Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Complicity

Re: Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Post by Complicity » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am
You don't remember netflix making wesker black?
I didn't even know there was a Netflix adaptation, and i just checked to see if this trailer was it or not (if i got it right, this is a movie and that was a tv show).
Was Tyrone Wesker the good guy all along in that one, and the T-virus was a cure for white supremacy?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:53 am

The HIV virus is the cure for white blood cells.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:44 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:06 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:11 pm
b) White people gunning down mindless sub-humans can be interpreted as problematic
Really? Please elaborate.
Anything can be problematic if you want it hard enough, and the klessik trappings of a zombie horror have plenty of potential. You just have to think like a proper SocJus comrade:
  • A minority of protagonists vs hordes of zombies as an allegory for the supremacy of the 1%
  • A minority of white protagonists vs hordes of zombies (whose skin is no longer white due to decay) as an allegory for white supremacy
  • Gun-toting protagonists vs unarmed zombies as an allegory for the gun-toting Trump supporters
  • Gunt-toting police protagonists as an allegory for police brutality
  • Police protagonists in general
  • Zombies as an allegory for NPCs
  • The T-Virus as an allegory for Covid vaccines (made all the more problematic with Umbrella being an evil pharmaceutical company)
  • Too many - or not enough - female zombies / zombies of color as a sign of sexism / racism
  • And not to mention that zombies have always been cultural appropriation of the unique and interesting Voodo culture
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Complicity wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:18 am
this woke garbage will make you think that the Jovovich crap wasn't too bad after all.
Both horrid, for different reasons. Does it matter what you eat, if you end up with diarrhoea in both cases?

And the first Mortal Kombat movie was dumb fun, it wasn't trying to be anything else. Not a great movie, but I don't have a problem with it. I have many problems with every fucking Resident Imbecil movie that was made.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 pm

I kinda respect the balls they had for not giving a fuck, making everything about a character that doesn't exist in the games, and setting up crazy shit (especially for the cliffhangers) that gets effectively retconned in the opening scene of the next movie (Alice is an overpowered psychic now? One syringe later and she's back to square one! Alice has an army of clones? Now they're all dead!)
I'm not sure if that latter part was just hack writing, or Anderson trying to replicate the video game shtick of depowering the player character from the lofty heights of last game's endgame (even if that has never really been a thing with RE).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Cole was the worst part of MK 2021

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:28 pm

Complicity wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 am
I didn't even know there was a Netflix adaptation
Honestly, I thought the new movie was the Netflix show. It looked just cheap enough to be some direct-to-streaming shit.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:59 pm
And the first Mortal Kombat movie was dumb fun, it wasn't trying to be anything else. Not a great movie, but I don't have a problem with it. I have many problems with every fucking Resident Imbecil movie that was made.
It helps that the game's plot is hard to screw up, since it's just a martial arts tournament story and the movie follows that closely instead of making its own shit like Street Fighter did . My only gripe is that they turned Scorpion and Sub-Zero into mindless lackeys.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:12 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:28 pm
Honestly, I thought the new movie was the Netflix show. It looked just cheap enough to be some direct-to-streaming shit.
It's Netflix. If you can think of it, they have a Netflix Original Series (tm) of it in the works.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 am

I did a newspapers search on Angry Joe and other than a few brief mentions alongside Nostalgia Critic articles, no one has ever done a piece on him. This is how boring he is. He has millions of viewers but no one ever talks about him.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 pm
I'm not sure if that latter part was just hack writing, or Anderson trying to replicate the video game shtick of depowering the player character from the lofty heights of last game's endgame (even if that has never really been a thing with RE).
What's shocking is that these movies made mad cash. That's why there are so many - not in US, but for some unfuckable reason, especially the later ones did very well in the world. I don't know who's watching that - the chinese maybe? Perhaps that's what inspired them to invent their own T-virus to have something to unleash.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.