Reddit Letter Media

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Reddit Letter Media

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:01 pm

It's not like those klessik villains aren't silly to begin with.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:07 pm

True.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:17 pm

I mean it’s not like all DC shit sucks. It’s the animated stuff that’s really good. All the animated movies are great. It’s just a nobody knows how to make good live action DC films. I mean these are the people that thought Titans was a good idea.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:41 pm

If you came up reading comics in the 80s and 90s (like I did), a huge part of the appeal of the MCU for awhile is that they were the first GOOD Marvel movies. They weren't just well-made and had big budgets, but they were also an interconnected universe (just like the comics) and they were made by people who actually liked and understood the characters. Joss Whedon is a repellent person, but I like "The Avengers" because I can tell that he's read the comics and knows the lore.

DC, by contrast, blew it by kicking off their big universe with a Superman movie by a director (Zack Snooder) who I don't think likes Superman at all. "Dark, sad, brooding Superman" is all wrong.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:41 pm
Joss Whedon is a repellent person, but and also a terrible writer and a hack fraud director whose entire ouvre is composted feces.
He seemed to "understand" the comics because he's a retard like comics' target audience.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:46 pm

For all his faults, he was allegedly very good at traumatizing whiny actors. Good for him.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:52 pm

That's something I don't hold against him. As long as I don't have to watch his garbage products, he can torture whatever faggot or whore from Hollywood he can put his hands on.

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:18 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 pm
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:41 pm
Joss Whedon is a repellent person, but and also a terrible writer and a hack fraud director whose entire ouvre is composted feces.
He seemed to "understand" the comics because he's a retard like comics' target audience.
Whedon and Gunn made their own movies decent at the cost of making every subsequent movie after them insufferable. Every character now talks like a snarky teenager and can't do a scene straight without doing a quip. It appeals to consoomer nerds because it gives them an out to normies who think they're manchildren for liking this shit at 40. "Oh, yeah it is kinda cheesy, but the movie is aware it's cheesy so it's okay."

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:46 pm
For all his faults, he was allegedly very good at traumatizing whiny actors. Good for him.
The only thing that got traumatised was their careers after they quit working for him. That's why they're complaining now
Oengae wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:18 pm
Every character now talks like a snarky teenager and can't do a scene straight without doing a quip
That's just Whedon. People have said, going back to Buffy, Angel and Firefly, you know when people 'loved' him, that he has no idea about character voice. All his characters 'sound' the same, all his dialogue is focused on having 'witty' exchanges. The original (Whedon) was shit, so it makes sense that his imitators would be even worse

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:51 am

Gunn at least will give you some fun gore when they let him. Nu-Suicide Squad is probably his best movie.

I enjoyed the frauds latest video - watching it really enforces that Mike and Rich could dump damn near everyone else and lose nothing substantial in terms of revenue - not unlike CA. I enjoy how easy a chemistry they have - like I'm not a Star Trek fan, but I'll have a playlist of them shitting on Discovery and Picard when I'm trying to sleep (white noise) - and they make something I'm not engaged with entertaining and likable.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.