Andrew Dobson

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Newhalf

Re: Andrew Dobson

Post by Newhalf » Tue May 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Hey I get that reference!

Didn't Dobson also draw lesbian pirates or something? They're on that poster behind him.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 18, 2021 1:54 pm

You must mean Alex ze Pirate. I think he stopped doing that one because coming up with actual stories and jokes was too hard, and he'd rather make that other webcomic about his pathetic life.
Plus the humor was probably a bit too raunchy for SJW-senpai.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue May 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:39 pm
Hey I get that reference!

Didn't Dobson also draw lesbian pirates or something? They're on that poster behind him.
His latest comic before quitting the internet was about two broads going to art school. Basically Dobby's version of Dumbing of Age.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Wed May 19, 2021 12:30 am

ACKSHULLY his last comics were more rant comics (and somehow lazier because he would do them in grayscale and trace Google image results), Miraculous Ladybug fancomics to pander to the preteen tumblr crowd, and he was going to do some lesbian Muslim vampire comic which was told via in-universe social media posts. Which the first part sounds like male feminist pandering with the second part seeming like an interesting gimmick in theory. In practice it was an excuse to be lazy since Dobson would just draw a grayscale picture of a landscape, make it look like a screenshot of twitter with some pithy statement under it like "Wow, look at this view!" and that would be one page for the whole month. People were downloading it and sharing it outside the paywall and that's what made Dobson take his ball and go home forever.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 19, 2021 1:11 am

Sounds like the paywall was more there to shield himself from mockery than to make money.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Wed May 19, 2021 2:42 am

He was a laughing stock on dA, the woke tumblr tweens got sick of his feminist ally shit, he got banned from twitter for threatening Orange Man and trying to ban evade, so near the end he was posting on facebook, instagram, and Patreon. They were full of normies who hadn't heard of him and he could run them like mini-fiefdoms where he could block any dissent.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 19, 2021 3:44 am

Imagine being too soft a bitch for post 2013 Internet.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 19, 2021 5:44 am

He's been hyping his Muslim vampire story for years, but he was always too lazy to even draw a real panel. I think the most we got in terms of characters were two drawings featuring Generic Black Women With Afro, and I'm not even sure if that was supposed to be the Muslim vampire or not. Probably not, though. I don't think fictional Muslims are into afros. SJWs seem to prefer oppressive hijabs instead, since that's one of the easiest visual cues that your waifu is not only of color, but also of peace.

It's kinda hilarious that he didn't even make a single page worth of comic for this magnum opus of his, while the crazy guy with the Muslim dinosaur managed to get his comic out.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 am

Guess Dobson is another case of someone getting some disproportionate success early on without having the actual determination to keep it up, and he couldn't handle it.
Was he really employed by Disney at some point, I feel like I've heard claims of that.
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Wed May 19, 2021 8:25 am

His only 'success' early on was being popular on DeviantArt. Given the amount of shit that's on there, anyone who can draw at least passably well would have the same success
Newhalf wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 am
Was he really employed by Disney at some point, I feel like I've heard claims of that.
No. Where the fuck did you hear that?