The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 pm

Wait, James just turns his guitar upside down so the thickest strings are on the bottom? What the fuck?

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:16 pm
You don't get it. It's actually really simple why he plays like that.
He has a huge boner for Black Sabbath, so of course he tries to play like Iommi.

Also, I don't know why you look for retardation when there is none in technique he tries to play. He just doesn't have talent for that and he's retarded, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Dan Swano is playing guitar like that, but I guess that's complete nobody and some might never heard of him. He is somewhat successful, unlike RockStar Bimmy, maybe that's why it works for him.
Iommi just plays a left-handed guitar with norm strings, are you fucking blind?

The shit that idiot pulls is super retarded and just plain illogical. Anyone who ever played guitar or basically any string instrument at any level would claim that's fucking retarded.

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 pm
Wait, James just turns his guitar upside down so the thickest strings are on the bottom? What the fuck?
No, it's the other guitarist who does that. James plays an 8-string that only exists to show that he loves wasting money.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:12 pm
Iommi just plays a left-handed guitar with norm strings, are you fucking blind?
Well, it's clear you are and might have something in common with Bimmy, but if you need it repeated - James is retarded.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:25 pm

What the fuck are all of you talking about? He plays right-handed guitar with a perfectly normal placement of the guitar strings.

From the Eye of tiger video:

From the concert:

Seems like a basic regular-ass power chord to me.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:32 pm

>letting a guest derail the thread
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Why is Jimmy wasting money on a 8-string when he only uses 2 of them? You don't get wanker-cred when you can't actually wank

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 pm

That I agree with. There isn't any reason to play with 8-string guitar if you are not going to use the lower end of the scale. James doesn't seem to be playing even any riffs there, just power chords in every song and his guitar is mixed very low, it's barely even audible for most of the show.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:23 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:25 pm
What the fuck are all of you talking about? He plays right-handed guitar with a perfectly normal placement of the guitar strings.

From the Eye of tiger video:

From the concert:

Seems like a basic regular-ass power chord to me.
This is to explain to everyone who got confused about the last page or so about his thread.

James is playing the guitar in the right position. We aren't talking about him regarding that. The other guitarist the one all the way to right of the stage is playing his guitar upside down. He is playing a right handed guitar with his left hand and didn't change the placement of the strings to reflect this.

Now James had 2 different guitars at the concert. He had a 6 string originally then switchs to an 8 string midway. Now why? I don't know.

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:38 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:17 am
If you want to see passion for videogames in metal music, there are dozens of examples before you even have to scrape the barrel. Here is one great example off the top of my head. Also, F for Ben Daglish

This is also great. they play the whole Last Ninja 2 score on live.