Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
ebin namefag

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by ebin namefag » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:24 pm
Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:04 pm
The question is why do we owe Ford.? He doesn't give a fuck about his characters so why should we?
Temple of Doom helped me through dark times.
When he said "NIGGERS" in the narration for Blade Runner I laughed really hard.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:47 pm

My "dark times" were the early 90s. These actors all thought they were too good to reprise these 80s roles that made them. NOW they want to try and reclaim their 80s glory when they're literally in their 80s? It's just too late. They chose.... poorly.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:07 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:47 pm
My "dark times" were the early 90s. These actors all thought they were too good to reprise these 80s roles that made them. NOW they want to try and reclaim their 80s glory when they're literally in their 80s? It's just too late. They chose.... poorly.
Ford? Absolutely.
Mark Hamill? Being Luke Fagwalker is all that faggot will ever be remembered for. He was, and never will be more than the less attractive kid who was cucked by Han Solo.
Oh, he dubbed cartoon Joker, cool. Too bad that when people hear "Joker", they think about Jack Nicholson or Heat Ledger.
He's just a little above the guy who played Chewbacca, and gets by selling overpriced autographs.
Tom Cruise? He's succeeding way better than Ford, probably because he doesn't look and act like fucking Joe Biden yet.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:19 pm

I hear Arnold wants to do a new Conan movie. Now.
He can fuck off with that. He thought he was too good for that role in the 90s and did garbage like Junior instead.

Possible unpopular opinion, but I kind of hated all the Arnold comedies. He should have waited until he got old to clown on his image like that.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm

I always thought that Arnold was proud of Conan, Terminator and Dutch.
And he should be, action hero + one-liners are his only talents.

Screw that faggot's freedom, Conan is never going to come back because he's a toxic male.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:38 pm

Nah. My understanding is that he screwed them 10 to 15 years ago when Hollywood wanted to do another Conan then

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:46 pm

Kull the Conqueror (1997) started out as a Conan project, that Arnold rejected. It would have been the perfect time for a new Conan movie.
So then they cast Kevin Sorbo and changed the script to be campy crap like Hercules.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:08 am

Has Zack SEEN THE MOVIE yet?

Arnold Schwarzenegger was the biggest movie star in the world for a time and he got it into his head that he could do anything. Also, his "rival", Sylvester Stallone, had ambitions of being more than an action star. Stallone wanted "serious actor" credibility. Arnold pursued a similar expansion of his range, except into comedy. (And then Stallone started making comedies, too. "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot"!)

Arnold's weirdest credit in the early 90s is a TV movie called "Christmas in Connecticut". It's a family comedy that Arnold directed. He doesn't act in it. At the time, he talked about it as the start of his new directing career, but nothing else ever came if it.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:26 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:08 am
Has Zack SEEN THE MOVIE yet?
He's finally seen it. Says it sucks, but he's still mad at those Fandom Menace guys for trashing the movie. He's making the baseless accusation that they never actually saw the film that they reviewed.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:02 am

Gotta say, I agree with his review. The movie is not woke. Phoebe Waller Bridge is nowhere near the biggest problem in it. The opening scene is a letdown. James Mangold is not in Spielberg's league when it comes to imagination and audacity. Mangold is competent and that's it and that's not enough for an Indiana Jones movie.