The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kama

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Kama » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:33 pm

The only thing I ever found actually difficult in the final fantasy games was the super bosses, but that’s just because I never knew how to really beat them in an easy way. Plus, I’m not sure how he ended up with a glitch that erased his whole save file. That’s never happened to me.. I don’t know how much of an accomplishment it is to take 30 years to beat Final Fantasy 6 though

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:10 pm

I find the classic FF super boss pretty lame, tbh. If you can beat them you've already broken the combat system so hard that nothing could've challenged you, anyways.
Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:38 am
Well there were 2 Final Fantasy games that weren't really FF games with us burgers. Final Fantasy Adventure which was Seiken Densetsu 1 aka Sword of Mana after the remakes and the other 1 which was a game from the Romancing Saga series I believe. Funny I don't remember the name of it. :lol:
I made that mistake before. It's SaGa. Romancing SaGa is but a sub-series.
And the GB one (advertised as Final Fantasy Legend) was just the very first SaGa.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:34 pm

Kama wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:33 pm
The only thing I ever found actually difficult in the final fantasy games was the super bosses, but that’s just because I never knew how to really beat them in an easy way. Plus, I’m not sure how he ended up with a glitch that erased his whole save file. That’s never happened to me.. I don’t know how much of an accomplishment it is to take 30 years to beat Final Fantasy 6 though
I can sympathize with the save game erasing glitch - if I'm not mistaken, all you need to trigger is to have a certain support spell in a specific position in the spell menu (which will be the default position if you order the spell list putting support spells last) and then using Relm's Sketch ability on certain enemies. You can easily trigger the glitch as soon as you get her in Mt. Thamasa and never know why.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:39 pm

Just forget Relm has any kind of unique ability. Only way to be sure.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:10 pm
I find the classic FF super boss pretty lame, tbh. If you can beat them you've already broken the combat system so hard that nothing could've challenged you, anyways.
Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:38 am
Well there were 2 Final Fantasy games that weren't really FF games with us burgers. Final Fantasy Adventure which was Seiken Densetsu 1 aka Sword of Mana after the remakes and the other 1 which was a game from the Romancing Saga series I believe. Funny I don't remember the name of it. :lol:
I made that mistake before. It's SaGa. Romancing SaGa is but a sub-series.
And the GB one (advertised as Final Fantasy Legend) was just the very first SaGa.
Whoops. I always forget SaGa is the main series. And yes FF Legend. I couldn't remember what it was called.

Kama

Post by Kama » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:54 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:34 pm
Kama wrote:
I can sympathize with the save game erasing glitch - if I'm not mistaken, all you need to trigger is to have a certain support spell in a specific position in the spell menu (which will be the default position if you order the spell list putting support spells last) and then using Relm's Sketch ability on certain enemies. You can easily trigger the glitch as soon as you get her in Mt. Thamasa and never know why.

No I wonder. Outside of when it was required I never used Relm so I guess that’s why I never ran into the glitch

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 pm

As much as FF6 is one of the few good FF games that's not FF5, the original SNES release was a buggy mess held together by bubble gum and natto.
FFS the Blind status did fuckall because any formula using physical evasion was using magical evasion instead.

I'm honestly amazed Gau's little trick of learning new moves by fucking off for a while is as (kinda-sorta) stable as it is.
-Yours Truly

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:50 pm

Kama wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:54 am
Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:34 pm
Kama wrote:

No I wonder. Outside of when it was required I never used Relm so I guess that’s why I never ran into the glitch
Come to think of it. I do remember the Relm glitch being brought up online in the early 2000s at least. So it was pretty well known.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 pm
As much as FF6 is one of the few good FF games that's not FF5, the original SNES release was a buggy mess held together by bubble gum and natto.
I guess natto would actually work as a binder fairly well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:16 am

Sat through his lazy reading of his ghost written FF review on my drive home from my parents. I especially call bullshit on his yarn that allegedly the game glitched during kefkas tower and afterwards his saves were wiped. Shit doesn't happen even with a power outage. Now if he admitted to use an unsafe game genie code or duplication glitch I'd get behind that.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow