Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 am

Fascistfrog wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:33 am
Its kind of pathetic for an industry when shogeki no soma, a manga thats literally about cooking is outselling all the capeshit comics combined.
Nippon has a proud tradition of cooking mango. One of those things you'll never have in capeshit dominated burger industry is variety.
I remember when Tosh was just a hentai artist. Life was better then.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 am

Fascistfrog wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:33 am
Its kind of pathetic for an industry when shogeki no soma, a manga thats literally about cooking is outselling all the capeshit comics combined.
Manga has waifus. Capeshit has Squirrel Girl.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:49 am
Good. Death to capeshit. American comics have just become a soapbox for trannies to cry about orange man and muh oppression.
Agreed, call it weebshit but even the weaker manga are a thousand times more interesting than 98% of capeshit. Graphic novels and indie stuff used to be interesting but it’s all woke now, go figure.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Manga usually has the good sense of depicting stories with a definite end, unlike capeshit who's recycling the same characters for almost a century now.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Good. Death to capeshit. American comics have just become a soapbox for trannies to cry about orange man and muh oppression.
Agreed, call it weebshit but even the weaker manga are a thousand times more interesting than 98% of capeshit. Graphic novels and indie stuff used to be interesting but it’s all woke now, go figure.
It's pretty sad. Comics should be about escapism, a way to put behind us the reality that the world is a shitty place full of shitty people. Now tranny writers are using the medium to spread their cancerous propoganda. Nothing is safe and nothing is sacred.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:15 pm
Manga usually has the good sense of depicting stories with a definite end, unlike capeshit who's recycling the same characters for almost a century now.
EXACTLY. There are some exceptions of course, like DBZ, but by and large, manga knows when to quit.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Either they end a FMA, or they run long enough to see themselves become a Bleach.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:42 pm
Either they end a FMA, or they run long enough to see themselves become a Bleach.
But even Bleach had an ending. It didn't devolve in decades of Ichigo fighting the same dozen token enemies or so, then rebooting it when things get particularly stupid.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:51 pm

The main thing with manga is that they usually have one writer and one artist (or sometimes one person does both) until the story ends, and the publisher will only continue with a series if it is successful.

US comics are constantly switching creative teams and are too obsessed with superheroes. The individual "floppies" are way too expensive for what you get, too.

Also you have to go to a special "comic book store" to even get them, now, so kids don't even know these comics exist. Also, popular characters (who were all created by people who died decades ago) will for no reason have multiple different titles and minor characters also have their own titles. Why are there multiple different Batman comics published at the same time, and why does Batgirl have her own comic. Nobody can keep up with all of this even if the stories were excellent (but they're actually crap now so no one will even try).

US comics pretty much only serve as an example of why the length of copyright protections in the US need to be dramatically shortened and need to expire as soon as the creators die. When was the last time one of these companies created a new character that anybody cares about?

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 am
Rapeculture wrote:
It's pretty sad. Comics should be about escapism, a way to put behind us the reality that the world is a shitty place full of shitty people. Now tranny writers are using the medium to spread their cancerous propoganda. Nothing is safe and nothing is sacred.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:15 pm
EXACTLY. There are some exceptions of course, like DBZ, but by and large, manga knows when to quit.
Definitely, I’ve seen two tranny characters in recent manga that weren’t bizarre japanese style over the top. One was kinda out of nowhere, a character in Knights of Sidonia that suddenly transitions in the flash forward, not the one who was gene spliced to be hermaphroditic mind you. Another is a character in the second Tokyo Ghoul series, and I have a feeling there is a plot point behind it and hopefully not just virtue signaling.

Like everyone else said, I like manga because it ends. Tsutomu Nihei is one of my favorite authors and his works tend to be anywhere from 2-10 volumes depending on the story and way it’s been collected. Any long ass series intimidates me, be it tv or books, so I tend to stick with the shorter stuff. I also try to stick to manga that has been completed too, nothing sucks more than waiting a year for a new volume then waiting another year for someone to translate it.

At least manga seems to have less interference from translators, no Fuckoffimation writing throwaway lines about muh patriarchy.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:30 pm

I miss the 90s when everything was hot big-tittied women and crazy storylines about clones and killing the X-Men.