Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Tony Schiavone

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Agree with all the above. Floppies are nowhere NEAR as full as they used to be for the price you get. The actual story is compressed the hell down, and you only get 16 pages as opposed to what... 25-30?

My only contribution will be to say that all these reboots and "reimaginings" are what uktinatwky killed the industry. We already fucking know Superman's deal and his journey, ditto Batman and so on.
We dont need to know the history of every spandex faggot, retweaked for a smaller and smaller subset of human barnacles.
[Probably the only thing Sony/Mahvel did right--just stick Spiderman right in the middle of what hes doing and let the autists look up their Lore online)

Instead of the same old Smallville crap, I just want to see Clark hanging around the Daily Planet, getting into odd adventures with his co-workers. Office shit is what most of us have to spend our day dealing with, anyway.
Give me less "holy carp....new powers mean responsibility?!?", and more of Cat Grant turned into a robot.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:51 pm

As much as I'd like to applaud the MCU for doing something right, the only reason we didn't get a Spidey origin story is because so many people complained about the Garfield movies doing it so soon after the Tobey movies. Not to mention there was probably some goofy clause from Sony preventing them from doing it.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming the whole Baby Spider 3: Into The Babyverse movie they're making is just an excuse to bring Miles Morales into Sony's gay universe. At some point someone told the head of Sony that Miles is black, gay, latino, and super hip to all the youngesters, and she was like "Yes, that checks all the boxes!" and that's how they became obsessed with that Bendis loser.

tl;dr - Miles Morales checks all the boxes of what rich white people think the kids want to see these days. And maybe he does because kids these days are terrible, terrible people.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:13 pm

In the Sony email leak, Marvel told Sony that Peter Parker had to be a straight, white male among some other rules. So it's likely that someone at Sony wanted to change that.

One thing that I'm sick of is "multiverses", more specifically, easily traversable multiverses. Into The Spiderverse. IDW's dozens upon dozens of crossovers*. The MCU is introducing this concept. The CW DC characters cross universes more frequently than you or I would take a bus somewhere.

* The Batman / TMNT animated movie ditched the whole multiverse aspect that was present in it's comic book counterpart. In the movie the TMNT just visit Gotham and Batman just also exists - no dimensional portals. They also replaced a cameo in a restaurant from James Rolfe and Mike Matei with lesbians breaking up.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:56 pm

Just do it the Sentai way: Other heroes just exist if you need them for a crossover.
Even if their lore conflicts with your lore.
Especially when that happens.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:30 pm
Instead of the same old Smallville crap, I just want to see Clark hanging around the Daily Planet, getting into odd adventures with his co-workers. Office shit is what most of us have to spend our day dealing with, anyway.
Give me less "holy carp....new powers mean responsibility?!?", and more of Cat Grant turned into a robot.
Hack writers are in love with muh origin story to tell some grand tale about muh power and muh responsibility.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:00 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:56 pm
Hack writers are in love with muh origin story to tell some grand tale about muh power and muh responsibility.
the one they crave above all else, and the other they avoid at all cost.

ban

Post by ban » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:41 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:49 am
Good. Death to capeshit. American comics have just become a soapbox for trannies to cry about orange man and muh oppression.
Agreed, call it weebshit but even the weaker manga are a thousand times more interesting than 98% of capeshit. Graphic novels and indie stuff used to be interesting but it’s all woke now, go figure.
It's pretty sad. Comics should be about escapism, a way to put behind us the reality that the world is a shitty place full of shitty people. Now tranny writers are using the medium to spread their cancerous propoganda. Nothing is safe and nothing is sacred.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:15 pm
Manga usually has the good sense of depicting stories with a definite end, unlike capeshit who's recycling the same characters for almost a century now.
EXACTLY. There are some exceptions of course, like DBZ, but by and large, manga knows when to quit.
Pretty much. And it is really sad when a mango becomes a corporate toy factory like Doraemon(japanese Mickey Mouse), DBZ or Fagruto or Yu-Gi-Oh at this point.

Even when the creators move to completely different projects, like Yu-Gi-Oh's creator who does new mango :

Yeah, it even reads like a western comic, that's dedicateion to his craft.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:30 pm
I miss the 90s when everything was hot big-tittied women and crazy storylines about clones and killing the X-Men.
And serial killer symbiotes, don’t forget the symbiotes.
The 90s were good and fun, which is anathema in modern day capeshit.
Poonoo wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:30 am
And lel, Zaid is a pedo. Every time with these virtue signaling bastards.
Man, who would have guessed.
fascistfrog wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:59 pm
Thats true, in japan you can go to a 7-11 and pick up a 10-20$ book every week containing a wide variety of stories with each chapter being at least as long as a typical american floppy, and they sell them pretty much everywhere magazines are sold.
>10-20$

My dude, you have the analogies wrong. Each weekly Jump / quarterly magazine / whatever shit Berserk is published on, is AT BEST 5 dollars or something like 4.900 yen. Each individual volume of a mango series on the other hand is about 7.000 yen because the paper is of higher quality and the art is cleaned up even more. And each magazine has about what? 250 to 300 pages if it's a monthly magazine instead of a weekly one? And the average mango volume has about 200-210 pages?

Compare that to a capeshit's 3++ dollars for barely 20 pages, 4 of which are ads these days and the manga is a heck of a bargain. Plus, since a lot of publications in Japan opened several online-only departments, that have no set date for publication for their chapters, the creators are going crazy with what they do, even if it means they hand over the completed manga a little later. Case in point, the Iron Man mango by Kazuki Takahashi I posted in this very same post, the dude was given carte blanche and was told by Shueisha to just do an Iron-Man and Spider-man story for the magazine's online publication and the dude did three chapters, full of colour that also read like a proper comic. And I don't think it even cost much beyond the basic subscription?

Meanwhile, online capeshit kept charging the same amount as the physical floppies and gave you the same thing as the physical copy, minus the 4 pages of ads which was fucking retarded. At least back in 2015-16.
Last edited by ban on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed the links to functional ones
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:00 am

I read too fast to enjoy floppies but love the big collections of 90s comics. I was having a blast reading Witchblade one day at a book shop.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:20 pm

I also dig those large hardcover collections of klessik non-capeshit stuff like Flash Gordon. Even a single panel is a better work of art than an entire floppy of Current Year.
ban wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:41 am

Those images aren't working, mate. WTF kind of URLs are those?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:23 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:20 pm
I also dig those large hardcover collections of klessik non-capeshit stuff like Flash Gordon. Even a single panel is a better work of art than an entire floppy of Current Year.
ban wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:41 am

Those images aren't working, mate. WTF kind of URLs are those?
Ah. of course, the server crashed. Here's imgbb to rescue again :
ANCIENT EGYPTIAN SUPERVILLAINSShow

Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:33 pm

The epic crossover I was always hoping for. It's just missing Spider-Man and his trusty Leopardon :lol:
-Yours Truly