ghostbusters (1984) had no merchandise initially. And movies like Robocop, Terminator, Aliens were R-rated movies that weren't supposed to be for kids at all.

I have hypotheses about all this.
TL;DR - Greatest Generation handed the Boomers everything on a silver platter in a near-utopia where they were able to have thriving and fulfilling adult lives. We were handed a shit sandwich.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:47 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 pm
AKA "It's kind of true" like I said, Guest, learn to read.
Except that it's not remotely true and you missed the point entirely. Also, 'AKA' means 'Also Known As', learn to use it properly
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 pm
But not all of those 70s-90s properties started out as toy commercials
From what Gay mentioned
Star Wars - Toy commercial (Inb4 'hurr durr I said there was no Star Wars merchandise originally'. Star Wars is the most successfully merchandised film franchise in history. Fucking toy commercial)
He-Man - Toy commercial
Robocop - Turned into a toy commercial with its sequels and children's cartoon series
Ghostbusters - Same

All of this quite a bit different from boomers remaking gangster films and horror movies that most of them are too young to remember and only saw when they went to film school.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:55 pm

OK, a lot of backpeddling here because I proved you wrong, false history, and intentional intellectual dishonesty or just plain Dunning-Kruger. Like most guestposts, not really worth replying to in-depth.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm

No merchandise initially
While I'm sure the 80's mostly had toy commercials disguised as movies/tv shows, the ones mentioned weren't at first.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:55 pm
OK, a lot of backpeddling here
Where's the backpedal, exactly?
Liar Revealed wrote:
because I proved you wrong
Ha! Where did you do that, exactly?
Liar Revealed wrote:
false history
Are you trying to argue that Star Wars isn't the most merchandised franchise in history?
Liar Revealed wrote:
and intentional intellectual dishonesty
This from the Jew who equates remaking a handful of classic films to the Millennial obsession with their childhood toys
Liar Revealed wrote:
or just plain Dunning-Kruger
Again, you might want to look up what terms actually mean before you use them
Liar Revealed wrote:
Like most guestposts, not really worth replying to in-depth.
Like most Jewposts, not really worth replying to in-depth. But I did it anyway cause it's fun for me